PDA

View Full Version : Questions about the upcoming "BoB"

Spartan_GR
03-07-2005, 02:43 PM
Ive seen a few pics from the work in progress of the sim ... of course, they look incredible ( especially one photo i saw with the internal structure of a Hurricane ), and i must say that i am impressed. Anyway, anyone has any idea about how much time do we need to wait for this sim to come? And also what is known about it? i mean, what improvements over il-2FB & PF will have ( other than the graphics of course ).

I already know that the aircrafts will have their internal structures modeled, so damage will be applied more accurately, but the article i read didnt said anything else.

Spartan_GR
03-07-2005, 02:43 PM
Ive seen a few pics from the work in progress of the sim ... of course, they look incredible ( especially one photo i saw with the internal structure of a Hurricane ), and i must say that i am impressed. Anyway, anyone has any idea about how much time do we need to wait for this sim to come? And also what is known about it? i mean, what improvements over il-2FB & PF will have ( other than the graphics of course ).

I already know that the aircrafts will have their internal structures modeled, so damage will be applied more accurately, but the article i read didnt said anything else.

Chuck_Older
03-07-2005, 03:13 PM
More accurate modelling in general, not just graphics

Less flyable aircraft (to start with) die to more accurate modelling mentioned above

Dual offline campaign proposed: One branch is historical; The germans do not invade. The other is dynamic in the sense that Germany can invade-or not-due to the player's actions, I believe this also entails strategic options

BoB will be added on to in a manner similar to FB (do not misunderstand and think that means BoB will be compatible with FB or PF- it won't be)

Damage will 'carry over' in aircraft. For example, your Bf 109 gets wing damage in one mission. In subsequent missions that wing may have structural fatigue due to that past damage (But 109s had wings that were kinda easy to replace...)

Dynamic weather? It has been hinted at...and is a MUST in most FB players' opinion

Radar- should be in, it's important after all

Nightfighting? Maybe, maybe not...we are hoping, it also should be important, especially if you want to Blitz London (who doesn't really? London is calling...)

if the Search function here worked, I could tell you more, but it doesn't...

if you stop to consider it...the Battle of Britain is the archetype of WWII air battles. Completely fought in the air, two great airforces struggle to decide basically the fate of the free world.

That is going to be a great sim