PDA

View Full Version : OK...Intertesting Pe-2 Download...Boonty's Gone?

GSNei
05-03-2006, 01:50 PM
So... Armed with all the info being posted here lately, and WTE_Tiggers' "illustrated install guide", I thought OK - what the heck. I go to Ubi UK, make my purchase etc. Everythings cool until I open the Bootny download and it's in French. If there was a language box previous to this I missed it. It's downloading - I see a preferences box, check English, nothing changes. So now I have no way to uncheck any auto install stuff as recommended. It does it's thing, I get to the part where I enter the million digit unlock code, no joy. I dump the Pe-2 Icon and use the old FB icon that was backed up (good call there!) everythings great!
Now, the thing is , when I closed all the Boonty windows it went away. The Program Files/Boonty folders went away, there's no box for it in msconfig, and I found nothing in the registry where I've seen it's supposed to be.
The original Boonty download exe. is still there and the Pe-2 file is in a folder by itself called "Mes Jeux Telecharges", all menus in French. So as far as I can tell Boontybox is not running on my system in the backround.

GSNei
05-03-2006, 01:50 PM
So... Armed with all the info being posted here lately, and WTE_Tiggers' "illustrated install guide", I thought OK - what the heck. I go to Ubi UK, make my purchase etc. Everythings cool until I open the Bootny download and it's in French. If there was a language box previous to this I missed it. It's downloading - I see a preferences box, check English, nothing changes. So now I have no way to uncheck any auto install stuff as recommended. It does it's thing, I get to the part where I enter the million digit unlock code, no joy. I dump the Pe-2 Icon and use the old FB icon that was backed up (good call there!) everythings great!
Now, the thing is , when I closed all the Boonty windows it went away. The Program Files/Boonty folders went away, there's no box for it in msconfig, and I found nothing in the registry where I've seen it's supposed to be.
The original Boonty download exe. is still there and the Pe-2 file is in a folder by itself called "Mes Jeux Telecharges", all menus in French. So as far as I can tell Boontybox is not running on my system in the backround.

1.JaVA_Hornet
05-03-2006, 03:23 PM
on your C part you must have a boonty map
and a tele....map where the pe2setup is.

GSNei
05-03-2006, 03:56 PM
You got me... understand that once I opened the Boonty download the whole process was taking place in a language I did't understand. If I told it to uninstall itself after download it was an accident. What I don't have are any Boonty icons, boonty folders, It's not in Add Remove programs, in regedit there's nothing under .../Shared tools/MSconfig/startupfolder/ and there's nothing in the msconfig utiliy startup screen with any boxes labled boontybox to check or uncheck. If it is running in the backround it doesn't seem to be detectable in the places I've looked.

rosaenrico
05-03-2006, 04:29 PM
Hi,
an even stranger thing happened to me: I never typed the key-code (it didn't asked for) but the add-on run perfectly!

Briefly, today (3 May) I purchased and downloaded the Pe-2 by means of BB but configured BB to not install the add-on. I subsequently run the Pe-2 exe, it never asked for a key-code, and the planes were there!

To make things clear: i can demonstrate that my copy has been purchased by me and I do have the key code; simply, it never asked for.
Bye

Aeronautico
05-03-2006, 04:40 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">an even stranger thing happened to me: I never typed the key-code (it didn't asked for) but the add-on run perfectly! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Same here. I thought it had to do with the fact that I installed it in a fake folder, copied the needed files and then uninstalled Pe-2 and BoontyBox from the Control Panel before patching FB up and playing...

rosaenrico
05-03-2006, 04:49 PM
Me too installed Pe-2 in a fake folder, then I simply copy/paste only the necessary files (i. e. not the "fenetre", il2.exe, ecc.) in the actual game folder. I didn't uninstall anything, since the BB program is in my brother's computer (he has ADSL connection).
Bye

Airmail109
05-03-2006, 04:50 PM
Bwooooooooooooooooooooop bwooop bwwooooooop bwooooooooooop

GSNei
05-03-2006, 06:39 PM
I wonder if some changes have been made to the Boontybox program since the UBI people have been back to work.

Lavocskij
05-19-2006, 09:28 AM
Whats more guys, I bought a game pack (FB+AEP+PF+Pe-2), and the same French suucking is killing me. I cant even restore 4.04 as I do not have a previous version. How is that possible that a company like this does not give a dmn on paying customers, this thingy cost me 25 GBP (~ 50 USD) http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

DmdSeeker
05-19-2006, 01:29 PM
Interesting!

If boonty's gone; I might buy it!

Prop_Strike
05-21-2006, 05:39 AM
If you install the game and replace the IL2.exe and IL2FB.exe files with the ones from 4.04m before running it, it doesn't ask for the keycode.
At least that's what I read somewhere.

Lavocskij
05-21-2006, 10:18 AM
Once the game is working, and you had unistalled Boonty, Do the following. Launch IL2, Alt-Tab and run task manager. A boonty.exe will show up there any time you run the game. Its installed as a windows service, you can chek it in the control panel/services. I'm not sure although if I can delete it (Program Files/Common Files/Boonty Shared/service/boonty.exe) and the game will still work, as I must use the 4.05m version of il2.exe and il2fb.exe . Others wrote in other posts that it will recreate the service as it is kicked off from the il2 executables.

RevvinUK
05-21-2006, 11:44 AM
I would'nt count on seeing Boonty Box dissapear any time soon, I spoke to one of their staff members at E3 when he was playing IL-2 at the CH Products booth and he said they have a contract to digitally deliver all three of the add-ons.