PDA

View Full Version : what is difference between "team play" and "coop"?

Oilburner_TAW
01-02-2005, 03:21 PM
I thought teamplay was for squadron v squadron (akin to a "clan match") but I saw some missions with people from a bunch of different squadrons in there so I'm confused..

**edit** I'm talking about HyperLobby rooms

thanks

Scythe55
01-02-2005, 05:24 PM
Teamplay is blue vs red. Co-op in my mind is people vs computer. I could be mistaking what you are asking.

Oilburner_TAW
01-02-2005, 06:35 PM
no, that sounds right except almost all of the coop games are blue vs red so that's where I'm getting confused.

jenikovtaw
01-02-2005, 06:59 PM
Dogfight is your "Team deathmatch" with ground objectives and pilot/plane kill objectives. Users can join any time.....there are no distinct 'rounds', map changes upon completion of objectives.

Coop needs all players up front, and when started, nobody can join. Unlike Dogfight, here you can build and complete very elaborate missions, and this type of gameplay is mostly used in online wars.

Oilburner_TAW
01-02-2005, 07:59 PM
sorry i screwed up my post (left something out)...I'm talking about in HyperLobby.

Tully__
01-02-2005, 08:07 PM
The Hyperlobby "Team Play" room is for launching "invitation only" coop missions, the "Coop" room is for launching open (all comers welcome) coop missions. When the coop room is busy you'll sometimes see hosts launching open missions in the team room, but it's always good form to ask before joining a mission setting up there.

You'll also often see apparently mixed matches launching from the team play room, but more often than not there are invitations going on voice comms or by pager (private message) inviting players known to the host to join.

While Hyperlobby will launch coop mode missions from both rooms, the last time I tested the host could change it to DF mode before loading the actual mission, however if the host does this it wont be listed as a DF server in HL's main DF list.