PDA

View Full Version : New Online Campaign in the works. Online Squadrons please read.

Pappy113
12-24-2004, 01:29 PM
I am putting the word out that we are working on a new online campaign. It will be a cross between a role playing, historical, and dynamic campaign. It will start in the early stages of the war and move through till the end. We are also using other game platforms to simulate naval and ground warfare which will be involved in the campaign. Right now we are in php development and rule finalization. The official site should be up very soon. Countries involved are of course Japan and the United States, but also England( both land based and Naval air arms), Royal Dutch Air Force, Royal Australian Air Force, Royal New Zealand Air Force, and possibly china and russia. Each country will be able to use the planes that they used historically, and planes will be replaced with new types as the campaign moves on. Other things that will be involved( some are possibles) are captured pilots leaking info, coded messages/codebreaking, a newspaper for both allies and japan, dedicated radio network with new and historical broadcast, and a few other things on the testing blocks.

This will be a squadron only campaign, you must be in a squadron to be in the league. Units will be broke down to 4 pilot groups so if your squadrons are larger you may take multiple units(same side). If you are a player there will be help to recruit to squadrons also. This will help players looking for a group to fly with that fits then and help online squadrons find the new pilots they are looking for.

I could go on on wiht the ideas and what is in the works, but my fingers would fall the hell off lol. I just wanted to put the word out to see how the interest is for such a thing and if anyone would like to join the team.

Start time is yet to be determined by the release of newer planes and patches. As soon as more info is released we will have a better idea.

Thank you all

Glenn Wade
Founder Into the Rising Sun Online Campaign

UKPsycho
12-24-2004, 03:17 PM
Dont forget to post a link when its done. Sounds very interesting!!!

Firebird_79vRAF
12-24-2004, 04:13 PM
~S~

WHOOOOT!! Terrific news!! I tried to get something similar going when we were involved with CFS3, but the user base there is a tad smaller. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Sign 79vRAF up, dont know if we are the first RAF squad involved but would like to get in on the ground floor.

Any help you might require in setup, running, etc. just let me know via our forums.

Merry Christmas indeed. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Pappy113
12-25-2004, 09:44 PM
absolutely sirs, i will be back home after the holiday and would love to touch base with anyone interested in doing so.

my email is sully123@earthlink.net give me a yell and we can set up a meeting to discuss the campaign and the status of it. there is alot more i can tell you like that, to type in here would be pages of info and features that are on the drawing board.

salute sirs

Firebird_79vRAF
12-26-2004, 08:04 AM
Bump

Common guys this is some good stuff.

JFC_Warhawk
12-26-2004, 09:07 AM
I am always in pursuit of total realism, but I was wondering...How do you intend to provide the correct timeline aircraft when we don't have enough airplanes in the game to simulate it accurately?

[Gypsy]
12-26-2004, 12:54 PM
Sounds very interesting....

The 310th (http://www.310thvfs.com)

turnipkiller
12-26-2004, 12:59 PM
Sounds very cool.

Bearcat99
12-26-2004, 04:55 PM
Sounds like VPF to me... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

Udidtoo
12-26-2004, 05:04 PM
Brother, if you can actually get all that up and running it sounds like it would be a solid blast. Keep us informed please.

Vortex_79
12-26-2004, 05:40 PM
~S~

Count me in!

The probability of survival is inversely proportional to the angle of arrival!

Pappy113
12-26-2004, 06:46 PM
as far as the timeline and aircraft, we will do the best we cna with the planes available, somethings might needed to be tweaked a bit, but we will try and be as historic as possible.

we are trying to do something that is sort of different then other online campaigns. With actual naval and ground warfare results, it will give a new direction for things to go. Also this will be more then a go up and fly type league. there will be all kinds of other things going on, sort of a role playing feel without the dorky side of role playing lol. Your home airfields can be damaged, your plane numbers will be kept track of as your pilots. Again the ideas are limitless it is getting them into a function system that isnt too overpowering for the players and the staff.

Also for the planes, they will become available at there date in history, but they will filter in as they would in real life. Enough for maybe a squad here or there and such. and all replacements will be assigned by the command staff of your country. There will be a chain of command all the way down to the squads, including ground and naval commanders.

The one thing this will not be is a 10 mission a week type set up. It will go in turns with the turns having lasting affects on everything from the squadrons to the thearters to the future of the campaign. It will be a slower based campaign so squadrons will have alot of time to practice, have fun doing squad activities and such. The plan is for a campaign with total emmersion of everyone involved and to give as much as a real war feel that is possible with the limits of the games and technology.

Right now we are still doign alot of the historic work and planning, but we do have the entire ship list to be involved ready. This list includes over 300 ships from the mighty BB to the lowely apd's. There are also going to be leaders that will affect your ships and ground forces fighting ablities. With all the action going on the hope is to feel like you are a part of the bigger picture instead of going up and furballing with a bunch of people.

Again i could go on and on and on. feel free to contact me to set up a meeting on ts or such.

again thank you so much for all the great post. it is the squadrons like yours that makes this thing even possible.

ALSO ANYONE THAT HAS PHP EXPERIENCE, we are looking for some custom stuff. The more help we can get the easier the whole process. Thank you

SALUTE ALL

Glenn Wade
sully123@earthlink.net