PDA

View Full Version : Is it possible to play IP to IP w/o using UBI.COM?

StellarRat
04-12-2005, 01:40 PM
Is it possible to make a direct connection to another player's machine across the Internet to play multiplayer? Or do you always have to go through UBI? I was thinking I could use a VPN if necessary, but that seems like an awful lot of work. I haven't seen any place where you can enter the IP address of another PC.

AndyDigital80
04-12-2005, 02:49 PM
www.hamachi.cc (http://www.hamachi.cc)

StellarRat
04-14-2005, 11:43 AM
I tried Hamachi last night. Works great. Had to put server on DMZ and restart teamspeak server then connect with the Hamachi address, but after that everything was cool. This will be very useful for other LAN games too. Goodbye UBI.COM!

Dragendorf
04-18-2005, 05:46 PM
Here Here!

My friend recently bought SH3 and was having difficulty with the game, so I said, see you online and I'll try to help... No joy! Both of us have several machines running on a home Network, therefore we're behind NAT servers. Tried to use Ubi.com and for some reason we could not get a ping or connect.

Looking at the Readme, it appears that if you are behind a NAT server, only computers on the same NAT can connect, so neither of us could serve with the other joiing. Thanks Ubi.

Trying the above mentioned software and wham, 4 successful hunts online using the false LAN!

Awesome! Thanks StellarRat for the link!

Dragendorf
04-18-2005, 05:50 PM
Whoops, apologises Andydigital1970!

Thanks for the Link Andy!