PDA

View Full Version : Problems with TrackIR 4 sticking in a view

roadczar
07-28-2006, 06:43 AM
After upgrading from TrackIR 2 to TrackIR 4. I started having a problem where while playing IL2 online, the view gets stock while turned and does not smoothly return to the center. After a one or two seconds delay it suddenly centers regardless of where my head is pointing. This seems to happen only while playing online and never happens off line. I have never had this happen with TrackIR 2.

Any ideas?

I am running the latest version of the software.

Pentium 4 3.0, 1gb, Win XP.

roadczar
07-28-2006, 06:43 AM
After upgrading from TrackIR 2 to TrackIR 4. I started having a problem where while playing IL2 online, the view gets stock while turned and does not smoothly return to the center. After a one or two seconds delay it suddenly centers regardless of where my head is pointing. This seems to happen only while playing online and never happens off line. I have never had this happen with TrackIR 2.

Any ideas?

I am running the latest version of the software.

Pentium 4 3.0, 1gb, Win XP.

TgD Thunderbolt56
07-28-2006, 08:21 PM
Typically, that's a loss of return from the reflectors to the unit. You may try repositioning or opening the views in the TIR software to verify centered tracking.

Hope it helps.

TB

96th_Nightshifter
07-28-2006, 08:29 PM
I often find that during certain times - usually mid-afternoon my TIR4 won't respond as good as it does later at night - I know the reason, it is because there is more light in the background during the day which I can't help at the moment as I'm not going to resposition a room to fix this problem. Make sure there is nothing reflecting a lot of light in the distance behind you as your Track IR unit will get confused by it.

VF-17_BOOM
07-28-2006, 08:40 PM
Well,I just received my track 4 pro today....after mess'in with it to try to get it to work for 8+ hrs I went to NATURAL POINTS site to find out about a KNOWN issue with it....I'm not real happy about it,hopefully they will resolve it soon....seems like it's been going on at least since APRIL!! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif