PDA

View Full Version : zig zagging

con20or
08-07-2005, 11:27 AM
i was just chasing two merchants,in the middle of the ocean,with the sun directly behind me but high in the sky. I was sure there was no way they could see me.io could only barely see the top half of the ships,but for some reason they started zig zagging like they do after they spot u.

what do all of you do then?im nowhere near getting into a firing position,so dunno what to do.i wouldnt even bother using a torpedoe in this case,as my aim isnt great even with them sailing a straight course..

con20or
08-07-2005, 11:27 AM
i was just chasing two merchants,in the middle of the ocean,with the sun directly behind me but high in the sky. I was sure there was no way they could see me.io could only barely see the top half of the ships,but for some reason they started zig zagging like they do after they spot u.

what do all of you do then?im nowhere near getting into a firing position,so dunno what to do.i wouldnt even bother using a torpedoe in this case,as my aim isnt great even with them sailing a straight course..

Kaiser_W
08-07-2005, 11:48 AM
If you can, overtake them and at close range fire a torpedo into his broadside when he's near straight. Therew on't be enough time or room to dodge.

con20or
08-07-2005, 11:52 AM
yeh,thats what i usually do,but was a bit ashamed to say it,it sounded like cheating. plus if their armed u cant do that.had a quick peek with the external camera and they arent.a coastal merchant and a t2 or t3(whichever the smallest one is).

easy money.

Kaiser_W
08-07-2005, 02:48 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by con20or:
yeh,thats what i usually do,but was a bit ashamed to say it,it sounded like cheating. plus if their armed u cant do that.had a quick peek with the external camera and they arent.a coastal merchant and a t2 or t3(whichever the smallest one is).

easy money. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's not cheating it it's in the parameters of the game. Cheating would be a mod that strips ships of armament. They may be armed, but bouncing around in rough seas makes the U bot a small target...