PDA

View Full Version : prince of persia combat

nick0szZ
06-02-2007, 03:50 AM
first i have to say: i think this game is going to be great!! i love the style in this kind of games...

but, as it seems that the gameplay is a bit simular to the prince of persia games... i wonder how the fighting part of the game will be..

in the prince of persia games, i liked the jumping over people and hitting them from the air, but in this game it seems a more realistic type of fighting.. like i saw in an ingame trailer, but in another trailer you see how he jumps high in the air, lands on a guy and stabs the switchblade in his neck..

what do you guys think? will there also be the "running against walls, jumping on people, or hitting like 5 people at the same time while jumping trought the air :P" type of combat like PoP or will it be completely realistic... like impossible to fight 10 guys at the same time?

either way i think its going to be an awsome game http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

nick0szZ
06-02-2007, 03:50 AM
first i have to say: i think this game is going to be great!! i love the style in this kind of games...

but, as it seems that the gameplay is a bit simular to the prince of persia games... i wonder how the fighting part of the game will be..

in the prince of persia games, i liked the jumping over people and hitting them from the air, but in this game it seems a more realistic type of fighting.. like i saw in an ingame trailer, but in another trailer you see how he jumps high in the air, lands on a guy and stabs the switchblade in his neck..

what do you guys think? will there also be the "running against walls, jumping on people, or hitting like 5 people at the same time while jumping trought the air :P" type of combat like PoP or will it be completely realistic... like impossible to fight 10 guys at the same time?

either way i think its going to be an awsome game http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

moqqy
06-02-2007, 03:54 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by nick0szZ:

either way i think its going to be an awsome game http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well the gameplay really isn't like PoP at all, but this has been discussed elsewhere.

AC's combat is based on counter attacks, and jumping on air would probably be very bad idea in a fight.

And yes it will be realistic and I'm pretty sure it's next to impossible to fight 10 guys at the same time. But I guess it all depends about the environment and how you use it too.

Phreaky_McGeek
06-02-2007, 04:44 AM
No. In PoP you had the ridiculous ability to do 12 step wall runs etc, and you could simply spin around in circles taking enemy's heads off without a worry that one of them would try and amputate an arm. AC is much more realistic - it seems as if you can only duel with one enemy at a time, probably because it's easier to focus on one enemy with the ability to take you down in a single hit than it is to do with 8.

moqqy
06-02-2007, 04:54 AM
In the trailer there were like 5-8 guards and the player took down three and he didnt position himself very good.. So I believe you can take pretty many guards.

King32Gofather
06-02-2007, 06:55 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by moqqy:
In the trailer there were like 5-8 guards and the player took down three and he didnt position himself very good.. So I believe you can take pretty many guards. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yeah i agree who ever was playing that demo needs alot more practice he was sh#t

i rekon u could take out around 8-10 people u just have to master the counter moves and the combat would eventually become fluid, instinctive and fun. u should be able to do some jumping or dropping moves becaus jumping off a build onto someone is realistic but just not very smart. and running along or up walls would have to be a definate as the game is partly based on parkour and we saw it done in the demo from X06 anyway.

thanx

dragevs
06-02-2007, 07:58 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by King32Gofather:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by moqqy:
In the trailer there were like 5-8 guards and the player took down three and he didnt position himself very good.. So I believe you can take pretty many guards. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yeah i agree who ever was playing that demo needs alot more practice he was sh#t

i rekon u could take out around 8-10 people u just have to master the counter moves and the combat would eventually become fluid, instinctive and fun. u should be able to do some jumping or dropping moves becaus jumping off a build onto someone is realistic but just not very smart. and running along or up walls would have to be a definate as the game is partly based on parkour and we saw it done in the demo from X06 anyway.

thanx </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I think it was the meaning that he should die in the live demo.

moqqy
06-02-2007, 08:43 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dragevs:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by King32Gofather:

thanx </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I think it was the meaning that he should die in the live demo. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah. But anyhow, you could probably take pretty many guards if you played it right.
But if you stick around too long when the guards know where you are you are going to die, since otherwise Altair woudln't need to run away

nick0szZ
06-02-2007, 11:21 AM
hmm okey, i assume this is going to be a really realistic fighting experience..

anyway i think its awsome... because if difficult to handle 10 guard... it would be really cool if you DO succeed in killing 10 guards... get what i mean? :Phttp://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

moqqy
06-02-2007, 12:07 PM
I wouldn't say killing 3 guards of 8 when being surrounded is realistic, and if you can take more.. Well, PRETTY close to realism, and it's good because it would be boring if you could only take one on one or max one on two

Karl_93
06-02-2007, 12:49 PM
ya though like the farther you progress in the game the harder the guards will be. there might even be like "special guards." in the newest gameplay vid there were thouse two people wearing black where altair pushes one off the building. Dunno if thouse where guards but the competition certainly gets harder after awhile.

EDIT: nothing at all like prince of persia. wall running and stuff to some extent, but more realistic, and with like a profesional tennis players stamina. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

moqqy
06-02-2007, 12:52 PM
Certainly not "harder to kill", like having more hitpoints since the kill system is realistic one decent hit one kill, because even Altair can't take even one hit to head.

There are Knight Templars and Hospitallers, other wears Black with a white cross, other white with a red cross.

Karl_93
06-02-2007, 01:12 PM
harder as in more skilled. They might be able to counter your counters or something, so you have to think more and use your environment to your advantage for example, like when he hits the man so hard so that even though he blocks, he gets knocked off the building. Harder could also be like harder to get away from, as they are stronger or wearing less armour.

moqqy
06-02-2007, 01:32 PM
Actually.. That would make on sense, wearing less armory = Faster running maybe ( depending about the runners skill, of course. ) but the strikes would go straight through his flesh then without the armor.. So it doesn't really make them harder, just more "specialized" in different things. Even tho I doubt that there is a military group called "Light armor assassin chasers" http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

Karl_93
06-02-2007, 01:40 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif lol u never no. But you get my drift. Ya I'm hoping for different guards. It would sux if they we're all exactly the same with the same tactics and skills, making you able to exploit the same weakness over and over.

moqqy
06-02-2007, 01:46 PM
Well, same kind of guards would actually make sense, but I'd hope for invidual skill a little. They said every NPC has invidual AI so I guess it's possible.

And I don't really think there are real "weaknesses to exploit"

Karl_93
06-02-2007, 01:54 PM
Man that would sux. Personally I really like games with different enimies so you have to adapt and think. Plus, it would add to the realism. Well im gonna bounce the forums arent really active right now so gonna play obliv. peace

moqqy
06-02-2007, 01:59 PM
This ain't no oblivion, remember http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif There are only humans, not minotaurs, humans, dark elves... Etc, so all the enemies are gonna be pretty much the same i spose.

Phreaky_McGeek
06-02-2007, 02:18 PM
This ain't no oblivion, remember http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif There are only humans, not minotaurs, humans, dark elves... Etc, so all the enemies are gonna be pretty much the same i spose. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Well that was a contradictory post... only humans, but no humans O__o

moqqy
06-02-2007, 02:34 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Phreaky_McGeek:
This ain't no oblivion, remember http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif There are only humans, not minotaurs, humans, dark elves... Etc, so all the enemies are gonna be pretty much the same i spose. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Well that was a contradictory post... only humans, but no humans O__o </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I meant it as no humans PLUS *insert the races here* just humans.

fiso16
06-04-2007, 03:25 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by nick0szZ:

either way i think its going to be an awsome game http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

AC was origanaly supposed to be the next-gen PoP but they decided to change it completly. there might be some some similarities but there wont be the high flying stuff as much.

knife_X
06-04-2007, 04:37 PM
huh on the XO6 demo he wall runs up a wall but that is possible seen some people do it here I live, not as high up as Altair did but still. So wall run for some degree, I am guessing yes!

nick0szZ
06-05-2007, 05:19 AM
i think straight up de wall is possible in AC, but, uhm, how do i say this.. :P running from the left to the right against a wall isnt possible :P

Kamiks
06-05-2007, 05:50 AM
Since this game is more realistic, I hope to god that there isn't this ridicilous versions of wall jumps, where you jump up between two walls that are pretty far away. It's totally impossible.
If they are closer though, like almost that you can touch both at once, that'd be cool.

A.B.O.Y
06-05-2007, 12:35 PM
i think straight up de wall is possible in AC, but, uhm, how do i say this.. :P running from the left to the right against a wall isnt possible :P </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Well actually people can run on walls from left to right to a certain extent(look on "does anyone else do parkour" thread). there is a vid by some1

Kamiks
06-05-2007, 01:21 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Goose1994:
i think straight up de wall is possible in AC, but, uhm, how do i say this.. :P running from the left to the right against a wall isnt possible :P </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Well actually people can run on walls from left to right to a certain extent(look on "does anyone else do parkour" thread). there is a vid by some1 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That is true, it's possible, but to be honest, there isn't really a big point to it. It's a lot better to just jump. I cannot actually think of a situation where it would require you to do it. (Not arguing that you said that, just adding to the whole deal)

Karl_93
06-05-2007, 02:02 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">
I meant it as no humans PLUS *insert the races here* just humans. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i still dont get it http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif

and yes you can wall jump back and forth. i have seen someone scale a wall more than twice his hight in a tight alleyway. He couldnt have reached the wall with a normal jump btw

chewie1890
06-05-2007, 02:51 PM
I think he means Humans and then a further class, such as a human with magic abilities or dwarven abilities or any other non-sense such as that.

Kamiks
06-05-2007, 03:19 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Karl_93:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">
I meant it as no humans PLUS *insert the races here* just humans. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i still dont get it http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif

and yes you can wall jump back and forth. i have seen someone scale a wall more than twice his hight in a tight alleyway. He couldnt have reached the wall with a normal jump btw </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not nearly to the degree they do in video games. You're gonna have to prove that otherwise. (Though if you only meant some small types of wall jumps, then I agree, like this.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZ3tsC3moB4 )

I've seen someone scale the wall with wall jumping, in youtube parkour movies (like dvinsk clan), but not so that he needed to jump far between the walls at all. His hands could reach both sides almost. There is no possible way to push your body upwards several times using a wall, you don't get a grip with your feet, you just touch it quickly. To do that, you need to be very close to two walls and even have your hands as support.