PDA

View Full Version : Loading Forgotten Battles then Pacific Fighters

P249
03-20-2006, 08:35 AM
Just tried to load FB on my laptop using XP. When I eject disc 1 in order to continue loading with disc 2, windows tells me that there is no disc in the drive and won't let me continue. On placing disc 2 in the drive, windows tells me that I should put "volume 1" in the drive instead, but I've just loaded that.
Loads ok on my desktop, also using XP.
Any ideas anyone please?

P249
03-20-2006, 08:35 AM
Just tried to load FB on my laptop using XP. When I eject disc 1 in order to continue loading with disc 2, windows tells me that there is no disc in the drive and won't let me continue. On placing disc 2 in the drive, windows tells me that I should put "volume 1" in the drive instead, but I've just loaded that.
Any ideas anyone please?

JG53Frankyboy
03-20-2006, 08:40 AM
Edit: .... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-mad.gif ....

Skycat_2
03-20-2006, 12:32 PM
I don't want to come off as daft, but the thread title is:
"Loading Forgotten Battles then Pacific Fighters"

You established that disc #1 is Forgotten Battles. Is disc #2 also from Forgotten Battles? I hope you're not putting in Pacific Fighters disc #2 after FB's disc #1.

tigertalon
03-20-2006, 12:42 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by P249:
Any ideas anyone please? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I had exactly the same problem, it is a really stupid bug. What I did is simply click OK without changing discs when first message appears, then change discs and ignore all subsequent requests by windows, as, if you observe carefuly, loading resumes http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif. At the end PF will install correctly, the little window will still stubbornly be asking for disc #1, lol.

Troll2k
03-22-2006, 05:01 PM
I assume you also have AEP as PF can only be merged with FB+AEP.

You probably have a dvd/cd drive in the laptop.The copy protection on FB(and AEP and PF) does not work well with some dvd drives.

hooch330
03-25-2006, 11:41 AM
how do iplay pacific fighters online?when i press multiplayer nothing happens

Skycat_2
03-25-2006, 01:12 PM
After you launch Multiplayer there are options including "Play it on UbiCom." If you decide to use UbiCom's free server, select that. You're game will seem to close out and the Ubi Com server interface will pop up. From there you may have to log onto UbiCom if you've never used it. If you're lucky there will be dogfighting and maybe coop rooms open for your version of the game that you can join.

My word of advice is to fully patch to the most current version of whatever version of the game you have; there won't be any rooms available for PF v3.0 for example. They are always geared to the most current version. You'll have the most luck with PF_4.04m but if you don't have FB+AEP+PF you might find some rooms with two or three players in them for FB v2.04 or PF (standalone) v4.04.

I've never played on hyperlobby or any private servers so I can't comment on that.