PDA

View Full Version : I was wondering if someone had the time and resources ...

I_ZG52_Gaga
02-26-2005, 11:38 AM
During my search for IZG52 i stumbled on this tread about the 2+ AL. I was wondering if someone had the time and resources to enlighten me on the brief history of I/ZG52.
I have found scattered data over the internet and photos as well!
The thing is that this data is more like trails rather than the squad's history. I know for example that it was one of the last squads that got armed with the early type of BF110. It didn't make it for the invasion in Finland because it was still in training but took part in the Dunkirk incident and generally during the war in France. I think it was then moved to Finland
(Fliegerkorps V) until it was disbanded. Some members like Hptm Karl-Heinz Lessmann (it's c.o.) joined II/ZG2 and some other like Wolfgang Falck became Gruppenkommandeur of NJG1 (not very sure about this one conflicting data). Anybody has any more info? The reason i'm asking is because it's been quite a while that i've formed a Virtual squadron for IL2 (an excellent flight simulator by Olleg Madox) named I/%%WORD140%R and i would like to gather as much data as possible for this issue. Here the link of the squad'd web page to check out what i got so far! : www.thelab-productions.gr/I_ZG52/ (http://www.thelab-productions.gr/I_ZG52/)

Thanks in advance for your time to even go through this :-)
Cheers!!

I_ZG52_Gaga
02-26-2005, 11:38 AM
During my search for IZG52 i stumbled on this tread about the 2+ AL. I was wondering if someone had the time and resources to enlighten me on the brief history of I/ZG52.
I have found scattered data over the internet and photos as well!
The thing is that this data is more like trails rather than the squad's history. I know for example that it was one of the last squads that got armed with the early type of BF110. It didn't make it for the invasion in Finland because it was still in training but took part in the Dunkirk incident and generally during the war in France. I think it was then moved to Finland
(Fliegerkorps V) until it was disbanded. Some members like Hptm Karl-Heinz Lessmann (it's c.o.) joined II/ZG2 and some other like Wolfgang Falck became Gruppenkommandeur of NJG1 (not very sure about this one conflicting data). Anybody has any more info? The reason i'm asking is because it's been quite a while that i've formed a Virtual squadron for IL2 (an excellent flight simulator by Olleg Madox) named I/%%WORD140%R and i would like to gather as much data as possible for this issue. Here the link of the squad'd web page to check out what i got so far! : www.thelab-productions.gr/I_ZG52/ (http://www.thelab-productions.gr/I_ZG52/)

Thanks in advance for your time to even go through this :-)
Cheers!!