PDA

View Full Version : Is there a guide to the non-interactive cockpit geegaws and doodads?

Objektskaya
04-11-2008, 04:55 PM
Il-2 amazes me with sheer depth, and in the rich representation of cockpit controls of the various aircraft. However, I've noticed there are many dials and indicators that aren't explained in the Aircraft Guide, but which light up or move, and must be indicating something. For instance, there's a pair of gauges on each side of the TB-3's cockpit, not documented in the Guide. What do they show? How about that round thing with the flashing lights on the right side of the Il-2's cockpit? Since I don't read Russian, the markings are no help to me.

The same problem applies with German aircraft since, again, I don't read much German.

Also, there are some controls listed in the Aircraft Guide, but which there is no apparent way to use. An example is the "instrument dimmer switch" in the Ju-87 B-2, item #8 in the guide. Can you actually use it, or is it just there for accuracy?

Objektskaya
04-11-2008, 04:55 PM
Il-2 amazes me with sheer depth, and in the rich representation of cockpit controls of the various aircraft. However, I've noticed there are many dials and indicators that aren't explained in the Aircraft Guide, but which light up or move, and must be indicating something. For instance, there's a pair of gauges on each side of the TB-3's cockpit, not documented in the Guide. What do they show? How about that round thing with the flashing lights on the right side of the Il-2's cockpit? Since I don't read Russian, the markings are no help to me.

The same problem applies with German aircraft since, again, I don't read much German.

Also, there are some controls listed in the Aircraft Guide, but which there is no apparent way to use. An example is the "instrument dimmer switch" in the Ju-87 B-2, item #8 in the guide. Can you actually use it, or is it just there for accuracy?

Stoner_109
04-11-2008, 05:21 PM
http://mission4today.com/index.php?name=Downloads&file=details&id=3265

This should be what you're looking for http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif