PDA

View Full Version : trackir3 pro work in very light conditions

TIBUSH
03-07-2005, 09:30 AM
I'm interested in purchasing trackir 3 pro.
But the room where I've got my sistem has windows in every wall, so it is very very clear. Direct sunlight on the wall behind me, or the wall at the right...it depends on the hour of the day.
I can't do anything to change it (orders from my wife...).
Will trackir3pro work well in these conditions?
Anyone the same experience?
Thank you for your help.

Chivas
03-07-2005, 10:30 AM
Yes, the sensitivity to light can be adjusted.

Drunken_Moose
03-07-2005, 12:49 PM
Oh, and what's up with glasses? Can you wear them while TrackIRing?

vonPletz
03-07-2005, 08:31 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Drunken_Moose:
Oh, and what's up with glasses? Can you wear them while TrackIRing? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I do and I have had no problems.I have a TIR3pro.

Spectre-63
03-07-2005, 10:55 PM
I only had a minor problem with the TrackIR2 with occasional reflections from my glasses - the TrackIR3 (and the newer software) allow for adjusting the sensitivity. That way you can prevent those reflections from even being registered.

TrackIR, without a doubt, is the best investment in immersion that I've ever made. Worth every penny!

lucas_valentine
03-08-2005, 04:09 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Drunken_Moose:
Oh, and what's up with glasses? Can you wear them while TrackIRing? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

When I first got TrackIR last year my glasses caused an amazing amount of trouble - TrackIR was foreever picking them up as if they were the track dot! The problem is sorted out by increasing the object size and incresing light filtering...but this causes its own problems! Since I've had the Vector Expansion and a Track Hat, all the problems associated with my glasses have gone, probably because of how the Vector expansion works and also because there is now a hat brim between the receiver and my glasses!

womenfly
03-08-2005, 02:23 PM
<span class="ev_code_PINK">Move your computer ..... </span>http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif

No really .... adjust the light sensitivity that will do it.
BTW: TrackIR3 Pro with VE was the best decision I made .... wish I could say that about my X! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

Tully__
03-08-2005, 09:12 PM
In really extreme conditions you can replace the reflective dots with active high intensity IR LED's. This gives a great deal more contrast between the "dots" and incidental ambient light. Any moderately competent electronics hobbyist should be able to wire up some LED's for you in a few minutes.

panthercules
03-08-2005, 10:18 PM
Yeah - as I indicated in basically this same thread over in the general discussion forum, I made a hat with an active LED and it works great in bright light conditions - and costs less than buying a Track Hat from NaturalPoint - see link below for a picture - this was just a rush job to see if the concept works - you could obviously make it a bit neater, and also reposition the components away from the headphone zone, as I would do next time if I ever need to make another one:

http://www.imagehosting.us/imagehosting/showimg.jpg/?id=309720

(it was really simple, too - a few Dollars worth of parts from Radio Shack, 6 solder connections and a needle and thread to sew the parts onto the hat, and voila!) http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

atomicali
03-09-2005, 12:39 AM
**** surely the missus will let you close the curtains or blinds when you want to play?
If she thinks it makes the room to dark then take her shopping for some light weight curtains that will dim and filter the direct sunlight rather than totally blocking it.
You could also try some window tinting.
To justify the cost, suggest that the window tinting or light weight curtains will increase your privacy and reduce fading of the furniture and floor coverings.