PDA

View Full Version : Logged into someone elses uplay account?

rainman14
04-16-2010, 05:27 PM
Ok so yesterday i went out and bought Splinter cell conviction for xbox 360. Brand new.unopened.

I go to my game and once at the menu i go to the uplay thing.

i look and i notice that i already had 80 uplay points.. Confused. i go to the account opition (in uplay) and it says that my email is "flesh_de@hotmail.com"

When infact its the one i have in my account on here.*The one above is missing hte last 3 letters*

It also says that i have already beaten splinter cell conviction and got points for end game.
WTF

Im just wondering WHY i was logged into someone elses uplay account. and WHAT am i suppose to do?

I tried logging into my ubi account but it keeps saying "that account already exists for safety you cannot login" or some bull like that.

I really dont care much for the uplay points.
The only i DO care about is getting my beta key sent to my email and not some other person.

So what steps do i have to take to fix this and make sure MY beta key gets sent to MY email.

...This is pretty much like someone stealing my money.

rainman14
04-16-2010, 05:27 PM
Ok so yesterday i went out and bought Splinter cell conviction for xbox 360. Brand new.unopened.

I go to my game and once at the menu i go to the uplay thing.

i look and i notice that i already had 80 uplay points.. Confused. i go to the account opition (in uplay) and it says that my email is "flesh_de@hotmail.com"

When infact its the one i have in my account on here.*The one above is missing hte last 3 letters*

It also says that i have already beaten splinter cell conviction and got points for end game.
WTF

Im just wondering WHY i was logged into someone elses uplay account. and WHAT am i suppose to do?

I tried logging into my ubi account but it keeps saying "that account already exists for safety you cannot login" or some bull like that.

I really dont care much for the uplay points.
The only i DO care about is getting my beta key sent to my email and not some other person.

So what steps do i have to take to fix this and make sure MY beta key gets sent to MY email.

...This is pretty much like someone stealing my money.

CantTouchTH111S
04-18-2010, 02:05 AM
I'm having the exact same problem...

smokedizzy42
04-20-2010, 07:36 PM
I also have this problem i added this question to the support, but im probably gonna have to call tech support. I got some dumb answer saying they will post a reply when they fiqure out the solution.
Im not sure when the beta is suppose to come out but i hope they get this fixed befor it does.

Big.Hammy
04-05-2020, 05:21 PM
Yeah I have a similar issue.

Basically, a while back I went to stay at my uncles for a couple week and I ended up logging into my uplay account on his laptop so that I could play Rainbow-six Seige whilst I was bored.

However, since I got back every time I try to play a uplay game i have to open up uplay, sign out of his account and then sign into mine.

Now I don't know if you noticed the major issue here and something that is in my opinion a breach of personal data, but i never signed into his account on my pc, I never even entered his email, username or password, not a single piece of data that could be linked to his account, but now every time i turn on my pc my uplay immediately signs into his account.

But wait because it gets even weirder, after a few month of this happening I ended up getting a new computer (not to solve this) which had a different hard drive and everything, so at this point, when I download uplay I should be able to log into my account and have that as a default account yes? No, instead every time i try to play a uplay game it says that I have to transfer ownership of my game to that account or something.

It's starting to get annoying logging out of his account and back into my account every time especially since im required to use the two step authentication which is only on my old phone. So if i want to play a uplay account, I have to find my old phone, most of the time charge it, log out of someone else's uplay account and then log into mine just to play a game, at first i didn't really care but now im starting to get annoyed especially since something like this shouldnt be possible.

If anyone knows a solution to this I would highly appreciate it.

Ubi-Woofer
04-10-2020, 10:26 AM
Hey Big.Hammy,

First of all, this thread is ten years old, so I do think that your particular issue is not likely to be related.

Regarding the issue you are having, it is not possible for your Uncle's account to be automatically logged in if you / he has never signed into that account on your system. To investigate this further, please open a support case (https://support.ubisoft.com/Cases/New) or start a Live Chat with one of my colleagues (https://support.ubisoft.com/en-GB/Faqs/000025094/). Include as an attachment a screenshot of the contents of the below folder on your PC systems:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\cache\ownership

The "authentication error (https://support.ubisoft.com/en-GB/faqs/34098/Error-message-There-was-a-problem-authenticating-the-ownership-of-this-product-UPC/)" you are experiencing is due to being signed into the incorrect account when attempting to play your game(s). It would perhaps be a good step to check if you have accidentally created a second account of your own, and it is infact a secondary account that you are signing into in error.

Thanks.