PDA

View Full Version : I am so disappointed! :(

ttsvi
08-01-2011, 11:17 PM
hi http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

i want to believe that u like games with good graphics and good attention to the little things.

well, if i was right.. i have to ask u something..

why for god sake, there is NO blood on the floor?
and WHY (!!) there is no any animation for going up or down in the stairs??

theses things are SOOO important!!

ttsvi
08-01-2011, 11:17 PM
hi http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

i want to believe that u like games with good graphics and good attention to the little things.

well, if i was right.. i have to ask u something..

why for god sake, there is NO blood on the floor?
and WHY (!!) there is no any animation for going up or down in the stairs??

theses things are SOOO important!!

Calvarok
08-01-2011, 11:43 PM
Games are not about little animation touches. They're about fun, and cool stuff. Blood pooling is not really that essential for coolness.

Up and down stairs animations would be cool, but it's not even close to being a big problem. Assassin's Creed has some of the finest animations around, and looking at many other AAA games, you can see that it could be a lot worse. Stop whining and enjoy all the little touches that AC DOES have, instead of complaining about little touches it doesn't have.

Chamboozer
08-02-2011, 12:56 AM
In all seriousness I agree about the stairs. For some reason that simple touch adds a lot of depth to the atmosphere.

Randy 355
08-02-2011, 01:37 AM
Well, for one, I don't think they use processing power to render blood on surfaces because the game already demands a lot of power, with all of the people and environment rendering. While I would love the touch, I love the atmosphere and creativity more. Worthy trade.

As for the stairs, I think it's more of an intuitive sacrifice. I bet it's so you don't worry about loosing your mobility or combat prowess while being on a flight of stairs. It doesn't look great animation-wise, but from a gameplay standpoint I rather like not tripping on stairs in a fight, or being slowed by them during an escape. Another worthy trade-off.

Just my two...

LightRey
08-02-2011, 05:40 AM
Ever played Halo? if there's enough blood on the floor even that game can't handle it anymore.

Abeonis
08-02-2011, 05:48 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:
Ever played Halo? if there's enough blood on the floor even that game can't handle it anymore. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Exactly. The OP has to realise that if they added blood on the floor, they then have to give it a realistic pooling effect, drag animation for when characters run through it and "drag" the blood along the floor with their feet. You'll have to include realistic splatter animations and patterns... all of this adds up to serious lag for absoutely zero gameplay bonus.

Marios725
08-02-2011, 06:01 AM
well about the blood....i'll agree with what LightRey said...most games cant handle it....but the stairs sure thing!!! make it like they slow u down a bit...and maybe when we go down the stairs, in order to avoid the slow-down, jump...as long as the guards are able to hunt u down -.- cause obviously in AC2 and ACB only thing u had to do to escape them was to sprint ._.

GariStz
08-02-2011, 08:57 AM
The blood stains are kind of another topic, but the stairs issue, as strange it may sound, is my number one problem, since day one I've ever played this game. And it's not just stairs, its hills, rooftops, or everything else rather than flat ground, the character is just sliding his legs forward, which looks extremely dull and ugly...for a game with such a good animations, ESPECIALLY back then when AC1 came out, this is really a strange issue, that somehow the developers still didn't fixed...I guess they don't listen to the community anymore since AC2 came out... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

My idea is, don't make it like games like GTA 4 or L.A. Noire where the character takes each stair step by step, taking a lot of time to go up or down, especially when you're in a chase, but make it more like the Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time Trilogy, where the character just folds his legs depending on the surface he's on, while still not reducing the speed they're going with - this will make it look better, without changing the current gameplay, and its not that hard to do...

LightRey
08-02-2011, 01:54 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by GariStz:
The blood stains are kind of another topic, but the stairs issue, as strange it may sound, is my number one problem, since day one I've ever played this game. And it's not just stairs, its hills, rooftops, or everything else rather than flat ground, the character is just sliding his legs forward, which looks extremely dull and ugly...for a game with such a good animations, ESPECIALLY back then when AC1 came out, this is really a strange issue, that somehow the developers still didn't fixed...I guess they don't listen to the community anymore since AC2 came out... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

My idea is, don't make it like games like GTA 4 or L.A. Noire where the character takes each stair step by step, taking a lot of time to go up or down, especially when you're in a chase, but make it more like the Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time Trilogy, where the character just folds his legs depending on the surface he's on, while still not reducing the speed they're going with - this will make it look better, without changing the current gameplay, and its not that hard to do... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
That might work.
What up with the bold text btw?

Chamboozer
08-02-2011, 03:21 PM
Why not make stairs slow you down slightly? It would be more realistic and would add another interesting element to chase scenes.

SixKeys
08-02-2011, 05:28 PM
If parkouring around rooftops doesn't slow Ezio down, why should a flight of stairs? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

I have an art book from AC1 and there the developers mention that originally they had planned an animation for Alta´r for when he's going downhill. When he was going carefully, he would be moving sort of sideways as you do, if he ran too fast, he would stumble etc. I think they removed it because they wanted to keep the game more fun and keep up the sense of freedom and momentum you got from free-running. If they ever decided to add it back in, or an animation for going up the stairs, I wouldn't mind, but it's really not high on my priority list.

Animuses
08-02-2011, 08:12 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SixKeys:
If parkouring around rooftops doesn't slow Ezio down, why should a flight of stairs? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
This.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by GariStz:
The blood stains are kind of another topic, but the stairs issue, as strange it may sound, is my number one problem, since day one I've ever played this game. And it's not just stairs, its hills, rooftops, or everything else rather than flat ground, the character is just sliding his legs forward, which looks extremely dull and ugly...for a game with such a good animations, ESPECIALLY back then when AC1 came out, this is really a strange issue, that somehow the developers still didn't fixed...I guess they don't listen to the community anymore since AC2 came out... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
OR you can worry about the things that actually should be improved.

Calvarok
08-02-2011, 08:42 PM
I agree about a knee folding animation that doesn't affect movement, but it's not really on my list of things that the game NEEDS.

ttsvi
08-03-2011, 12:05 PM
u r all right guys!!
but this is going to happen in ACR too.. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif