PDA

View Full Version : Ghost recon Flight sim game



alienshogun
03-30-2008, 11:50 AM
Posted this in the other thread but im betting this is gonna be a Ghost recon flight sim game... i remember back when either summit strike or GRAW2 came out that a magazine article i read said that a "flight sim" game in the Ghost recon universe was in the works

alienshogun
03-30-2008, 11:50 AM
Posted this in the other thread but im betting this is gonna be a Ghost recon flight sim game... i remember back when either summit strike or GRAW2 came out that a magazine article i read said that a "flight sim" game in the Ghost recon universe was in the works

alienshogun
03-30-2008, 11:59 AM
Yep did some looking around this article right here explains what i read a few months ago
http://kotaku.com/373722/ubisoft-starts-with-graw-teasing

xSKYCOWBOYx
03-30-2008, 07:24 PM
you know, over g was a ubisoft title.

but also this just means they already have a base to work off of and could with ease use the engine for over g and just dump another game out and use this hype to get day one sales out.

Xx_RTEK_xX
03-30-2008, 09:18 PM
http://www.gamespot.com/news/6179825.html

I know it's a flying game. Not another shooter. I hope it's not another stupid shooter. Ghost Recon is pretty much dead, unless the Redstorm crew that made the Original, and Island Thunder have full control of the single player and multiplayer. If those frenchy french men at the Ubisoft Paris mess with the Recon series again, it will be dead buried and gone.

RawKryptonite
03-30-2008, 10:28 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by xSKYCOWBOYx:
you know, over g was a ubisoft title.

but also this just means they already have a base to work off of and could with ease use the engine for over g and just dump another game out and use this hype to get day one sales out. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'll gladly take an OGF but with a decent story, mission briefings and more MP options. I still play OGF some, in SP.
Great gameplay but half-baked overall. The bones for a good game are there though.

Not expecting the TC flight game to be an actual flight sim, not with the direction they've taken GR, Rainbow and SC. However, something between sim and Ace Combat would still be a helluva fun game. I just hope they don't ruin it with a bunch of fictitious futuristic jets. I want my A-10. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif Some choppers would be nice too.

BS PALADIN
03-31-2008, 02:43 AM
While the current info is pointing towards a flight game it doesnt make sense that the main advertising page is the GRAW 2 one. I still think its for Ghost Recon 4.

bazzam1974
03-31-2008, 03:23 AM
paladin-bs is right it points to much towards gr 4 it looks like a black box from a downed plane by ground to air a black box would show more air feeds the last vid look like the plane is been targetted by a sam site then its shot down ! this is air suport for the ghost!

Things that show its the next gr

1)4 blue dimods on the sat map
2)all ground targets
3)vid 3 give ground suport orders
4) all the TC sites lead back to ghost recon site
5)would ubi be so crule to put it up on a gr site and not be gr 4 or graw 3 when we all wait news on the next gr

MC_Elite
03-31-2008, 05:31 AM
I personally think it's about Firehawk squadron, the team of pilots that support the Ghosts for danger close fire missions. All the viral marketing supports it so far.


There was also an article about a Clancy flight simulator in OXMUK lately, so putting two and two together, i'd say that's a safe bet.

capteenix
03-31-2008, 05:48 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MC_Elite:
I personally think it's about Firehawk squadron, the team of pilots that support the Ghosts for danger close fire missions. All the viral marketing supports it so far.


There was also an article about a Clancy flight simulator in OXMUK lately, so putting two and two together, i'd say that's a safe bet. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
But in the last video, the bomber/AWACS get's shot down. and a ground team is send to recover it.

RawKryptonite
03-31-2008, 05:52 AM
Could be about the next GR game, or it could be located mainly there for the sake of discussion.
Rainbow just came out.
We know about the next Splinter Cell (delayed in typical Ubi fashion)
Of the 3 sites, it makes sense to put it on the game that doesn't have much going on right now.

Could very well be that this is backstory for something the Ghosts have to do. Or, the air game could be an elite group for the air, as the Ghosts are to the ground, and would certainly be in the same "universe" like Rainbow and Splinter Cell are. Another piece of the puzzle for EndWar to tie together. Might use characters from the EndWar book in the air game.

I've enjoyed the GR series, but at this point, it's very hard for me to get excited about another GR with the same engine, same gameplay, same "24" style of storyline. Not sure I can stomach another GRAW style of single player, with it's sluggish controls, slow trigger and drunken movement. Word of no new GR game until 2010 was a relief since it gave hope that they were re-thinking the direction and trashing the now dated looking game. I actually hope this is NOT GR due to it being somewhere being reborn.

BS PALADIN
03-31-2008, 06:53 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RawKryptonite:
Could be about the next GR game, or it could be located mainly there for the sake of discussion.
Rainbow just came out.
We know about the next Splinter Cell (delayed in typical Ubi fashion)
Of the 3 sites, it makes sense to put it on the game that doesn't have much going on right now.

Could very well be that this is backstory for something the Ghosts have to do. Or, the air game could be an elite group for the air, as the Ghosts are to the ground, and would certainly be in the same "universe" like Rainbow and Splinter Cell are. Another piece of the puzzle for EndWar to tie together. Might use characters from the EndWar book in the air game.

I've enjoyed the GR series, but at this point, it's very hard for me to get excited about another GR with the same engine, same gameplay, same "24" style of storyline. Not sure I can stomach another GRAW style of single player, with it's sluggish controls, slow trigger and drunken movement. Word of no new GR game until 2010 was a relief since it gave hope that they were re-thinking the direction and trashing the now dated looking game. I actually hope this is NOT GR due to it being somewhere being reborn. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

GRAW 3 or GR4 would have been started upto 6 months prior to the release of GRAW 2. And I suspect it will be a competely new game with a completely new engine. Graphically the GRAW engine is quite good as the latest co-op collection proves but it is lacking in many other departments. So even if the next Ghost Recon ships newxt spring or summer, it will have had 2 1/2 years development time.

RawKryptonite
03-31-2008, 10:04 AM
GRAW2 does look good, but it's quickly getting left behind. That's not the main issue though.

The idea that a 2" rock step completely blocks your movement has been ridiculous from the start and should not be in the next game (or the last several games). I understand the development time involved in a game, which is why I'm fine with waiting until 2010 if necessary for the game to be done right. If the next game were to be a "GRAW 3", meaning more of the same, then I'd rather the game did not come out. The next game needs to be much better than what we have now, and I'm not just talking about visual appeal.
The SP is horrible in the last 2 games. Every movement is delayed. I played through using just the left trigger, since pulling up the scope was so slow and frustrating. The drunken movement needs to go as well. MP has many of the same issues making the game much less enjoyable than it should be.

So, give me a new game even if I have to wait. I don't want another GRAW game. I want GR. I've got 60 maps on GRAW2 to hold me over. If another game comes out right away, all that DLC is wasted and it's too new for that.

So, I'm hoping this is all about the flight game. It doesn't seem to me that just being maily located in the GR area has to mean it's GR related (at least not directly). Could very well be a tie in from another game. Hope so. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

edubya42
03-31-2008, 07:12 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by PALADIN_BS:
While the current info is pointing towards a flight game it doesnt make sense that the main advertising page is the GRAW 2 one. I still think its for Ghost Recon 4. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well Where else are they going to put it? It fits the best on the graw page, wouldnt fit on RB6 or Endwar.

capteenix
04-01-2008, 01:54 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by edubya42:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by PALADIN_BS:
While the current info is pointing towards a flight game it doesnt make sense that the main advertising page is the GRAW 2 one. I still think its for Ghost Recon 4. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well Where else are they going to put it? It fits the best on the graw page, wouldnt fit on RB6 or Endwar. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Give it it's own site? Like they did for Endwar ARG? :P

RawKryptonite
04-01-2008, 05:33 AM
EndWar didn't get it's own site until after an announcement stunt like this.

domino1879
04-02-2008, 12:29 PM
All I have to say is that, aside from the GRAW1&2 multiplayer and America's Army, what else have they been working on for the past few years?

Seems it's been pretty hush-hush over there. I think a GR4 might be further along than they let on.

capteenix
04-02-2008, 12:55 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RawKryptonite:
EndWar didn't get it's own site until after an announcement stunt like this. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

but I remember it lead to some kind of Site where we had a feednack on web camera where there was some injured looking man

edubya42
04-02-2008, 05:09 PM
its here. Trailer on IGN.

called HAWX Game and looks ***.

www.hawxgame.com (http://www.hawxgame.com)

Medieval64
04-02-2008, 05:37 PM
it's CG, but atleast it's a taste of what to expect

alienshogun
04-02-2008, 06:09 PM
Knew it! and i wanted a new Ghost recon game... Btw how is this what old and new people wanted?!?

doz8ball
04-04-2008, 04:02 AM
Just to add my 2 cents, i like over G fighters much more than ace combat, AC looked good but was just ridiculus cuz of the arcade game play.
If they take the bad point of Over G like storyline, multiplayer interface etc... and clean it up, i'd be a happy man
Keep it a simulation ubisoft!

ZX3-HOSTILE
07-14-2008, 10:02 AM
<span class="ev_code_GREY">Personaly I think your the support jets that give air strikes ect to the ghost like in GRAW and GRAW-2.</span><span class="ev_code_RED">And why are you guys arguing like little girls? OVER A GAME ENGINE! get serious guys.</span>