PDA

View Full Version : That's what I call disappointment

Foehammer88
06-21-2005, 03:20 PM
Okay, so i was patrolling the Mediterranean sea... found a small merchant and a coastal merchant. Wasted 3 torpedoes on those (couldn't use deck gun cause of the storm). reloaded, completed my patrol. just for the heck of it decided to go to Gibraltar. Guess what i found? A HUUUUGE convoy coming into the Mediterranean! A bunch of Liberty Cargo's , C-2 and 3's, 3 small merchants, 4 coastal merchants, a Passenger Liner! and guarded by.. ONE single destroyer which i sunk with 1 torp in the fuel bunker! so what I do now.. all ships start maneuvering, i had 2 FaT torpedoes, fired both. Both found their ships. one sunk, one damaged. Fire spread shot at a C-3 beside a Liberty Cargo.. with 2 remaining eels. both hit the Liberty, cuz the C-3 maneuvered away. I now have 1 front torp in reserves, 1 stern loaded and 1 in reserve and 2 externals.. oh, by this time im right in the middle of a convoy. okay, fire one, hit a C-3.. which continued sailing. Fire #5 at a passenger liner behind me, in hopes of disabling its screws. Missed. so i sail away, surface, reload the external torps, go back, find the convoy, fire one at the liner, a hit. turn around, fire tube 5, a hit. the liner sails on like if i shot cork torpedoes at it... with the storm raging, i had nothing else to do but go home without firing a single round from deck gun.. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif If i knew i would meet the convoy, i would let those first 2 go..
Anybody got any more disappointing stories?

Foehammer88
06-21-2005, 03:20 PM
Okay, so i was patrolling the Mediterranean sea... found a small merchant and a coastal merchant. Wasted 3 torpedoes on those (couldn't use deck gun cause of the storm). reloaded, completed my patrol. just for the heck of it decided to go to Gibraltar. Guess what i found? A HUUUUGE convoy coming into the Mediterranean! A bunch of Liberty Cargo's , C-2 and 3's, 3 small merchants, 4 coastal merchants, a Passenger Liner! and guarded by.. ONE single destroyer which i sunk with 1 torp in the fuel bunker! so what I do now.. all ships start maneuvering, i had 2 FaT torpedoes, fired both. Both found their ships. one sunk, one damaged. Fire spread shot at a C-3 beside a Liberty Cargo.. with 2 remaining eels. both hit the Liberty, cuz the C-3 maneuvered away. I now have 1 front torp in reserves, 1 stern loaded and 1 in reserve and 2 externals.. oh, by this time im right in the middle of a convoy. okay, fire one, hit a C-3.. which continued sailing. Fire #5 at a passenger liner behind me, in hopes of disabling its screws. Missed. so i sail away, surface, reload the external torps, go back, find the convoy, fire one at the liner, a hit. turn around, fire tube 5, a hit. the liner sails on like if i shot cork torpedoes at it... with the storm raging, i had nothing else to do but go home without firing a single round from deck gun.. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif If i knew i would meet the convoy, i would let those first 2 go..
Anybody got any more disappointing stories?

Corto
06-21-2005, 03:30 PM
How many stories you like? Last night, after completing my patrol I decided to station around AM 51-52 (the known convoy grids). After days of ignoring all possible lone targets (mainly C2s and some C3s) I felt was enough, changed my mind and went for the sure thing (the loners). At the same moment I sunk a C2 with my last eel, CONVOY SPOTTED radio message received at the same spot I was a few hours ago (deck guns ammo was lone gone). How about that? At least you had your chance with your convoy.

Foehammer88
06-21-2005, 03:36 PM
That is disappointing indeed