PDA

View Full Version : to clear up the entire pre-release thing/release dates

ctannur
11-12-2007, 06:53 PM
if you ordered through an eb games or gamestop, and PRE-ORDERED THE GAME, you will be receiving your copy tomorrow unless there are some sort of unpredicted circumstances. I received an automated call about an hour ago telling me that I could come pick up my copy tomorrow afternoon. Gamestops are getting there copies in tomorrow instead of wednesday or later because their district managers are actually driving to the distribution centers to pickup the games themselves, so they do not have to wait for the shipping time.

Also, tomorrow at around 6-7pm cst I will make a thread to post any interesting things/gameplay/multiplayer and what nots for all you crazy AC fans who will not be getting the game until wednesday or later. so stay tuned!

ctannur
11-12-2007, 06:53 PM
if you ordered through an eb games or gamestop, and PRE-ORDERED THE GAME, you will be receiving your copy tomorrow unless there are some sort of unpredicted circumstances. I received an automated call about an hour ago telling me that I could come pick up my copy tomorrow afternoon. Gamestops are getting there copies in tomorrow instead of wednesday or later because their district managers are actually driving to the distribution centers to pickup the games themselves, so they do not have to wait for the shipping time.

Also, tomorrow at around 6-7pm cst I will make a thread to post any interesting things/gameplay/multiplayer and what nots for all you crazy AC fans who will not be getting the game until wednesday or later. so stay tuned!

nikeair244
11-12-2007, 06:55 PM
hm...? what are we a announcer now....dumb

mroe1227
11-12-2007, 06:58 PM
do you have a problem with flaming people for no reason? i just saw you post something like this on another post for no reason, theyre contributing to the forums, which you, as far as i can tell are not.

Pinjani10
11-12-2007, 07:08 PM
I pre ordered the game and Im in Canada, does this mean I still get it tomorrow (Pre ordered at EB)

dd22cowboys
11-12-2007, 07:12 PM
i may regret not preordering

SJCHS_Ghost
11-12-2007, 07:17 PM
I am so going to regret putting 10 dollars down at Walmart http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

ctannur
11-12-2007, 07:27 PM
no idea why anyone would come on here and flame, speaks for how much of a life you have. I'm just trying to clear things up for some people and give anyone that isn't receiving their game tomorrow a chance to possibly get some details to tie them over for a day or two. The guy at EB told me they would sell out, so I preordered; whether or not he was telling the truth or not.

ctannur
11-12-2007, 07:28 PM
pinjani I would go with whatever they told you when you purchased it.

TweakyChief
11-12-2007, 07:29 PM
yes it comes to canada tomorrow too. when a game gets a US release date it means canada too. they should just call is North America release date. tho canada should get it first as it was made in montreal. silly frogs

avsrule247
11-12-2007, 07:30 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by TweakyChief:
tho canada should get it first as it was made in montreal. silly frogs </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You'd think so...

sightl3ss
11-12-2007, 07:32 PM
i called gamestop 2 times and went to the store twice and all times they said it would arrive on wednesday even if u preorder (i didnt go to the store all those times just to ask about assassins creed, sold some games)

Morvix
11-12-2007, 07:34 PM
Also kind of tired of these threads. The DM are only driving if they want to, they do not have to. If your store is not in the same state as a Gamestop distro warehouse you will not get it tomorrow, period.

That's it guys, it ships tomorrow it will take a day to get to the stores not in the same state and you will have it Weds afternoon/late morning when the UPS guy delivers their shipment. Anyone who does get it on the 13th is the exception not the rule. I have had this game paid off for a number of months at Gamestop, I am also pretty good friends with the manager who originally said the DM may go to Atlanta to pick it up but I asked him two days ago and nobody is going. They will have it the 14th like everyone else, it doesn't matter to me, I used to freak out about release dates, after age 24 or so I just stopped worrying and got used to the Weds releases.

Tuesday is the exception, not the rule.

ctannur
11-12-2007, 07:35 PM
maybe all of the gamestops arent participating for whatever reason so they wont be getting it a day early (tomorrow).

Morvix
11-12-2007, 07:39 PM
There is no participation involved, it is if the District or store manager feels like going to get it (so they can get it a day early and play too) they will go get it. That is great that you have one willing to do the drive, my manager has a dental appointment all day that day so he cannot drive down.

Also if you pre-ordered off the web you can pretty much tell because it would have shipped already if it was to arrive tomorrow. Gamestop ships the pre-orders and store copies from the same warehouses that process the individual orders, so you can see when the actual shipment has gone to the stores when the preorders start getting shipped, which will be tomorrow.

S.I.N.N.
11-12-2007, 07:44 PM
I will kill the next person to make a release date thread!! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/compsmash.gif

burningwaffles
11-12-2007, 08:00 PM
My gamestop is getting November 20th for some strange reason http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif

ctannur
11-12-2007, 08:02 PM
I posted it because of the million people I saw that still didn't understand how it was working. So go waste your time flaming somewhere else, I was just trying to help.

Morvix
11-12-2007, 08:15 PM
Go flame somewhere? You are giving false information and will be part of the reason 100 topics will be up tomorrow saying boycott Gamestop. Just like every other game release, so I figured I would clear it up for you so that at least some people are not disappointed at least.

I am not trying to flame, also informing to hopefully avoid some of the useless posts tomorrow. If you get it tomorrow, awesome! Just remember you are the exception, not the rule.

ctannur
11-12-2007, 09:04 PM
wasnt even referring to you

Tehpwnage
11-12-2007, 10:40 PM
h8 2 say for australians and NZ's.. AC is pushed back till the 21st http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

UnluckyMonk
11-12-2007, 10:43 PM
no its not if we believe maybe the flash can run it over...
well we can hope for freaking miricles cant we?

Royal.Mist
11-12-2007, 10:48 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Tehpwnage:
h8 2 say for australians and NZ's.. AC is pushed back till the 21st http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And where did you hear that?

stix489
11-12-2007, 10:51 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Royal.Mist:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Tehpwnage:
h8 2 say for australians and NZ's.. AC is pushed back till the 21st http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And where did you hear that? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5251069024/m/8541035706

I'm just as pissed as he is... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_mad.gif

Newcomer28
11-12-2007, 10:53 PM
Yes the Flash.... Someone please call the Justice League, we have an emergency. Or a stand by. The Wonder Twins--- Take shape of a 60' and an AC disk !!