PDA

View Full Version : German Halftracks are indestructible.

AFJ_Locust
11-26-2004, 09:29 AM
Hi lastnight several of us were flying in Warclouds, doing the new missions & attacking the objectives, what we seen is that some German halftracks that used to die when shot by 2 hvars or straffed with 20mil are now seemingly indestructible. I slamed them with 1000 pounders & 3 other p38s were slaming them also with hvars & bombs these are not rookies either they also confermed on Warclouds TS (voice comms) that thoes halftracks were indestructible.

Also I seen the Bomb crater Right ON the halftrack yet it will not die

Hendley
11-26-2004, 09:37 AM
You mean that wasn't just me?

I've been having a devil of a time trying to rocket the AA protection of the truck columns--I'd put it down to inexperience with the Beau, but do I now have an excuse?

I'd put rocket craters right under the darn things and they still lived...

OneTinSoldier77
11-26-2004, 09:42 AM
Hi AFJ_Locust,

The other day I played the P-47D-22 Single Player mission and I destroyed one with rockets. Pretty sure it's a halftrack at the base that is the objective. Seemed like I had nail it right on the button but I took it out. If you want you could try that mission out and tell me what you think.

Regards,

One Tin Soldier

AFJ_Locust
11-26-2004, 09:51 AM
Tin this was online in Warclouds server

I knew I shoulda took Pics 2x1000 Pound bombs landed right on the German halftrack The crater was surounding it I emptied 10 rockets into it

Ive been ground pounding since Il2 Im very experianced @ destroying these tgt's trust me something is wrong with this target Im going to go do some tests

OneTinSoldier77
11-26-2004, 10:15 AM
Roger Locust. So it sounds like this would be something that pertains just to online MP servers or the War_Clouds server in particular, or perhaps the map they are using.

OTS

Hendley
11-26-2004, 11:27 AM
A follow-up to this but:

I was just playing Warclouds online, and I was again unable to kill any of the AA.

Can't remember the map name, but it involves the Allies attacking 4 tank columns.

There are half-track AA at the front and end of the columns, and they could NOT be killed. This time I was flying the P-38. Spent all the rockets and finally kamikaze-d one. No effect at all.

There does seem something odd here...

Hendley
11-26-2004, 12:35 PM
Tried again. The lawn darting was deliberate. Right after this, that same AA truck was firing again...

http://japan-translation.com/misc/cantkillAA.jpg

chris455
11-26-2004, 01:47 PM
.50 cal should destroy any APC. It's not happening anymore?

chris455
11-26-2004, 01:59 PM
It must be an online thing, I just made a QMB with "armor" as the target type. The Sdkfz's lit up nicely with short burts of .50 cal, as they have always done.

AFJ_Locust
11-30-2004, 04:59 PM
I made a quick DF map with Sd.Kfz.251 (German halftracks) then I hosted it in MP I was able to destroy them with ease.

BUTT!

In Warcluuds Server on that one map they just dont die no matter what you hit them with!!!

Tooz_69GIAP
11-30-2004, 06:10 PM
Is it the SdKfz.251s, or is the Maultier AA halftracks??

The Maultiers have always been easy to destroy, but for me, the SdKfz.251s are a nightmare, although they are still destroyable.

Haven't tried to kill em online that much since PF though.

GvSAP_Dart
11-30-2004, 09:06 PM
Sounds like he has the respawn for artillery set to either zero or one second.

VF51_Flatspin
11-30-2004, 11:18 PM
not that either, Dart. I've flown the same map in an A20: dropping bombs, and .50 cals blazing, they light up like Xmas trees but no kill msg on HUD. No pts.

This is rather irritating. Has anyone posted over at ORR?

Fillmore
12-01-2004, 12:03 AM
"they light up like Xmas trees but no kill msg on HUD. No pts."

I have no experience attacking the vehicles in question, but this statement sounds exactly like what was happening with AB clusterbombs after one patch (has since been fixed).

Tooz_69GIAP
12-01-2004, 01:50 AM
I flew in a Forgotten Skies mission last night (coop) and destroyed two Maultier AAA halftracks. No SdKfz.251s were encountered so I can't say whether they can be destroyed.

But perhaps this is a DF issue only??

WOLFMondo
12-01-2004, 02:40 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by AFJ_Locust:
Hi lastnight several of us were flying in Warclouds, doing the new missions & attacking the objectives, what we seen is that some German halftracks that used to die when shot by 2 hvars or straffed with 20mil are now seemingly indestructible. I slamed them with 1000 pounders & 3 other p38s were slaming them also with hvars & bombs these are not rookies either they also confermed on Warclouds TS (voice comms) that thoes halftracks were indestructible. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I've played this same mission and got very frustrated. I went out with 3 times in a P38 to kill these **** APC's off. Direct hits with HVARS and parking 1000lb'ers next to it did nothing.

Tully__
12-01-2004, 05:17 AM
I suspect you'll find it's multiplayer & client side only, the host WILL see them destroyed. Anyone can test this?

Willey
12-01-2004, 07:05 AM
It's a bug with some artillery objects, maybe some tanks have this, too. I'm pretty sure of:

Maultier Flak
Studebaker (that rocket truck)
Katyusha

They're indestructalbe for clients. When the host attacks it, it gets killed, but it respawns instantly. Nice way for a host to get some 1ooo points very quickly http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

Hendley
12-03-2004, 08:19 AM
Ahh, thanks very much Willey. That would explain it--and also why it is a recent issue, what with Warclouds running for now without the dedicated server.

Targ
12-03-2004, 11:54 AM
I noticed this last night on my own server and thought I was missing them (still thought it was odd). I was targeting the Russian rocket launchers, so I think it is a bug with non static arty.
Will test some more.

AFJ_Locust
12-03-2004, 12:14 PM
Yes I just seen somethign on WC server lastnight

Sparx is running FBD 2.0 & when I shot HVARS at the suspect vehicals it said I destroyed one tank & that I was attacking such & such grid sector But the dam thing wasent DEAD it was still shooting my **** off.

I thought I read the msg wrong so i wasted more HVARS on them & sure enough it sayes I destroyed it on the FBD message but the dam thing is respawning instantaly as it seems

ianboys
12-03-2004, 12:43 PM
Known bug - several AA vehicles incl. Maultier, M16 Maxxon etc are getting killed and reappearing immediately. In fact on a long strafe you can kill them 5 times in 1 pass. Has been reported a few times.

Relentov
12-03-2004, 05:58 PM
This is a known bug with the Opel Blitz Maultier AAA and other artillery objects (i.e. those that respawn in a DF map). Here's an email response I received from Oleg after I submitted a bug report:

Subject: Re: Opel Blitz Maultier AAA artillery in a dogfight map
Date: Wed, 1 Dec 2004 09:59:11 +0300

We already corrected it here. Thanks
There was also several other such vehicles.

Subject: Opel Blitz Maultier AAA artillery in a dogfight map

> Hello,
>
> I have installed PF with AEP/FB, including the latest 3.02bm beta
> patch.
>
> Something that I've noticed that may have existed even in 3.01m patch
> is that the Opel Blitz Maultier AAA artillery object respawns
instantly
> after it is destroyed. I checked and I don't have any respawn time
> entries in the conf.ini, so it's using the default respawn times.
>
> What happens is that as soon as you destroy this vehicle, it respawns
> and start shooting almost immediately. When you fire on it you often
> get multiple "Enemy Tank Destroyed" messages as it respawns and you
> destroy it again!
>
> I've attached an ntrk file in case you want to see for yourself.
> However, it's easy to replicate on your own if you want to verify.
>
> Thanks for the great work!
>
> Joe aka 609_Relentov