PDA

View Full Version : Something really weird that happend to me..

AloNkap
03-29-2005, 07:43 AM
In my 5th patrol, I saw a c3 cargo ship and it was night and stormy, I start to follow after her and when I was in 800m I launched a torpedo in fast speed, I saw in the event camera that the torpedo is heading straight to the ship's propellers, the torpedo hit the ship and started to MOVE IN IT..
then after couple secs it exploded, I was informed that the torpedo missed.. and from the periscope I saw that the ship is blazing, I wait a few moments and saw that the ship isn't sinking so I launched another torpedo, The same happend here only that the torpedo has "got out" of the ship and continued to move away from the ship.. again torpedo missed.. I launched the 3rd torpedo and finally it went straight to the ship and killed it..

after the ship sank I was moving away and continue in my course and was like "wtf just happend..?"..

But I enjoy this game, it really gives the feeling of being there, cheers.

quillan
03-29-2005, 07:51 AM
My weapons officer tells me "Torpedo missed" all the time. It seems he is only looking for a physical impact, not a detonation in the right place. I'll fire off a shot at a T3 tanker, set for magnetic detonation about 1 meter below the keel, and it will go off in the right place. I hear "Torpedo missed" from the weapons officer, followed immediately by the tanker exploding, and "Enemy unit destroyed" from the navigator. I think weps needs a little more training. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif