PDA

View Full Version : First Time Running "Complex Engine Management"...

Treetop64
04-24-2006, 03:59 AM
...Ever.

You would think that after, what, a hundered years of playing this sim, I would have tried that by now. Especially since I fly "Full Real" so to speak, and run full checklists and flight tables in FS9. I was just too chicken to try it in PFm, though.

Apparently, for good reason...

After taking off in a Bf-109E4, I set the prop to "11:30", and since the mixture is automatic in this machine I though I was good to go. All I had to do was watch the temps and adjust the throttle and radiator flaps accordingly...

During a shallow dive, however, the RPMs began to skyrocket, but I didn't check the throttle, and the engine overheated and seized in just mere seconds! I had no idea you could kill an engine so fast in this sim! Ha! Great stuff!! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

My experiences were much more productive in the Wildcat dash-3 in that campaign, however. Though you have more to tinker with in that cockpit than in the Messerschmit's, the engine was much more manageble, and I was able to maintain peak performance throuout the altitude and performance envelope.

I had no idea "Complex Engine Management" would be so much fun! Now I'm hooked.

Gotta work on that 109, though!!

Anyone got any oprating tables and checklists for the planes?

Treetop64
04-24-2006, 03:59 AM
...Ever.

You would think that after, what, a hundered years of playing this sim, I would have tried that by now. Especially since I fly "Full Real" so to speak, and run full checklists and flight tables in FS9. I was just too chicken to try it in PFm, though.

Apparently, for good reason...

After taking off in a Bf-109E4, I set the prop to "11:30", and since the mixture is automatic in this machine I though I was good to go. All I had to do was watch the temps and adjust the throttle and radiator flaps accordingly...

During a shallow dive, however, the RPMs began to skyrocket, but I didn't check the throttle, and the engine overheated and seized in just mere seconds! I had no idea you could kill an engine so fast in this sim! Ha! Great stuff!! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

My experiences were much more productive in the Wildcat dash-3 in that campaign, however. Though you have more to tinker with in that cockpit than in the Messerschmit's, the engine was much more manageble, and I was able to maintain peak performance throuout the altitude and performance envelope.

I had no idea "Complex Engine Management" would be so much fun! Now I'm hooked.

Gotta work on that 109, though!!

Anyone got any oprating tables and checklists for the planes?

carguy_
04-24-2006, 04:10 AM
Recent manual prop pitch changes in the 109 really made it unusable.Hardly able to be used during quick speed changes.In dives never use manual.

JG53Frankyboy
04-24-2006, 04:19 AM
simple, stay on the automatik mode in the 109s......