PDA

View Full Version : Pacific fighters....lack of!

Clannsman
10-17-2007, 01:46 PM
After a long break from IL2,i decided to buy 1946 when it was released some months ago.

Mostly playing the RAAF and RNF i've been quite enjoying myself until BoB arrives.But i decided to revert back to some of the old IL2 campaign's and play the russians/Germans and have noticed a difference between the two!

1.Are the graphics of better quality in PF than IL2? it seems so.

2.There does'nt seem to be any adverse weather conditions in PF like rain etc.

3.Despite having large battles and random flights coded in,there never seems to be more than 2-4 fighters against you in PF along with a large amount of bombers.In IL2 i regulary come against 10+ enemy fighters???

Clannsman
10-17-2007, 01:46 PM
After a long break from IL2,i decided to buy 1946 when it was released some months ago.

Mostly playing the RAAF and RNF i've been quite enjoying myself until BoB arrives.But i decided to revert back to some of the old IL2 campaign's and play the russians/Germans and have noticed a difference between the two!

1.Are the graphics of better quality in PF than IL2? it seems so.

2.There does'nt seem to be any adverse weather conditions in PF like rain etc.

3.Despite having large battles and random flights coded in,there never seems to be more than 2-4 fighters against you in PF along with a large amount of bombers.In IL2 i regulary come against 10+ enemy fighters???

Bearcat99
10-17-2007, 02:01 PM
PF is in 46...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">1.Are the graphics of better quality in PF than IL2? it seems so. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Yes..
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">2.There does'nt seem to be any adverse weather conditions in PF like rain etc. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
All the weather conditions from IL2 are in 46... It is not dynamic though... However the weather is when you start is how it stays through out the mission. BoB will have dynamic weather.
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">3.Despite having large battles and random flights coded in,there never seems to be more than 2-4 fighters against you in PF along with a large amount of bombers.In IL2 i regulary come against 10+ enemy fighters??? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Go to M4T in my sig and download some missions, campaigns etc...

Also hit the Nugget's Guide in my sig and scroll down to tyhe part with a short utility list... download Mission Mate & The UQMG.. they will help you to make more diverse quicks...

XyZspineZyX
10-17-2007, 02:51 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Clannsman:

1.Are the graphics of better quality in PF than IL2? it seems so. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yes, and no. Some skins in the original sim, and in FB, are of lower resolution than in PF Some later cockpits for example take advantage of things (poly count) that early cockpits simply couldn't

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Clannsman:

2.There does'nt seem to be any adverse weather conditions in PF like rain etc. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You are confusing me here. You say you had Il2, then you got 1946. Now you're talking about PF. In any case, all available weather conditions that the sim supports are in 1946

3.Despite having large battles and random flights coded in,there never seems to be more than 2-4 fighters against you in PF along with a large amount of bombers.In IL2 i regulary come against 10+ enemy fighters??? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Please see the documentation with the sim concerning the density of aircraft and how to adjust it

joeap
10-18-2007, 03:02 AM
I don't get one thing, with Il-46 you get the whole package. You can play on any theatre covered by the whole series...and most of the content can be used in different theatres. If you want to play on the Eastern Front you can and you get a lot of stuff even from Pacific Fighters or the later addons you would not get with just FB or the original. Heck the Norway, Kiev and Italy Online maps are worth it alone so this "I don't like this theatre so don't want this patch or addon" doesn't make sense to me.

Heck I'm not sure if I got it with a patch or Il-46 but I have the original Il-2 static campaigns, the German fighter and Russian fighter and sturmo campaigns as well as the single missions and it's better in most ways than the original.

Plus flying as a Lufty, it's fun to shoot down B-17Es and Fs as well as the ubiquitos Gs for example.

Clannsman
10-19-2007, 02:13 PM
Thanks for your help chaps!