PDA

View Full Version : Are all the bugs fixed? (i.e. AI crashing into mountains)

marhkimov
04-23-2005, 11:09 PM
To make it short, I really want to buy PF for the single player campaigns, but most site reviews of PF say that the AI will occationally fly you into mountains or the ocean. Sounds like a horrible bug, and it is one that will keep me from purchasing this game. Along with any other bugs that PF may have, are most of them already fixed in available patches? If not, will they be fixed in the next patch?

Thanks, Marhkimov.

Fennec_P
04-23-2005, 11:43 PM
I doubt it. These things have been around since IL-2 1.0 and, though the behavior has changed slightly, the AI still does these things. Besides, those aren't the worst of the AI idiocies. They can't lead shots, they will often crash at low altitude, even on perfectly level terrain, they do bizarre manuevers that are impossible in the player-flown counterpart; the list goes on.

But it's not like the AI of any other game is better. Single player AI has always sucked, for all flight sims. Really only good for target practice, until such time you go online and play against real people.

That said, PF as a whole is head and shoulders above any other WWII sim. I personally can't enjoy single player (in this game, or any other for that matter), but a lot of other people do.

LEXX_Luthor
04-24-2005, 03:32 AM
As I understand, the PF Problem was the out of box campaign missions that were having trouble with the mountains in some PF maps. I believe these campaign missions were fixed in a Patch and work well now. Also available are great 3rd Party campaigns and missions that work well. I never tried any FB/PF campaigns so I dunno. However, I am Ace Offline Mission Sculptor and it is easy to make deep FB/PF missions in mountain areas that work well. It takes some knowledge of AI behavior and time to test to discover their behavior since its never documented.