PDA

View Full Version : New Poll will you be buying Assassin's Creed 2 PC?!

Unstop4ever
02-22-2010, 11:10 AM
Vote and then explain why or why not. Do not talk about piracy as that is NOT what we are talking about here. The goal is to show Ubisoft how much money they are losing due to their insane DRM.

DerelictHuman
02-22-2010, 11:23 AM
I'm seeking the mods wont be locking this thread too.

My answer is no, I wont be buying AC2 due to new (DAS)DRM terms.

Unstop4ever
02-22-2010, 11:39 AM
It's just a simple question. Unfortunately we will probably only get a few dozen votes.

Wonderglue
02-22-2010, 11:45 AM
No,i'm not buying it. And not just because of the DRM.

http://www.pcgameshardware.de/...h/Action-Spiel/Test/ (http://www.pcgameshardware.de/aid,705292/Assassins-Creed-2-Grafik-und-Widescreen-Vergleich/Action-Spiel/Test/)

Look just here,they didn't fix the aspect ratio at all.

florisz1990
02-22-2010, 11:55 AM
Yes. I only need my pc to get repaired soon. And I'll get this because this is much cheaper than the PS3 version, although there probably won't be trophies... Or maybe PS3 is more awesome... I don't know.

Atkamon
02-22-2010, 12:05 PM
I will buy it as soon as its out. I'm not really concerned about the DRM since I have a stable internet connection.

adarwinter
02-22-2010, 12:16 PM
i hadd tons of trouble getting connected to various online services.
had issues with rainbow six vegas 1, farcry 2 and gtaiv. 2 of the 3 games are ubisofts.
i just dont trust logging into stuff. cuz of that i dont buy online games that dont have a demo or come from a company i had flawless experience from.
i had good experience with IW so i bought MW2.
the beta of Bad company 2 works well so im getting that one as well.
since i had issues (big unsolved issues) with ubisoft's games im not gonna touch AC2 until there is a way around it and then i am much more likely to buy it (due to having some sort of insurance in case things go the ubisoft ways).

mc2w
02-22-2010, 12:20 PM
I have no intentions to buy, as I live in the country where my internet likes to temporarily die roughly about once per hour.

I think I'll go use my money to get some interruption-free games.

gracerules82
02-22-2010, 12:42 PM
I have already bought the game and absolutely love it, screw the news, they are morons!

gracerules82
02-22-2010, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by florisz1990:
Yes. I only need my pc to get repaired soon. And I'll get this because this is much cheaper than the PS3 version, although there probably won't be trophies... Or maybe PS3 is more awesome... I don't know.

I guess it depends on what you like, but I prefer the xbox 360. But then again, I don't use the internet on it. I just play games without it due to gamer tag issues.

LCGuardian
02-22-2010, 01:03 PM
Yes, I have a constant internet connection and so I will buy the game. But with the recent crazyness from Ubisoft about everything to do with the PC version, how keen I am to get it has dropped a lot in the last month.

DerelictHuman
02-22-2010, 01:11 PM
Originally posted by gracerules82:
I have already bought the game and absolutely love it, screw the news, they are morons!

'Bought' the game? How?!

sswehrwolf
02-23-2010, 12:09 AM
I cant in good conscience support a manufacturer of a game with this type of DRM. It sucks too.. I had AC2 on my buy list for months now... along with dawn of war.. napolean... bfbc2... bioshock 2...metro 2033..

Well i just listed a lot of games due out around the same time that will be getting money from users due to this DRM. I wonder what those other companies are doing besides drooling right now? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

MinscTheHunter
02-23-2010, 12:57 AM
I cancelled my pre-order (for the black edition) last year, when it became apparent that the main reason for delaying the PC version was piracy, and not (as was the official statement) quality improvements and last-minute bugfixes. I'm glad I did, as I would definitely not have accepted this intrusive copy protection scheme.

I wouldn't mind a quick online verification the moment you start the game or reload a saved game, but the 100% online requirement for a single player game is ridiculous.

Ubisoft is really trying hard to alienate PC players. I bought & played Prince of Persia (I loved the idea not to include any DRM on that one at all, but the game itself was a bit simple, the support of the PC version s*cked, and the fact that the DRM was not released for PC p*ssed off a lot of PC players - including me - off).

Some recommendations to Ubisoft for the future (if they intend to have a future in PC gaming at all, that is):

1. Leave out copy protections (it's not worth the cost, and the only ones bothered by it are the honest buyers). Failing that, implement a simple, not intrusive copy protection scheme (nothing will stop the serious hackers, but it may reduce simple home copying).

2. Listen to your customers, and reply to their questions/concerns. One big improvement would be to appoint a community manager who will reply to posts on this board on a regular (weekly) basis, addressing questions and concerns. Potential customers on this board currently post their questions into a big black hole, never knowing if/when something is going to come back out.

the amolang
02-23-2010, 03:22 AM
Nah, I already got it on xbox, don't even need a stable internet connection http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

IV_trailer
02-23-2010, 04:54 AM
Why havn't you make an option "No, I allready have it on console".

M-dahaka
02-23-2010, 06:45 AM
I'll buy it, but if the DRM annoys me too much, i'll just get the crack for it. At least they get my money for the game then. I pre-ordered it today.

Madubu
02-23-2010, 06:52 AM
Since i first saw the trailers that i wanted to buy the game, but now, due to this fabulous DRM, i'll only buy it when ubisoft drop it.
I won't pay for a game i can't play when i want, where i want.
If pay is to play on my terms, not theirs.

Seekzor
02-23-2010, 07:30 AM
Originally posted by Atkamon:
I will buy it as soon as its out. I'm not really concerned about the DRM since I have a stable internet connection.

Stephan1237
02-23-2010, 08:43 AM
I will buy it on the release date. I got a good connection and its a fantastic game

katz_bg
02-23-2010, 11:15 AM
If you're going to list reasons together with the choices in the poll then try to make put more than one.
For instance I have two reasons not to buy the PC version that don't fit the answers.
1. I already have it for my console.
2. My PC is too weak.

A simple yes/no/maybe would have been fairer in the poll.

Tracazoid
02-23-2010, 11:20 AM
I've boycotted the game all together, and although it looks stunning and I've heard great things I am going to pass as Ubisoft doesn't deserve the money.

Worst marketing decision ever. The people who were going to pirate still will, and for the people like who me were going to buy it now won't...

So where do you win Ubisoft? the pirates still get your game and, you shot down ACTUAL PC sales of your game probably a good 25% at least.

Sure you've already sold more then enough on the consoles so the company doesn't give a crap about us, but there had to have been better methods then this.

Bombong
02-23-2010, 12:37 PM
I have been looking forward so long for this game and was so disappointed that it wasn't released in november last year. So I feel I don't have the option of not buying it now that it will finally be released. But I hate the DRM, so I don't think I will buy any other Ubisoft games in the future anymore. But as for AC2: I'm only human. And weak...

leckig
02-23-2010, 01:50 PM
not after I wasted $40 on Operation Flashpoint 2 and could never play online. What a tragic game it was! Well, the game was not THAT bad, but the online component never worked.

mc2w
02-23-2010, 05:50 PM
No, I will not be buying it until they rid it of the "needing a constant internet connection" component. As others have stated earlier, their other games have had...rather unstable online modes, and if this is any sign of how Ubisoft handles internet connections, then maybe the same crap will happen with AC2.

O6EvolutionIXMR
02-23-2010, 06:53 PM
I hope they come out with it on Mac(soon though). Although I have it for XBOX, I'd like to see what it looks like on my new 27" I7.

cooldudxd
02-23-2010, 09:42 PM
I'm still planning to buy ACII... <span class="ev_code_RED">*edit*</span>

O6EvolutionIXMR
02-24-2010, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by cooldudxd:
I'm still planning to buy ACII... <span class="ev_code_RED">edit</span>

<span class="ev_code_RED">edit</span>

SWJS
02-24-2010, 12:49 PM
I'm still planning to buy ACII.. <span class="ev_code_RED">edit</span> Really smart guys. Go ahead and talk about pirating the game. Not only will you get suspended, you'll make things even worse.

It makes me laugh so hard when PC users are all like "WE'LL SHOW U!" and then do the exact same thing that's causing the problem in the first place.

Irony is sweet, no?

O6EvolutionIXMR
02-24-2010, 06:10 PM
Ahh, I suspected he was talking about that but I wasn't sure which is why I asked.

If that's the case, I hope Ubisoft suspends you and keeps you in their radar.
Many of us actually pay for our Games, Software, & Music like responsible customers. That's why when you hear about these people getting caught and put thru court with a ton of fines every now and then, I just laugh and say to myself, "Well deserved I bet".

cooldudxd
02-24-2010, 06:33 PM
Originally posted by EzioTheAssassin:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by cooldudxd:
I'm still planning to buy ACII.. <span class="ev_code_RED">edit</span> Really smart guys. Go ahead and talk about pirating the game. Not only will you get suspended, you'll make things even worse.

It makes me laugh so hard when PC users are all like "WE'LL SHOW U!" and then do the exact same thing that's causing the problem in the first place.

Irony is sweet, no? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

*facepalm*

O6EvolutionIXMR
02-24-2010, 07:11 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by EzioTheAssassin:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by cooldudxd:
I'm still planning to buy ACII... <span class="ev_code_RED">edit</span> Really smart guys. Go ahead and talk about pirating the game. Not only will you get suspended, you'll make things even worse.

Irony is sweet, no? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

*facepalm*
<span class="ev_code_RED">edit</span> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ahh ok, gotcha. Thanks for clearing that up.

SWJS
02-24-2010, 07:17 PM
It's still illegal.

shponglefan
02-24-2010, 07:35 PM
I held off buying the first Assassin's Creed after reading about the mediocrity of the port (such as going through umpteen menus just to quit the game). Medicore port coupled with game-killing DRM means I absolutely won't buy the second one.

