PDA

View Full Version : Can IL2 images be used in a book for publication.

Bo_Nidle
02-23-2006, 05:03 PM
I have been approached by a certain Fighter Group Association and asked if I could provide numerous profiles (approx 40)for publication in a forthcoming book about that Fighter Group.The request is based upon the many skins I have done and made available to the community.

I am obviously eager to do this but realise that these images would be taken from "IL2 Fb/Pf" and therefore likely subject to copyright.

The images origins would of course be made clear and as such would provide excellent publicity for this Sim that has taken over a substantial portion of the lives of so many of us in this community.

As causing legal problems for anyone is the last thing I wish could any representative let me know where I stand on this or PM me with instructions as to how to go about discussing this issue further?

Bo_Nidle
02-23-2006, 05:03 PM
I have been approached by a certain Fighter Group Association and asked if I could provide numerous profiles (approx 40)for publication in a forthcoming book about that Fighter Group.The request is based upon the many skins I have done and made available to the community.

I am obviously eager to do this but realise that these images would be taken from "IL2 Fb/Pf" and therefore likely subject to copyright.

The images origins would of course be made clear and as such would provide excellent publicity for this Sim that has taken over a substantial portion of the lives of so many of us in this community.

As causing legal problems for anyone is the last thing I wish could any representative let me know where I stand on this or PM me with instructions as to how to go about discussing this issue further?

DaimonSyrius
02-23-2006, 05:22 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bo_Nidle:
As causing legal problems for anyone is the last thing I wish could any representative let me know where I stand on this or PM me with instructions as to how to go about discussing this issue further? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi BoNidle
Wouldn't email be the best (possibly quicker, too) channel to check that? pf@1c.ru
Just guessing

You do great skins IMO, I have some beautiful P-47 and P-51 jobs from your factory, thanks for them http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

Cheers,
S.

Bearcat99
02-23-2006, 11:28 PM
By all means let me know when you do get an answer.

Bo_Nidle
02-24-2006, 03:37 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DaimonSyrius:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bo_Nidle:
As causing legal problems for anyone is the last thing I wish could any representative let me know where I stand on this or PM me with instructions as to how to go about discussing this issue further? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi BoNidle
Wouldn't email be the best (possibly quicker, too) channel to check that? pf@1c.ru
Just guessing

You do great skins IMO, I have some beautiful P-47 and P-51 jobs from your factory, thanks for them http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

Cheers,
S. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks for the e-mail address mate. That was what I couldn't figure out.

JunkoIfurita
02-25-2006, 09:04 PM
By all means, it's likely that images are able to be used as most copyrighted material...

That is, on permission from the copyright owner, on a case by case basis.

This means, should Bo_Nidle receive the 'OK' from Oleg to use a set of images in his book (no doubt with a tagline...images from the IL-2 FB Simulation by Maddox Games), this doesn't automatically open the floodgate for anyone else to use the images where they wish.

Each person would have to seek permission every time...

Bo_Nidle
02-26-2006, 07:20 PM
just a quick word to clear up a point.It is not my book.It is being written by the families of Pilots in the Fighter Group in question. I have been asked by them to supply the illustrations on the basis of my skins.

DaimonSyrius
02-26-2006, 07:29 PM
If I were the holder of the copyright, I'd be more than happy to have aircraft images published, with a small print note reading "Aircraft models from 1C:Maddox's IL2-FB-PF" and another one in larger print reading "Aircraft paint jobs by Bo_Nidle" http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Cheers http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif
S.