PDA

View Full Version : Quick Question About the Assassin's Creed II White Edition;

L.Cie
07-16-2009, 06:20 AM
(First off; Hi. Long time lurker first time poster so excuse any posting stupidity lol)
(I also can't figure out how to edit my sig and avatar as I'm not used to this type of forum)

I'm in Australia and have preordered both the Black and White Editions of Assassin's Creed II (Black from EB, White from JB Hi-Fi for the hoodie). I'm curious, has anyone seen a photo at all of the hoodie yet? Is there even a photo of one in existance? I'm quite concerned about this because the hoodie is the only reason I'm buying White Edition and I'd like to know what I'm getting.

Even though it's great not seeing what one gets until it arrives in the mail. xD

L.Cie
07-16-2009, 06:20 AM
(First off; Hi. Long time lurker first time poster so excuse any posting stupidity lol)
(I also can't figure out how to edit my sig and avatar as I'm not used to this type of forum)

I'm in Australia and have preordered both the Black and White Editions of Assassin's Creed II (Black from EB, White from JB Hi-Fi for the hoodie). I'm curious, has anyone seen a photo at all of the hoodie yet? Is there even a photo of one in existance? I'm quite concerned about this because the hoodie is the only reason I'm buying White Edition and I'd like to know what I'm getting.

Even though it's great not seeing what one gets until it arrives in the mail. xD

Captain Tomatoz
07-16-2009, 06:37 AM
not sure if this is real or not but i found this
http://i12.ebayimg.com/06/i/001/30/64/d1cf_1.JPG

L.Cie
07-16-2009, 06:56 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Tony6593:
not sure if this is real or not but i found this
http://i12.ebayimg.com/06/i/001/30/64/d1cf_1.JPG </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hmm, I don't know... It looks like it's fanmade TBH, plus the description on the preorder page says something along the lines of 'long-sleeve hooded shirt'.

I'm actually guessing it's something similar to the Assassin's Creed hoodie that came with preorders of the first game in the U.S (?)(Photos below). If it's anything like that I'm going to be quite happy and I assume anyone else who gets their hands on it will be too. xD

http://media.g4tv.com/images/blog/2007/08/22/633234026003473216.jpg
http://media.g4tv.com/images/blog/2007/08/22/633234025841353478.jpg

Account_Deleted
07-16-2009, 07:02 AM
Chances it's the same as the furst game release,
and L.Cie, welcome to the fourms,
anddd... Black and White http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_redface.gif you must be forking alot of money due to of the financal crsis

godsmack_darius
07-16-2009, 07:05 AM
Cas' Post count is worth more :P

Where did you find the shirt was it at some store or was it online?

Account_Deleted
07-16-2009, 07:08 AM
i can tell it was bough on ebay, since Australia NEVER got special for pre-ordering,
and if s. only gay downloads... pfft.. screw halo wars

godsmack_darius
07-16-2009, 07:38 AM
Ebay...How reliable

And yeah..Halo wars, man talk about OVER rated

Ureh
07-16-2009, 03:21 PM
Do they ship the hoodie seperately? or do they somehow stuff that thing into the gamebox?

caswallawn_2k7
07-16-2009, 03:27 PM
if it is part of the game package they will make a specail box for the game to acomodate it, generaly if it's a pre order reward they just ship them along side the game. or atleast thats how sevral games that have had pre order T-shirts and stuff in the UK has worked.

L.Cie
07-17-2009, 03:06 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">and L.Cie, welcome to the fourms,
anddd... Black and White you must be forking alot of money due to of the financal crsis
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks for the welcome ^_^
Not really, I have a fair bit spare (I do correspondence studying and save up what I don't spend) plus I can save up more than the AUS$110 for White edition (Black edition's a Christmas present I chose for myself xD) within the four months to release.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">
Where did you find the shirt was it at some store or was it online? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Linkage~ (http://www.jbhifionline.com.au/game/ps3/assassins-creed-2-white-collector-s-edition-bonus-hooded-shirt/436992)

JB Hi-Fi is the only store in the country that sells the hoodie, while EB Games and other stores just have the normal White edition pack.
If anyone else wants it, they do ship worldwide. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">i can tell it was bough on ebay, since Australia NEVER got special for pre-ordering,
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm not stupid enough to buy from EBay xD And yep, Halo Wars is over-rated.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Do they ship the hoodie seperately? or do they somehow stuff that thing into the gamebox? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">if it is part of the game package they will make a specail box for the game to acomodate it, generaly if it's a pre order reward they just ship them along side the game. or atleast thats how sevral games that have had pre order T-shirts and stuff in the UK has worked. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I hope they don't just stuff it into the box with the rest of the pack, lol. That'd pretty much ruin it.
I'm guessing it's probably going to be included with the game in a plastic bag + cardboard insert to keep it from wrinkling and getting damaged.

Veagor
07-17-2009, 04:31 AM
Does JB Hi-Fi deliver? Just that there isn't a JB Hi-Fi where I live and I would really like the Hoddie.

Poppa Gangsta Yo?

L.Cie
07-17-2009, 07:05 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Veagor:
Does JB Hi-Fi deliver? Just that there isn't a JB Hi-Fi where I live and I would really like the Hoddie.

Poppa Gangsta Yo? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

There's no JB Hi-Fi anywhere near me either, lol.
Yeah, they ship orders out to customers. Also, one pays next to nothing until the item ships out, which is as soon as it's in stock -- Meaning there's potential to get it early http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Veagor
07-18-2009, 03:36 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by L.Cie:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Veagor:

Yeah, they ship orders out to customers. Also, one pays next to nothing until the item ships out, which is as soon as it's in stock -- Meaning there's potential to get it early http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Do you know what size the jumper is?

berny_lost
07-18-2009, 07:38 PM
hello!

does nobody care about the other things in the white edition???

i have a few questions, not about the hoodie..
does anyone know what the difference between the black edition's 3 extra quests and the white edition's bonus in-game context????????

thanks

Biomedical-Fire
07-18-2009, 08:08 PM
The hoodie looks pretty cool, I'm not too thrilled about white, but I understand why it is white because of it being packaged with the White Edition.

Veagor
07-18-2009, 09:56 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by berny_lost:
hello!

does anyone know what the difference between the black edition's 3 extra quests and the white edition's bonus in-game context????????

thanks </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm fairly sure there isnt any difference. I do care about the other stuff in it but this thread is about the hoodie

theboyofcheese
07-18-2009, 11:53 PM
YOU GET A HOODIE AT JB HIFI? *rushes there*

L.Cie
07-19-2009, 04:37 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by L.Cie:

Yeah, they ship orders out to customers. Also, one pays next to nothing until the item ships out, which is as soon as it's in stock -- Meaning there's potential to get it early http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Do you know what size the jumper is? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm assuming there's various sizes, and it's likely a unisex jumper so I just gave my measurements/requested a S/M when I ordered.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by berny_lost:

hello!

does anyone know what the difference between the black edition's 3 extra quests and the white edition's bonus in-game context???????? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm a bit curious about that as well. I'm assuming it's a random one out of the three extra quests that black gets though.
White also comes with an Ezio figure and white packaging, but the hoodie comes ONLY from JB Hi-Fi.

---------

Since I'm getting both, if anyone's interested I'll post pics and compare the two editions when I get black edition in December, and post photos of the hoodie when it arrives. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

narutosaifu
07-22-2009, 05:26 AM

Even though it's great not seeing what one gets until it arrives in the mail. xD </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wow I completely planned on doing the same thing tomorrow (but I'm doing mine instore) And wanted to know the exact differences of the game contains when I found this thread. I really hope that i can still get the long-sleeve hooded shirt!

So let me just get it straight. All black and white editions are all the same around the world BUT JB Hi-Fi are just throwing in a shirt for the people who pre-order the white edition.

And can i ask you (L.Cie) when you pre-ordered, you did it online right? and you had to pay full price, but instore can you just put in a deposit (like EB Game)?

P.s Go Oz for the long-sleeve hooded shirt!

Chiiru22
07-22-2009, 08:21 AM
Great, now I gotta wait til the first to order, I'm not sure I've enough cash in the ole account to just jump off and 'buy' it. =\

Ureh
07-22-2009, 11:24 AM
&lt;quote&gt;So let me just get it straight. All black and white editions are all the same around the world BUT JB Hi-Fi are just throwing in a shirt for the people who pre-order the white edition.&lt;/quote&gt;

Where did you hear that both editions are the same? Everything I've heard so far on this forum implies that the White Edition is very inferior compared to the Black Edition.

narutosaifu
07-22-2009, 09:01 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ureh:
&lt;quote&gt;So let me just get it straight. All black and white editions are all the same around the world BUT JB Hi-Fi are just throwing in a shirt for the people who pre-order the white edition.&lt;/quote&gt;

Where did you hear that both editions are the same? Everything I've heard so far on this forum implies that the White Edition is very inferior compared to the Black Edition. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh I'm sorry. What I meant was that the black edition would be the same around the world and the white edition would be different from the black but other white edition would be the same . Sorry again for not saying it proper &gt;.&lt;

L.Cie
07-23-2009, 10:58 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by narutosaifu:
Wow I completely planned on doing the same thing tomorrow (but I'm doing mine instore) And wanted to know the exact differences of the game contains when I found this thread. I really hope that i can still get the long-sleeve hooded shirt!

So let me just get it straight. All black and white editions are all the same around the world BUT JB Hi-Fi are just throwing in a shirt for the people who pre-order the white edition.

And can i ask you (L.Cie) when you pre-ordered, you did it online right? and you had to pay full price, but instore can you just put in a deposit (like EB Game)?

P.s Go Oz for the long-sleeve hooded shirt! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

(Sorry for the late reply I couldn't get online for a day lol)
I pre-ordered White edition online from JB Hi-Fi 'cause yeah, they're the only ones that stock it, and I preordered Black edition from my local EB Games just like any other game. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif
Black and White both come with tonnes of treats in PAL regions, but in the U.S etc I think it's just the extra quest.
White Edition only comes with a hooded shirt if you get it from JB Hi-Fi, but otherwise it's just the figure, packaging, extra level and game.
Well, there's a lot in Black Edition. xD

When you pre-order from JB you pay nothing/a small fee (Can't remember lol) until the product ships, leaving plenty of time to save up for said game. xD
As usual, the EB pre-orders are 10% down first. o.o

Yeah lol go Australia for getting an exclusive hoodie xD

obliviondoll
07-24-2009, 12:18 AM
According to JB Hi Fi in NZ, we don't get the hoodie.

They also said that about the Red Faction Guerrilla Handbook before release though. And so did the official forums. Turned out they were wrong about that, so don't really trust them to know what they're selling any more.

narutosaifu
07-24-2009, 06:18 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">
(Sorry for the late reply I couldn't get online for a day lol)
I pre-ordered White edition online from JB Hi-Fi 'cause yeah, they're the only ones that stock it, and I preordered Black edition from my local EB Games just like any other game. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif
Black and White both come with tonnes of treats in PAL regions, but in the U.S etc I think it's just the extra quest.
White Edition only comes with a hooded shirt if you get it from JB Hi-Fi, but otherwise it's just the figure, packaging, extra level and game.
Well, there's a lot in Black Edition. xD

When you pre-order from JB you pay nothing/a small fee (Can't remember lol) until the product ships, leaving plenty of time to save up for said game. xD
As usual, the EB pre-orders are 10% down first. o.o

Yeah lol go Australia for getting an exclusive hoodie xD </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thankz for the info, I was able to Pre-order both the editions after work today and man, I cant seem to stop myself from drooling all over my receiptz... 8D http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif