PDA

View Full Version : Missing Symbols and Random Signs... *Possible Spoilers*

Syreniya
03-20-2010, 01:16 PM
Ok, I've done a search on this, and nothing found - apologies if someone's already covered it...

I was just playing through for the second time on the PC version, and at the start of the game, I noticed that some of the 'blood symbols' in Abstergo's lab are missing - namely the barcode and the text triangle on the far right from Desmond's room. Anyone have any ideas as to why they were removed? (I'm guessing they got missed when they textured the new room, given that some of the other symbols are a lot clearer than they were in AC1).

Second observation - once you escape Abstergo, some of the signs in the new building are written in Italian - one says 'Sezione, Parcheggio, Mazzino'. Not being an Italian speaker, I did a search for these, and found translations for all but Mazzino - might be nothing, but anyone know what this means? Just seems odd that there's signs in Italian in a building which I'm assuming is in the US (given that Lucy couldn't have driven from the US to Italy http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-tongue.gif )

Syreniya
03-20-2010, 01:16 PM
Ok, I've done a search on this, and nothing found - apologies if someone's already covered it...

I was just playing through for the second time on the PC version, and at the start of the game, I noticed that some of the 'blood symbols' in Abstergo's lab are missing - namely the barcode and the text triangle on the far right from Desmond's room. Anyone have any ideas as to why they were removed? (I'm guessing they got missed when they textured the new room, given that some of the other symbols are a lot clearer than they were in AC1).

Second observation - once you escape Abstergo, some of the signs in the new building are written in Italian - one says 'Sezione, Parcheggio, Mazzino'. Not being an Italian speaker, I did a search for these, and found translations for all but Mazzino - might be nothing, but anyone know what this means? Just seems odd that there's signs in Italian in a building which I'm assuming is in the US (given that Lucy couldn't have driven from the US to Italy http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-tongue.gif )

EzioAssassin51
03-20-2010, 04:08 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Syreniya:

Second observation - once you escape Abstergo, some of the signs in the new building are written in Italian - one says 'Sezione, Parcheggio, Mazzino'. Not being an Italian speaker, I did a search for these, and found translations for all but Mazzino - might be nothing, but anyone know what this means? Just seems odd that there's signs in Italian in a building which I'm assuming is in the US (given that Lucy couldn't have driven from the US to Italy http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-tongue.gif ) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Interesting Post, i might have to check that out.

But on the contrary to your last line. I have a bit of a theory that Abstergo might have been in Asia, therefore having skyscrapers, which is how Lucy could have drive to Italy for an Italian building. Before people start saying
"But she said the cabin is up north"
Might i suggest that maybe it was in a part of Asia where Italy, namely Florence judging by the buildings, was up north!

Cornik22
03-20-2010, 04:24 PM
No, the Abstergo building is somewhere in Italy. The sings in the parking lot are all in italian, and the secret assasin's location is in Florence (with the sings being in italian too, as Syreniya mentioned).

TheDarkKnigg1
03-21-2010, 10:38 PM
Maybe Abstergo is in Rome, that's where the Templar HQ was in AC2. Then the Assassin's HQ could be Mario's house or Ezio's old house.

Aborigine
03-22-2010, 03:27 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by EzioAssassin51:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Syreniya:

Second observation - once you escape Abstergo, some of the signs in the new building are written in Italian - one says 'Sezione, Parcheggio, Mazzino'. Not being an Italian speaker, I did a search for these, and found translations for all but Mazzino - might be nothing, but anyone know what this means? Just seems odd that there's signs in Italian in a building which I'm assuming is in the US (given that Lucy couldn't have driven from the US to Italy http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-tongue.gif ) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Interesting Post, i might have to check that out.

But on the contrary to your last line. I have a bit of a theory that Abstergo might have been in Asia, therefore having skyscrapers, which is how Lucy could have drive to Italy for an Italian building. Before people start saying
"But she said the cabin is up north"
Might i suggest that maybe it was in a part of Asia where Italy, namely Florence judging by the buildings, was up north! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Gee wiz ... Just fyi Asia and Italy doesn't go together in the same sentence since Italy is in Europe xD.

Syreniya
03-22-2010, 05:13 PM
Didn't want to say anything on the Asia/Europe... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

But assuming they're in Italy, 'up north' would imply they're heading for Germany... Seems odd to me though, given that although those signs are in Italian, there are crates with 'Fragile, handle with care' written on them in English (Granted, some of those might be to transport the Animus 2.0, but surely not a whole warehouse full?)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by TheDarkKnigg1:

Maybe Abstergo is in Rome, that's where the Templar HQ was in AC2. Then the Assassin's HQ could be Mario's house or Ezio's old house. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Interesting theory on Ezio/Mario's house, TheDarkKnigg1 - I had wondered about this. The 'carvings' on some of the doors look rather like the one's in the Auditore family home in Florence.

To be honest, at this point, I wouldn't be surprised if we're going to find out that Abstergo are working from the Vatican, given the Templar's hold on the Papacy... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif