PDA

View Full Version : surfaced but I have no lookouts on deck

jldjs
07-12-2010, 02:55 PM
Playing TMO 2.0. using F4 screen view I panned around but there was no lookout figures showing. Went to F7 Crew view and the top horizontal bar for the deck crew is not full, but crew members appear okay. Is there a command to get the lookouts up to their posts?

jldjs
07-12-2010, 02:55 PM
Playing TMO 2.0. using F4 screen view I panned around but there was no lookout figures showing. Went to F7 Crew view and the top horizontal bar for the deck crew is not full, but crew members appear okay. Is there a command to get the lookouts up to their posts?

Yooperbacker
07-12-2010, 05:06 PM
jldjs have you gone to the binocular view and be on deck and see if you can see the look outs?

cmdrmoosicvs
07-12-2010, 05:15 PM
JlDJS , Hi, Sometimes in rough seas the deckwatch will appear and disappear because of the depth, even when surfaced your boat will change depth due to wave action. Hope that is what your experiancing, otherwise I have'nt a clue. I know f4 brings you to the bridge so unless your zoomed as if looking through your binos you should see deckwatch. Happy hunting!! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

jldjs
07-13-2010, 06:21 AM
This only happened twice on my current patrol. I was panning around from the bridge but the lookouts were not there, nor was my "companion" on the bridge. No issue for me with that, but I was surprised to see that the deck watch from the Crew Management (F7) was "not on duty", top horizontal bar was empty. Just asking if others have seen this and maybe there was something I could do to get them on deck watch. Since I rely on radar I don't think I was at risk while on the surface.

WernherVonTrapp
07-13-2010, 05:43 PM
You didn't by any chance, surface recently, did you? Also, make sure they're not manning the deck gun or left in damage control slots. If you just surfaced, try restarting the game and that might fix it.

jldjs
07-13-2010, 06:28 PM
My deck crew shows 0% efficiency. When I move some
crew from Hogan Alley the efficiency goes
up to 75% but soon drops again. I've surfaced
many times on this patrol and my deck crew
doesn't show anymore. Why would their
efficiency drop to zero?

Ragincajin336
07-13-2010, 07:03 PM
Like Moose said in their post, if you are in rough waters and keep taking numerous waves over the sail, the deck watch will secure itself and re-station pretty much constantly, it gets really frustrating when you are trying to gun down a small merchant with the deck guns and you keep getting booted back into control because you take a wave over the deck gun....c'mon we are bubble heads, not surface pukes, strap in and ride it out.

cmdrmoosicvs
07-13-2010, 07:05 PM
Again, I'm right now in seas that when surface are so rough that water comes over my bridge at times. I know if I had my deck gun crew manning the gun they would disappear and reappear as the waves subsided along with my deck watch. If your in really heavy seas this is normal.

jldjs
07-14-2010, 12:23 PM
I restarted game and deck watch crew returned. Maybe something
to do with my saved game

tenakakhan_1981
07-14-2010, 04:57 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jldjs:
I restarted game and deck watch crew returned. Maybe something
to do with my saved game </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

EDIT: Hehe, sorry about this. I answered your question before you posted your last response. Glad the problem resolved itself!

Wasatch.
07-14-2010, 06:31 PM
Sounds like the CO2 bug.

Avoid alt tabbing while playing.

jldjs
07-15-2010, 06:04 AM
Ah, I am "guilty" of doing that! Thanks for replying, and again, thank you for providing us with a great mod.

tenakakhan_1981
07-15-2010, 06:27 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ducimus_Rapax:

Avoid alt tabbing while playing. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ducimus, out of curiosity, is there an environment in SH4 under which it's safe to alt-tab? Such as with the Esc menu screen up, etc? I know alt-tab is the cause of a number of errors, but I just can't help it, I'm usually doing other things as I play! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

mcostello70
07-15-2010, 08:46 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jldjs:
Playing TMO 2.0. using F4 screen view I panned around but there was no lookout figures showing. Went to F7 Crew view and the top horizontal bar for the deck crew is not full, but crew members appear okay. Is there a command to get the lookouts up to their posts? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
One time I surfaced and had no look-outs. Calm seas. Just me on the bridge. i was returning to base after a very successful patrol. So I stayed surfaced. Guess what? Even while running surfaced the Oxygen level dropped to ZERO the CO2 jumped to 100% and my mission ended! My Boat was dead on the surface. Has anybody else have this happen? Maybe I was the only one to not eat the bad tuna salad!LOL Restarting using my last save solved this surprise.