PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed on PS3 - a BIG joke, right ?

dobosz-san
11-17-2007, 03:37 PM
Hello,
I as a happy owner of PS3, would like to compare the PS3 and XBOX 306 version of the game "Assassin's Creed". Narrowly, please tell me why XBOX 306 ver have bather graphic, is it a meter of konsol hardware, or just you have f**k up converting to PS3. Then, The game on PS3 have same problems with fluency running, it get low frame rate and same times you even have to restart you konsole. And pleads don't tell me the new patch will fix it all, i know it won't !
The game cost $60 and for it a get a **** not a playable game.

dobosz-san
11-17-2007, 03:37 PM
Hello,
I as a happy owner of PS3, would like to compare the PS3 and XBOX 306 version of the game "Assassin's Creed". Narrowly, please tell me why XBOX 306 ver have bather graphic, is it a meter of konsol hardware, or just you have f**k up converting to PS3. Then, The game on PS3 have same problems with fluency running, it get low frame rate and same times you even have to restart you konsole. And pleads don't tell me the new patch will fix it all, i know it won't !
The game cost $60 and for it a get a **** not a playable game.

AldirTheKnight
11-17-2007, 03:44 PM
kome on, does not get angry with ubi!

stuburns
11-17-2007, 03:49 PM
Yes the PS3 version has more glitches, a worse and less stabile framerate, lower res textures, much much worse dynamic lighting, but the PS3 version does have...

No nothing, I thought if I started typing something would come. I guess I'll have to buy a 360 after all, cheers Ubi.

Although in their defence, a company has a right to put out products of a low standard, it is our right to buy them or not buy them. You can't be upset that the PS3 version is poor in comparison, you (and I) brought the product regardless.

Last_Assassins
11-17-2007, 03:51 PM
I love this game, but I agree. The PS3 did get the bumb end of this deal. I am totally disappointed in Jade and Patrice for straight up lying about the "equality" of the systems....

~Chase

T_Spoon_UK
11-17-2007, 03:57 PM
I just lol'd

Destrier
11-17-2007, 04:11 PM
Its wierd, wasnt this game going to be just for the ps3??

Saying that the frame rate on the ps3 is perfect and the graphics amazing on a 1080p tv http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif something the xbox cant do unfortunately. Its faster than my friends xbox and i would say nicer looking with the tv.

Unfortunately mine keeps locking up... 3 times so far in a few hours play, but saying that my freinds xbox has just scratched his new disk http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

I hope they sort out the lockups!

lostassassin123
11-17-2007, 04:21 PM
Now we know, why did they showed the 360 gameplay only...
*sigh*
Ubi never changes...

LightningNick
11-17-2007, 04:29 PM
yeah but ive got it on PS3 and i cant say the games any less fun, i just love the running on buildings and using the crazy hand blade and sneaking around, i think to some extent your just nit-picking here, can any one of you say your realy dissapointed at the game on PS3?
graphics dont make a game.

Alpha_13
11-17-2007, 04:40 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by lostassassin123:
*sigh*
Ubi never changes... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

^ ^

Thread over IMHO.

The Xbox 360 version is having problems as well, but not as serious as its counterpart rival apparently.

stuburns
11-17-2007, 04:41 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightningNick:
yeah but ive got it on PS3 and i cant say the games any less fun, i just love the running on buildings and using the crazy hand blade and sneaking around, i think to some extent your just nit-picking here, can any one of you say your realy dissapointed at the game on PS3?
graphics dont make a game. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I'm happy with the lower graphics and **** lighting, I'd just like a half decent framerate, 30 is bad enough, but not even a solid 30? for a game thats meant to be all about fluidity its just not good enough. While it's loading I think it's about 60, and looks great.
Someone mentioned 1080p, the PS3 version doesn't support 1080p, but the 360 version does, just another thing we got screwed on.

modern
11-17-2007, 04:42 PM
i finished it on the ps3. i had 3 crashes im hoping the firmware update fixes other than that it's been great!

T_Spoon_UK
11-17-2007, 04:43 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Alpha_13:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by lostassassin123:
*sigh*

^ ^

Thread over IMHO.

The Xbox 360 version is having problems as well, but not as serious as its counterpart rival apparently. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What problems? I honestly havnt seen any yet.

Skippels
11-17-2007, 05:06 PM
I don't know what your problem is, should never have bought a PS3 in first place. Common knowledge that xbox always has better graphics, playability etc etc. ; )

djroberts2007
11-17-2007, 05:09 PM
360 has more contrast, better framerates and freezes far less often (the ones reported may not be specific to the game but more of failing console.)

The PS3 has faster load times and tighter controls and if you have firmware 2.0 then you have a freezing issues.

The games resolutions and textures are the same. Some textures on the 360 may look more detailed due to the increased contrast. I haven't spent enough time analyzing the game to determine which version is more accurate but most people prefer the higher contrast as they would prefer more vibrant colors, accurate or not.

Mulle_DK13
11-17-2007, 05:19 PM
LOL... I could have informed you about this months ago....

Consoles suck, and PS3 sucks even more.

That's why you buy a PC...

MiniAssasin
11-17-2007, 05:22 PM
dont forget we also get ahievements which for some reason are highly addictive to get

no issues from this xbox owner either
----

plz find my thread answer my questions people its called 'quick question'

Alpha_13
11-17-2007, 05:40 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by T_Spoon_UK:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Alpha_13:
*sigh*

^ ^

Thread over IMHO.

The Xbox 360 version is having problems as well, but not as serious as its counterpart rival apparently. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What problems? I honestly havnt seen any yet. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Good for you then. I know a couple of people who had a couple of problems with their Xbox 360 version, but only two or three times at best.

MrKyle
11-17-2007, 05:42 PM
The PS3 version really isn't as bad as people are making it out to be. While it does freeze occasionally, it only happens about once for every 5 hours play time for me. I have only had one slowdown, which was fixed by restarting the game. Anyone arguing that the 360 version has better textures is mistaken.

Also from the looks of things on several forums it seems as if 360 gamers are playing off freezing issues as a dying console or whatever for the mere sake of saying they have the superior version. Which is quite pathetic. I would much rather have reliable hardware than reliable software. Then there are also several reports of 360s scratching discs.

avsrule247
11-17-2007, 05:45 PM
Haha, I guess we know now why the live demos were never shown on a PS3!

Alpha_13
11-17-2007, 05:50 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by avsrule247:
Haha, I guess we know now why the live demos were never shown on a PS3! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

As a matter of fact, they were shown more than once, including at E3 2007. Stop being an ignorant fanboy.

Either way, Ubisoft should be the one to blame IMHO, NOT the PS3 or the Xbox 360.

We should stick together, instead of bashing each respective console, with the typical "yousa sucs, maine ruuleas!!!".

Stillzero
11-17-2007, 06:10 PM
Sure let's rule out the fact that the PS3 is a console that's more expensive and harder to program for then the 360.

How about you moan and whine to Sony for making an unfriendly console for game developers ?

I love Playstation but ignorant Playstation 3 fanboys make me sick.

Alpha_13
11-17-2007, 06:15 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Stillzero:
Sure let's rule out the fact that the PS3 is a console that's more expensive and harder to program for then the 360.

How about you moan and whine to Sony for making an unfriendly console for game developers ?

I love Playstation but ignorant Playstation 3 fanboys make me sick. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Infinity Ward and others disagree apparently.

It may be complex, but not impossible to program to. If it was, there would be no Uncharted or TOD for instance.

Either way, Ubisoft is the one to blame here, not the PlayStation 3.

Fastr77
11-17-2007, 06:16 PM
I could be mistaken... but wasn't the 07 E3 showing the one they had a big glitch and everyone was worried about the game?

No problems with my 360 version, nor any of my friends. Well, one person had ONE time of falling thru the lvl and the game freezing, but just that one time.

and no, the ps3 didn't rip you off, you knew what you where getting.

stuburns
11-17-2007, 06:19 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Stillzero:

I love Playstation but ignorant Playstation 3 fanboys make me sick. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It may be complex, but not impossible to program to. If it was, there would be no Uncharted or TOD for instance.

Either way, Ubisoft is the one to blame here, not the PlayStation 3. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I agree, this is not Sony's fault, this is Ubisoft's, there are games that are perfect on the PS3. The truth is Assassin's Creed's development isn't complete, it's as simple as that, they shipped unfinished. I imagine sales at Christmas are very high and the publishers wanted the first thing that would past in production and on the shelves asap.

Stillzero
11-17-2007, 06:19 PM

Either way, Ubisoft is the one to blame here, not the PlayStation 3. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh i'm sorry of course Infinity Ward and some other small developing parties know better then Konami and Square Enix.

Besides you acknowledges the fact that it is harder and more expensive to developer for the PS3.

And developers only care about money, not wether you as a person like the game or not.
If it sells they're happy and they wont care one bit if you feel screwed over because they didn't want to put in the extra time and money to make the PS3 version equal to the 360 version.

Sentite
11-17-2007, 06:26 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightningNick:

While the PS3 version CAN be fun the 360 version is even MORE fun! Believe me I used to have the PS3 version until it froze up one too many times and I want back to Gamestop and switched it for the 360 version and the game was even better. Taking down 10 guards at once,freeruning around the city,even the syncing on top of the towers was all more satisfying.

Alpha_13
11-17-2007, 06:29 PM

Oh i'm sorry of course Infinity Ward and some other small developing parties know better then Konami and Square Enix.

Besides you acknowledges the fact that it is harder and more expensive to developer for the PS3.

And developers only care about money, not wether you as a person like the game or not.
If it sells they're happy and they wont care one bit if you feel screwed over because they didn't want to put in the extra time and money to make the PS3 version equal to the 360 version. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Since when has Konami or Square Enix commented that its hard to develop for the PlayStation 3?

Is that why the main installments of their biggest franchise(s) are an exclusive to said console? Namely, the Metal Gear and Final Fantasy Series respectively?

Also, I said it is more complex; I never said it was more expensive and / or more difficult. Please refrain from doing that from now on.

Anyway, in case you failed to notice, both versions are having problems as we speak. Lets stick to the topic at hand, instead of turning this yet into another "ma cansole roks mi walrd, yous dosnt".

ThePheonix1030
11-17-2007, 06:48 PM

Glad someone speaks my mind on this forum. Ubisoft is jsut having a hard time handling the PS3...

Zain0
11-17-2007, 06:54 PM
You know, I don't understand why people get all pissed off over this ****, the games graphics look fine on the PS3, to be honest, looking at the video of "Xbox and PS3 gameplay" they showed the differences, The XBOX version looks exactly like the PS3 one on my TV, the game does slow down but not enough to make you wanna throw the controller into your TV, it slows down a BIT and you can still play fine, I thought by the game this game would be released this kind of **** would stop and everyone would just enjoy the game on the consoles they have but apparently not..

pillaysteven
11-17-2007, 07:01 PM
Well I finished the game on PS3 and absolutely loved it! Was a bit confused at the end but after reading the blog about it I'm really excited for the next one.

The game froze twice in total so it wasn't a really big deal.

Very slight spoiler coming up (dunno if could even be called a spoiler but just to be sure):

One thing that really annoyed me though was very close to the end where there are lots of people in a small area, the game slowed to a snails-pace. It was horrible. And the thing that really annoyed me was that there was no need for there to be that many people there!

End of very slight spoiler.

Other than that though the game was fantastic and I can't wait to see what's coming next!

djroberts2007
11-17-2007, 07:10 PM
It seems like most forums now days are plagued with fanboys who feel the need to slam the other console.

I have a huge issue with the PS3 version, but I am rather picky about my game quality. I have high expectations.

For those who want to say, hey, the 360 version is better, well, you're right, congratz! For those who say, the PS3 sux and it's too expensive. Please go create a topic and debate it there. I can't speak for anyone else but for me the PS3 is a much better deal. For $50 more I get Blu-ray (I'm into home theater) and wireless. Plus, I prefer the exclusives on the PS3 over the 360. Yeah, that's freakn right, I like them better. Go argue with yourself about why I shouldn't. I'll just continue to let you miss out.

FrozenFire550
11-17-2007, 07:43 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by djroberts2007:
It seems like most forums now days are plagued with fanboys who feel the need to slam the other console.

I have a huge issue with the PS3 version, but I am rather picky about my game quality. I have high expectations.

For those who want to say, hey, the 360 version is better, well, you're right, congratz! For those who say, the PS3 sux and it's too expensive. Please go create a topic and debate it there. I can't speak for anyone else but for me the PS3 is a much better deal. For $50 more I get Blu-ray (I'm into home theater) and wireless. Plus, I prefer the exclusives on the PS3 over the 360. Yeah, that's freakn right, I like them better. Go argue with yourself about why I shouldn't. I'll just continue to let you miss out. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm not sure why, but I liked your post. :]
Probably because you're like..the opposite of fanboy. &lt;_&lt;

Anyway, no problems on the 360 version for me. I really do feel bad that people are experiencing so many problems. After all of the talk of "They're identical on both systems", this is kind of unexpected.

Warrior-Within2
11-17-2007, 08:24 PM
This is ridiculous, the PS3 version looks better... It has a filter over the screen making it feel as though there is sand flowing through the air, and to me its seems to have slightly better depth of field. The only thing 360 has over PS3 is that it's darker... as usual. I'd also like to point out that I've had absolutely no issue running it. No slowdowns no freezing, nothing...

Warrior-Within2
11-17-2007, 08:28 PM

If it sells they're happy and they wont care one bit if you feel screwed over because they didn't want to put in the extra time and money to make the PS3 version equal to the 360 version. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

OK, I'm going to give you a history lesson... Dreamcast was said to be way easier to program for then PS2, and was said to have power able to render graphics and such at pretty much the same level as PS2. People whined that Sony had made good with PS1 but PS2 was a flop that was really hard to develop for... Guess who won last generation... Does any of that sound remotely familiar to anything going on now?

Beren-
11-17-2007, 08:37 PM
*sigh*
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/agreepost.gif

FLOWDANGO
11-17-2007, 09:12 PM
I have a 360 and experienced that occasional freezing only 2 or 3 times, but as for the mass of people on screen at once there was no frame rate issue at all, it was smooth as silk. Some PS3 people have complained a about that.

Oh and by the way what is up with the **** spelling by the first poster? Are you like 5 or 6 years old?

dobosz-san
11-18-2007, 04:47 AM
I heard that this whole thing about PS3 game is the sony lib's matter (I'm update), which are smoller and weaster than XBOX once. But Ubisoft can spend some more time to improve game on PS3.

cpuchess1966
11-18-2007, 05:12 AM
Game crashing is nothing new, Gears of War does it just as frequently on the 360 as Assassin's Creed does.This game froze up on my 360 1 time but also had several buggy moments. There really should be no excuse for freeze ups on a console, everybody has the same machine. It's not like a PC where people have all kinds of different configurations. I worked in a Software Quality Assurance department for several years (not games) and every release we had a "Known Issues" list which are bugs we let pass unfixed until the next release. I bet some of these problems were already known when it went Gold but they had a deadline to release.

jonavoly
11-18-2007, 05:32 AM
enough already! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_mad.gif

almost everyone here is a moron...

the 360 version doe NOT have better textures, what the heck do you think they compacted most to fit this 20 - 30 GB game on the 8GB disc?

The only reason textures look better there is because there is more contrast... so? ever heard of the menu button on the tv remote? you have all sworts of settings there including *sarcastic drum roll* contrast!

the above are plain facts...

as for frame rate, I haven't played the game but if you keep the ps3 cool (which i doubt the freez people have been doing) you don't get as much problems... also the freezes are apparently random glitches, they could just have easily been all on the 360... and they dissapear with a good cooler...

quite frankly, if you take the worst and the best of both games, the 360 has achievements and flags....

~spoiler for those who think 360 only demos has a reason~
<span class="ev_code_white">AS FOR ALL YOU FRIGGI'N MORONS USING 360 DEMOS AS AN ARGUMENT... IM NOT EVEN GONNA SATISFY YOU *******S, SEARCH MY POSTS YOU IDIOTS</span>

Ghotten
11-18-2007, 05:42 AM

He's right. Look at Metal Gear Solid 1, very poor graphics, but is still rated as one of the best games ever. Frankly, I don't give a **** about graphics on a game, it's the gameplay i care about.

AirRon_2K7
11-18-2007, 05:44 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">The PS3 has faster load times and tighter controls and if you have firmware 2.0 then you may have freezing issues. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Corrected for truth.

I had one freezing issue, no slow down (so basically - the same frame rate). So I don't know what people are talking about.

On the issue of the 'many people at the end' thing, when I saw it I was like "Oh ****, here we go...." But it was fine for me... just pushed past them while they sat there dribbling.

Thumper1980
11-18-2007, 05:53 AM
2.0.0 is out?

LOL I'm still on 1.9.4 or something :P

lostassassin123
11-18-2007, 05:57 AM
Lets look at this situation fair:
NO ONE on these forums has EXACTLY SAME opinion...
For someone AC is a masterpiece, for someone else - bag of bugs.
It freezes on both PS3 and 360.
Many sites have done "PS3 vs 360" comparsion, and EVERY looks different.How can that be?.You need to think for Yourself, not just blind follow.
Same situation in freezing issues:
Someone has it every 5 mins, others have none.
No one, even Ubisoft, knows what`s the problem.
We know the FI problem is on both, ps3 and 360.
The problem may be the disc, the hardware, the place of your console, or everything at once, or something else.
We can`t KNOW the problem, we can THINK what the problem is.
I was depressed at first, now I can think clearly:
I won`t buy AC NOW, but later, when I would be at least 98% sure, that I won`t have FI.
You need to think for Yourself.
Simple.
As to stay on topic, IMO yes, it`s a joke.
A BIG joke.
And from that point, Ubi has no humor....

Beren-
11-18-2007, 06:09 AM
Lets look at this situation fair:
NO ONE on these forums has EXACTLY SAME opinion...
For someone AC is a masterpiece, for someone else - bag of bugs.
It freezes on both PS3 and 360.
Many sites have done "PS3 vs 360" comparsion, and EVERY looks different.How can that be?.You need to think for Yourself, not just blind follow.
Same situation in freezing issues:
Someone has it every 5 mins, others have none.
No one, even Ubisoft, knows what`s the problem.
We know the FI problem is on both, ps3 and 360.
The problem may be the disc, the hardware, the place of your console, or everything at once, or something else.
We can`t KNOW the problem, we can THINK what the problem is.
I was depressed at first, now I can think clearly:
I won`t buy AC NOW, but later, when I would be at least 98% sure, that I won`t have FI.
You need to think for Yourself.
Simple.
As to stay on topic, IMO yes, it`s a joke.
A BIG joke.
And from that point, Ubi has no humor.... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/agreepost.gif

Thumper1980
11-18-2007, 06:12 AM
There aren't as many people getting this bug as you think.

According to the poll in the other thread, most people are shibby.

Beren-
11-18-2007, 06:17 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Thumper1980:

According to the poll in the other thread, most people are shibby. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
we don't go to a poll (made by an ubisoft fan) when there is an Official thread to report the freezing issue. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/metal.gif

Naruto94
11-18-2007, 06:24 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dobosz-san:
Hello,
The game cost $60 and for it a get a **** not a playable game. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

STFU cause i won't let you insult Ubi Montreal, biaatch.

Royal.Mist
11-18-2007, 06:24 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by AldirTheKnight:
kome on, does not get angry with ubi! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You win at the internetz. You really do.

Thumper1980
11-18-2007, 06:32 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Royal.Mist:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by AldirTheKnight:
kome on, does not get angry with ubi! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You win at the internetz. You really do. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

rofl http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/agreepost.gif

lostassassin123
11-18-2007, 06:35 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Thumper1980:

According to the poll in the other thread, most people are shibby. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Was that directed to me?
I know.
I did a research, and like 1/5 people have encountered one or more FI.
85% on PS3 and 15% on 360.
Everyone has his own theory and solution.
Many just returned the game.
I think we should wait a week, because in 3 days there are no progress.
Hope it will be fixed or something, because AC is a great game, I REALY want to play it.
*sigh*
Good game, wrong time....

djroberts2007
11-18-2007, 11:01 AM
Well, like I said, I have the PS3 version and I would prefer to own the 360 version. Personally, I like the higher contrast of the 360 version better whether it's more or less realistic.

Both consoles are simply awesome. Both have their share of great things and headaches. I just hope Ubi is able to fix some of the issues on the PS3 version.

Silent_Shadow6
11-18-2007, 11:36 AM
Well i say there is no point in arguing at all about this. The plain and simple fact is that people are always going to have one console or the other, and shouldn't exclaim things like its better on one than the other, because most of the xbox or sony fanboys would have never played the game on the other system anyway to say it matter of factly, I have an xbox 360, and i'm enjoying the damn game, thats why it was made, to enjoy, not to bicker about how many times its frozen on your console, and not the other, i've seen and played both versions, and i enjoyed them both, let it go!

Kariko762
11-18-2007, 11:42 AM
In my opinion i have a 360 at home.. been playing it all day. LOOKS and play SWEET nice and smooth i come around my m8's house he has got a ps3 and it looks like its running at about 20 - 30 fps at some point...but its not UNPLAYABLE....

could it not be becuase 360 uses DVD and ps3 uses BLUERAY?

other than that i doubt its to do with the hardware in a ps3 so most likly its poor coding for the ps3.. which is a shame.... just glad i got a 360 http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Silent_Shadow6
11-18-2007, 11:45 AM
my xbox runs it near perfect, had one bug i believe, one of the guards legs were stretched all the way back and his feet were going through the top of his head haha, but as kariko said, its not unplayable on the ps3 like i've said, people are always going to be more fond of one or the other, and they will argue all day that there version is better.

AirRon_2K7
11-18-2007, 11:46 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">85% on PS3 and 15% on 360. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

BS. Sorry, just had to say that.

lostassassin123
11-18-2007, 11:50 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by AirRon_2K7:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">85% on PS3 and 15% on 360. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

BS. Sorry, just had to say that. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Possibly....
Just what people are saying...
I can`t prove, are they lying or not, right?
I REALY hope i`m wrong.I`ll grab my copy Monday.
Hope I will be lucky just like You, AirRon...
*Lucky B**ch!!!!*
LoL joke

AirRon_2K7
11-18-2007, 11:54 AM
Haha, http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-tongue.gif. You're getting it on Ps3?

Well either way, it's a bit of a wildcard. There's a chance that it'll work, there's a chance it won't. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/sadeyes.gif

Hopefully you won't get celophane on yours, so if it doesn't work, just keep the disc clean and return it... and go to another shop to get the same thing again xD

lostassassin123
11-18-2007, 11:58 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by AirRon_2K7:
Haha, http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-tongue.gif. You're getting it on Ps3?

Well either way, it's a bit of a wildcard. There's a chance that it'll work, there's a chance it won't. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/sadeyes.gif

Hopefully you won't get celophane on yours, so if it doesn't work, just keep the disc clean and return it... and go to another shop to get the same thing again xD </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Yep, I`m getting it for PS3 http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif
And yeah, that`s what I would be doing:
Trade it back, 'till the normal one.
And then edit every post to "Ubisoft, Iwas wrong" or something.
Wish me luck http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

IVlatty
11-18-2007, 11:59 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Hello,
The game cost $60 and for it a get a **** not a playable game. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

speak english mate.

Silent_Shadow6
11-18-2007, 12:02 PM
yeh...i was wondering what an xbox 306 was?

AirRon_2K7
11-18-2007, 12:05 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by IVlatty:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Hello,

Please correct grammatical and spelling mistakes, to make it easier for other people to read. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Corrected for niceness http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-tongue.gif

Micheal_Yar
11-18-2007, 12:05 PM
I don't understand what the problem is on the PS3? I have it and with me it is ****ing awesome. Sometimes framerate drops but more than 90 procent it is above 30 , so what's the problem guys?

Silent_Shadow6
11-18-2007, 12:12 PM
fanboys...thats the problem http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/35.gif i've got the xbox version, but the ps3 version is just as impressive.

Kariko762
11-18-2007, 12:20 PM
there isn't a problem...

just people who love sony say ps3 version is the only version and vise versa with the ol'e 360

all i can say is this

BUY YOURSELF A PS3/360 and play the game... thats all the matters cos it AWESOME! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Ghotten
11-18-2007, 12:33 PM
kariko, you're aware that DVD discs hold about 4gb on them, while Blueray holds about 40gb? I don't see how that's relevant.

Kariko762
11-18-2007, 12:36 PM
Blueray can hold 25/50 Gig and its the way they are read...

that was all i was getting at... does the way the game is prgrams mean it causes more "heavy duty disc reading" thus causing talked about fps drop

djroberts2007
11-18-2007, 12:55 PM
The framerate issues have nothing to do with Blu-ray vs. DVD. In fact, the PS3 version does load faster do to a hard drive buffer.

It has more to do with the way it was developed. The PS3 needs SPU usage to help the GPU do it's job. Also, since the PS3 has a non-symmetric CPU it requires custom code which is hard to abstract.

Had the game been fully developed on the PS3 first, then ported and optimized for the 360, both would like very simular. It's much easier to generalize the code for the 360 than it is to make it more specific for the PS3.

Don't get me wrong, the PS3 has plenty of horsepower, just some company's don't believe it's worth spending a bit more money to utilize it. Eventually they'll get it for free with the new toolkits like "Playstation Edge".

Spykes_wab
11-18-2007, 01:33 PM
360 4tw! :P

Kariko762
11-18-2007, 01:38 PM
Thanks for clearing that up Roberts, i only metioned the blueray as a kinda, "i dont know" question.

What u said makes more sense so the PS3 has a different architecture to the 360?

djroberts2007
11-18-2007, 09:45 PM
The two architectures definitly share some things like omitting branch prediction and out of order processing in favor of multiple cores. This makes programming for both consoles more complex but raises the ceiling in overall performance capability.

Overall, the architectures are fairly different. The 360 use a few newer techniques with the GPU as the PS3 does with the CPU.

Both marketing strategies are great. The 360s strategy to market a lower price by making a lot of things optional and allowing for a simpler programming model with an early release to get a huge head start on gaming. The PS3 has a more long term strategy with garaunteed integrated hard drive, Blu-ray and a massively powerful CPU to support techniques like procedural textures.

If you look at the two they parallel their respective HD disc technologies. Blu-ray being a bigger leap but more expensive and HD-DVD being a smaller step forward but less expensive.

Anyway, both consoles are truly awesome. Many of my friends and some family own 360s. I do not because all the games I like on 360 are available on PC. So my setup includes a PS3, HD-DVD player, great HT and soon a Wii.

Destrier
11-19-2007, 05:52 AM
The thing i dont understand is the game was originaly set to be a ps3 exclusive, or am i confused. Im 90% sure of this. Then as time went on they demoed it on xbox.

My guess (and it is a guess) is that they found it easier to program on xbox and so went for that first. This is why the ps3 is a bit buggy.

In the end the xbox is not as good as a ps3. Its just far easier to program since its a pc in a box. Now programming "programs" have been released for the ps3 you will see games get better and better as people figure out how to get the most from this.

The proof of this are games like Dirt in which time was put into the ps3 version. It lags on pcs and xbox but is perfect and beautiful on ps3.

Im just happy games now are equal to xbox and cant wait till the games improve on the consoles. For a fairly new console ps3 has some amazing games.

ScytheOfGrim
11-19-2007, 05:55 AM
Continuiing on what you said about the PS3 program thingie...

The dev kit for the PS3 got a near 50% discount.

That makes it even cheaper, so maybe more inviting too? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

stuburns
11-19-2007, 06:02 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ghotten:
kariko, you're aware that DVD discs hold about 4gb on them, while Blueray holds about 40gb? I don't see how that's relevant. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
DVD9, which is what the 360 supports holds nearly 9gb, AC is 8.4gb.

But regardless the framerates have nothing to do with the disc drives. And the PS3 version is not as good, not even close, I have the PS3 version and my flatmate has the 360 version and I've played them both a lot, and back to back on the same TV and the 360 totally owns the PS3 version. I can't believe anyone would think differently.