PDA

View Full Version : Assassins Creed Revelations Weather

K1ller311
06-16-2011, 04:19 PM
I have been searching around the "interwebz" and I have not seen any answers to this question. Will there be weather throughout ACR? Weather adds a very nice look to the game. During the Romulus tomb I felt like it was MUCH more lifelike when it was raining. Please let the answer be yes to my question! Also, I am talking about when you are walking throughout Constantinople. Thanks!

K1ller311
06-16-2011, 04:19 PM
I have been searching around the "interwebz" and I have not seen any answers to this question. Will there be weather throughout ACR? Weather adds a very nice look to the game. During the Romulus tomb I felt like it was MUCH more lifelike when it was raining. Please let the answer be yes to my question! Also, I am talking about when you are walking throughout Constantinople. Thanks!

RzaRecta357
06-16-2011, 04:22 PM
Nobody knows yet. Probably not though.

Would be awesome if they proved me wrong with some info in a few weeks or something. But I doubt it.

rileypoole1234
06-16-2011, 05:30 PM
I think there actually might be. When Ezio goes to Maysaf, it's snowing. I think there's a good chance that there'll be a random weather system. It would make it that much better.

kriegerdesgottes
06-16-2011, 05:32 PM
I hope there is and I think there is a chance it will be in the game this time because of how they put it into one of the MP maps on Brotherhood and it was also in that romulus sequence.

souNdwAve89
06-16-2011, 06:25 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rileypoole1234:
I think there actually might be. When Ezio goes to Maysaf, it's snowing. I think there's a good chance that there'll be a random weather system. It would make it that much better. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Playing as Ezio or Altair fighting the enemies in the snow or rain sounds bad ***. I can see a scenery of Ezio or Altair fighting away from the battleground with a ton of foot prints, body grooves, and blood on the snowy ground. It would be pretty cool if they do add rain and it can change the gameplay. Like you're sprinting through the rain and there's the chance of slipping and even the target slipping while chasing.

acjake
06-16-2011, 07:04 PM
Hoping for snow and rain!! that would be amazing

K1ller311
06-16-2011, 07:14 PM
I am glad I am not the only one interested in weather haha. Hopefully even if they didn't add it everywhere hopefully we will just see more of it. It really adds an extra feel to the game!

acjake
06-16-2011, 07:24 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by K1ller311:
I am glad I am not the only one interested in weather haha. Hopefully even if they didn't add it everywhere hopefully we will just see more of it. It really adds an extra feel to the game! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

of course your not the only one lol..everyone wants weather! ever since AC2 i've wanted weather...AC2 had such beautiful environments like Venice...imagine Venice with a weather system that would be legendary lol.

k20ml
06-16-2011, 08:47 PM
If ACR does not produce snow in the middle of the game, I would be so disappointed knowing that in the trailer there was snow!

glenneey
06-17-2011, 02:13 AM
Never trust a trailer... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

lukaszep
06-17-2011, 02:17 AM
Weather is the only thing missing from the franchise http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif But i wonder if it might be too difficult to render rain across huge areas. But they managed to do it a bit in AC:B on the mission on the Vatican roof, and it was amazing.

k20ml
06-17-2011, 07:31 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by glenneey:
Never trust a trailer... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

But. But. But. Snow. And. Dark Skies. And white ground. Isn't that snow? *hyperventilating*

Blind2Society
06-17-2011, 09:17 AM
In the gaming industry progression is a popular word. I feel for the AC series, this is the next logical level of progression. A dynamic, beautifuly rendered, yet random weather system (just like earth http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif)... I lack the words to describe the shear epicness of it. Especialy if it has effects on gameplay. I can picture it so well.

EzioAssassin51
06-17-2011, 09:18 AM
I would take it that there wouldn't be a random weather system, but there will most likely be snow in the Masayaf sequence(s)

Blind2Society
06-17-2011, 09:55 AM
Random as in how weather is on Earth. It's mainly the same type of weather for each area, but time and intensity wise it should be unpredictable. I doubt such a system will be, nor should it be implimented in ACR. There simply wasn't enough time to do it right.

monkeyuncle8
06-17-2011, 10:15 AM
I can tell you right now there is not going to be any weather other than a light drizzle and weather that is put into the game. ACR weather does not react to the environment so when it hits a surface it will go straight through and as a a result cant be implemented in various parts of the games only the places it is designed to go

RzaRecta357
06-17-2011, 10:48 AM
Yeah. We'll probably get a bit of snow during the little Altair sequences since they're supposed to be linear like the catacombs and what not.

Maybe it'll still show when we go there as Ezio but I doubt it.

Snow doesn't have to go through anything if it's just light. It could hit the ground and just disappear.

kriegerdesgottes
06-17-2011, 11:37 AM
When ACII came out, they mentioned in the Gameinformer right away that it would have a day/night cycle. That was some of the first info to come out about the game so I have a bad feeling that if there was a weather cycle, we probably would have heard about it at this point.

mustangmaniak20
06-17-2011, 12:11 PM
I loved the rain in Brotherhoods Romulus mission in the Sisteen chapple! IT looked effin epic!

Blind2Society
06-17-2011, 07:46 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Blind2Society:
In the gaming industry progression is a popular word. I feel for the AC series, this is the next logical level of progression. A dynamic, beautifuly rendered, yet random weather system (just like earth http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif) I doubt such a system will be, nor should it be implimented in ACR. There simply wasn't enough time to do it right. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
You look at all the different things people have been doing to keep the game industry progressing. The most recent has been lighting effects. Going from a dark room into the mid-day sun for example. It seems to me that weather is the next logical step. I mean what else is there, enviroment wise?

AssassinBlaze
06-18-2011, 06:35 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by K1ller311:
I have been searching around the "interwebz" and I have not seen any answers to this question. Will there be weather throughout ACR? Weather adds a very nice look to the game. During the Romulus tomb I felt like it was MUCH more lifelike when it was raining. Please let the answer be yes to my question! Also, I am talking about when you are walking throughout Constantinople. Thanks! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I heard that the weather will change to the way you are playing so mabye if you are just waking about it will be calm if you are violently randomly attacking guards it might start raining mabye.

Noble6
06-18-2011, 06:49 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by AssassinBlaze:
I have been searching around the "interwebz" and I have not seen any answers to this question. Will there be weather throughout ACR? Weather adds a very nice look to the game. During the Romulus tomb I felt like it was MUCH more lifelike when it was raining. Please let the answer be yes to my question! Also, I am talking about when you are walking throughout Constantinople. Thanks! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I heard that the weather will change to the way you are playing so mabye if you are just waking about it will be calm if you are violently randomly attacking guards it might start raining mabye. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I think that was said from other game in the same interview about ACR. I remember somebody saying that it was missunderstanding.

Sporkfighter
06-18-2011, 07:34 AM
I haven't heard anything about this but I have to agreed that any type of weather system with snow and such but especially rain would be awesome even if it just happened that we did certain missions is various weather. I mean it's not like a huge gameplay element but running around doing some crazy assassination mission in constantinople on a stormy night would just be epic.

RzaRecta357
06-18-2011, 11:12 AM
It's not there because it's not something they would just add without mentioning. That'd be a big step to the franchise but they'd have to retune the engine for slippery slopes during rain and what not.

We might have a cinematic chase through snow or a light snow that just melts when it hits the ground during the Masyaf parts but I'm sure that'll be it.

Maybe a dev diary will prove me wrong but I doubt it.

Calvarok
06-18-2011, 08:49 PM
It seems like they might have a weather system. Time will tell.

Calvarok
06-18-2011, 08:50 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Sporkfighter:
I haven't heard anything about this but I have to agreed that any type of weather system with snow and such but especially rain would be awesome even if it just happened that we did certain missions is various weather. I mean it's not like a huge gameplay element but running around doing some crazy assassination mission in constantinople on a stormy night would just be epic. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

They don't need to change physics if they just add enough weather that physics won't be needed.

Blind2Society
06-18-2011, 10:46 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Calvarok:
They don't need to change physics if they just add enough weather that physics won't be needed. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif

Calvarok
06-18-2011, 10:49 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Blind2Society:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Calvarok:
They don't need to change physics if they just add enough weather that physics won't be needed. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If they just add a little bit of rain that doesn't collect on rooftops or streets, you don't need to have sliding physics. If it's just a light dusting of snow, you don't need to have physics for that. You know what I mean.

Blind2Society
06-18-2011, 10:52 PM
But then it wouldn't be game changing progression and in that case, in my opinion, it would be pointless.

Calvarok
06-18-2011, 10:56 PM
But then it wouldn't be game changing progression and in that case, in my opinion, it would be pointless. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Why would randomly the ground being slippery change the game in any meaningful way? Weather in the free-roam environment should definately be a visual distinction. Don't mess with the physics randomly unless you've built your entire game around them.

Blind2Society
06-19-2011, 07:58 AM
You are being way too close minded about the idea. Taking one forum post and assuming that's all it would be. Though, random slipyness is a good idea in my opinion. Let's think about running around on a clay slate roof while being shot at in a thunder storm.

The audio and visual effects would be critical as well. We all know the feeling and sound of that crazy loud, super sharp crack and rumble of thunder when it's directly over-head and all around at the same time. Along with that, there is the pitch blackness, randomly and quickly illuminated by flashes of lightning. The rumbling, re-shaping, rapidly moving, dark ominous clouds. All the while the deafening wind and pounding of the downpouring rain..... god I love thunder storms.

shamoney721
06-19-2011, 01:03 PM
You are being way too close minded about the idea. Taking one forum post and assuming that's all it would be. Though, random slipyness is a good idea in my opinion. Let's think about running around on a clay slate roof while being shot at in a thunder storm.

The audio and visual effects would be critical as well. We all know the feeling and sound of that crazy loud, super sharp crack and rumble of thunder when it's directly over-head and all around at the same time. Along with that, there is the pitch blackness, randomly and quickly illuminated by flashes of lightning. The rumbling, re-shaping, rapidly moving, dark ominous clouds. All the while the deafening wind and pounding of the downpouring rain..... god I love thunder storms. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>I love everything u just said

Blind2Society
06-19-2011, 01:15 PM
Thanks and welcome http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

Calvarok
06-19-2011, 02:16 PM

The audio and visual effects would be critical as well. We all know the feeling and sound of that crazy loud, super sharp crack and rumble of thunder when it's directly over-head and all around at the same time. Along with that, there is the pitch blackness, randomly and quickly illuminated by flashes of lightning. The rumbling, re-shaping, rapidly moving, dark ominous clouds. All the while the deafening wind and pounding of the downpouring rain..... god I love thunder storms. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Atmosphere and sounds can be done without affecting gameplay. All I'm saying is that I don't want weather to affect my ability to free-run smoothly. That wouldn't add anything to the game. All that you said can be done without affecting gameplay.

I can totally get behind extreme weather affecting Ezio in cinematic or scripted sequences, but when I'm just messing around, or actually trying to take out a target in a specific way, I don't want any random elements.

Blind2Society
06-19-2011, 02:33 PM
What it adds is realism. Maybe you're right and that wouldn't good a good fit for the game but I'm inclined to think otherwise.

It's something that could alter your approach to an assassination. You need to take out a target but you notice a storm kicking up. You may decide against the slick rooftops. Or decide it's worth the risk to come down from above with the rain. Or a rain storm could simply limit visibility. I don't know I'm just entertaining myself I guess. Though it seems like something that could be fun.

Regardless of whether or not they effect gameplay in anything other than visibilty and audio visual effects, dramatic along with not so dramatic weather events are a must.

Calvarok
06-19-2011, 03:01 PM
What it adds is realism. Maybe you're right and that wouldn't good a good fit for the game but I'm inclined to think otherwise.

It's something that could alter your approach to an assassination. You need to take out a target but you notice a storm kicking up. You may decide against the slick rooftops. Or decide it's worth the risk to come down from above with the rain. Or a rain storm could simply limit visibility. I don't know I'm just entertaining myself I guess. Though it seems like something that could be fun.

Regardless of whether or not they effect gameplay in anything other than visibilty and audio visual effects, dramatic along with not so dramatic weather events are a must. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

As I said, if they created an engine that could handle it, and they built the game around adapting to changes like that, it could work. As it is, what it would mean in basic terms is that randomly, the game would control worse than it has previously.

Blind2Society
06-19-2011, 03:09 PM
Well, they could do that and keep the game progressing or simply pump out an AC every year with a new story and a new sword with everything else the same.

Calvarok
06-19-2011, 03:26 PM
Well, they could do that and keep the game progressing or simply pump out an AC every year with a new story and a new sword with everything else the same. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Excuse me? Revelations is adding more than a new sword, and I was saying that it would be a good idea IF they make a new engine. I'm hoping that that's what they do for AC3, obviously. It sounds interesting, but I'm just saying I hope they didn't try to shoehorn weather physics into AC:R. I'd be fine with actual weather.

Blind2Society
06-19-2011, 03:33 PM
Are you being argumentative just for the sake of argument? You know what I meant by a new sword. ACR is going to feel like Brotherhood in a new location with a hookblade and bombs. That is hardly progression.

Yeah and nobody wants them to rush and just add some crap weather system.

I'm done arguing with you, I want weather that's not half assed and I'll leave it at that.

Sporkfighter
06-19-2011, 04:44 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Sporkfighter:
I haven't heard anything about this but I have to agreed that any type of weather system with snow and such but especially rain would be awesome even if it just happened that we did certain missions is various weather. I mean it's not like a huge gameplay element but running around doing some crazy assassination mission in constantinople on a stormy night would just be epic. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I didn't say they needed to add physics I am just saying that free running after someone in a rain storm in the middle of the night would be awesome. They don't have to do the slippery shingles or anything just have everything look wet with some rain and lightning and thunder. Though some reduced visibility would be cool and then just cinematic physic effects like the the chase where Ezio is hunting the guy giving the orders to the leaders of the Lairs of Romulus.

AdmiralPerry
06-19-2011, 10:33 PM
If The Elder Scrolls IV had weather, I don't see why Assassin's Creed can't, either. I am all for the inclusion of random weather elements in the game, and maybe even add in detrimental or advantageous effects for certain weather types. And I loved the description for a thunderstorm. That would be epic indeed. Though, people with epilepsy would have to be cautious.

Calvarok
06-20-2011, 02:38 PM
Are you being argumentative just for the sake of argument? You know what I meant by a new sword. ACR is going to feel like Brotherhood in a new location with a hookblade and bombs. That is hardly progression.

Yeah and nobody wants them to rush and just add some crap weather system.

I'm done arguing with you, I want weather that's not half assed and I'll leave it at that. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm not being argumentative for no reason, just voicing my valid concerns of why I don't think weather should affect game-play unless they've totally overhauled the game to accomadate it.
That's called debating.

haand76
06-20-2011, 02:52 PM
Weather and better enemy AI are what this franchise needs. But those two things are probably the only negative things I can say about the series. Even without those things, they are great games http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif.

Blind2Society
06-20-2011, 03:05 PM
Excuse me? Revelations is adding more than a new sword </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Are you being argumentative just for the sake of argument? You know what I meant by a new sword. ACR is going to feel like Brotherhood in a new location with a hookblade and bombs. That is hardly progression.

Alright, I'm done now and this time I mean it http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

Moultonborough
06-20-2011, 03:34 PM
I agree that if Oblivion could pull it off so could AC. It snowed, rained and mostly sunny. But it never affected actual game play. I would like that in AC. However, it could become a problem as well. Though, it is not really weather look at the night Rockstar made with GTA IV. It became impossible to do certain missions and hindered others. I don't mind if there is weather in AC:R as long as it does not change how the game plays.

SixKeys
06-21-2011, 07:07 AM
Apart from the Romulus lair at the chapel, I've also seen some rain effects in the Pienza map in multiplayer. Sometimes when playing it's sunny, other times there's light drizzle and lightning effects like a thunderstorm has just passed by. It seems random to me, so maybe they're already playing with weather concepts a little.

I don't know if we'll get to see random weather in Revelations, it seems more likely there will be scripted sequences where there will always be rain, snow etc. In a way it makes more sense, since you are relieving particular memories from Ezio's/Alta´r's history. If it rained during that mission, then it can't be sunny on your next try. While roaming in the open world it wouldn't matter if the weather was randomized. I don't think it has to affect physics either (like slipping and whatnot), it should be mostly an aesthetic effect.