Mercenary1
02-25-2010, 12:30 AM
I have a reliable internet connection and I will be buying the game, but Ubisoft's servers better be reliable so that the honest paying customer can play the game when they want to with no interruptions on their part.

Inigo2
02-25-2010, 11:06 PM
I'm gonna hold off for a bit before I buy.

swn32
02-26-2010, 01:55 AM
I use my universities internet. Unfortunately we have to connect to the internet through proxy servers and thus pretty much every port is blocked besides HTTP.

Its the reason I NEVER buy any game through steam. It cannot connect through a ******* proxy server.

How am I suppose to play this game (assuming it doesnt use HTTP to connect to the servers). Also considering the fact that all the previous Ubisoft autoupdaters failed to connect to the internet, its safe to make the above assumption.

Ubisoft just lost another customer, good job. Wait, not just one customer, every potential buyer in my university and similar universities.

icrash
02-26-2010, 08:17 AM
Passing on AC2 & SH5 both. Contemplating ME2 and waiting on the expansion for Dragon Age Origins.

MarsCS
02-26-2010, 08:46 AM
I loved the first Assasin's Creed and have played through it three times on my PC an HP HDX18 and over 95% of the time I have been offline. I play most of the time in areas where I do not have internet access and if they require continuous internet access I guess I will have to do without. I ordered the original AC through steam and there method seems to work as I can play offline and just have to connect every so often to get updates. Ubisoft is crazy to implement such a restrictive DRM. We are not all criminals and should not be treated as such.

SilentbobSC
02-26-2010, 07:42 PM
Was waiting anxiously for this title, about nerdraged all over when I heard about the delay, then they announced 100% Online requirement DRM... Sale Lost, and no I'm not going to pirate either...

-No more Ubisoft Purchases
-No Rentals of Ubisoft shovel-ware
-No purchasing of ANY Ubisoft products for *any* platform (My PC, 360, PS3, or my assorted handhelds).
-Making sure all friends understand the issue (5 more lost sales already btw)
-No, not even going to pirate it, the title and all others might as well be Jersey Shore because I won't even bother acknowledging their existence.

Simply, dead.

I thought you'd learned your lesson with Starforce Ubi, guess not. This is doubly-ridiculous because you have a perfectly accepted (and superior imo) DRM / Distro partner - Steam.

To the actual programmers / artists who worked on this game - I'm really sorry, I was really looking forward to this but this is unacceptable.

Too bad, I had been a very long-time customer of many of your products. Glad to see you put the money to such great use.

SilentbobSC
02-26-2010, 07:44 PM
was really looking forward to this but this is unacceptable.

Gah, couldn't find edit... revision: was really looking forward to this but the DRM choice is unacceptable.

BLaZiNgSPEED
02-27-2010, 10:09 AM
I'll probably buy it because DRM does not affect me. I have an always on gaming broadband internet connection. So for me this is not a problem. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

FiskMunk
02-27-2010, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by EzioTheAssassin:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> <span class="ev_code_RED">edit</span>
It's still illegal. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wait, what? How can fiddling with your install directory be illegal?

/slap

bhfo
02-27-2010, 06:07 PM
i will not be purchasing this or any game from ubisoft until they pull their head out of their

strayer-kunz
03-01-2010, 05:56 AM
I have no problems with my internet connection, so I do not see the problem.... I have bought thu, and played it for LOOOOOOOOONG hours, it really a greate game!! I'm affraid of heights and this game is NOT helping me on that... he he. And I've been in firence and recognice the dome (church) and the surrounding buildings, absolutelly great!! I have even been up that church tower too, but remember the space up there to be alittle bigger.. :-)

Great game so far, I'll just finnished the sequence with leonardos flying machine, great stuff

As far as playing the game on an internet connection I can only run it from 1 of my stationary PC and on 1 of my laptops (I have 5 stationary og 4 laptops) and both of them has a high speed lines (Even the wireless connection on the laptop) and I have no need to run it elsewhere, so yes, I bought it! I think they (UBI) deserve the money from it and they are only doing this due to a LOT of pirating in recent years.... So I see this as stiking back! Who want's to make free games BTW? Not me, I can tell you that, and this is what we get when most of the players og AC1 was downloading it "free" from a pirate place. So pulling there head out of there a**es is just what UBI have done, cause without money, no game!

STEAM_RULES
03-01-2010, 08:01 AM
Here is a video of on hands experience with ACII for PC and the DRM in action.

Because of the DRM for a single player game I will not buy the game.

http://www.facebook.com/video/...1316312900728&ref=mf (http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=1316312900728&ref=mf)

Also please visit the STEAM forum on Assassin's Creed II and speak your voice:
http://forums.steampowered.com...rumdisplay.php?f=381 (http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=381)

Brinkman0
03-01-2010, 08:23 AM
I won't be buying the game due to the DRM but additionally I wont be purchasing it because it's a $60 pc game.

The exact same reason I didn't buy MW2.

worldcitizen9
03-01-2010, 08:29 AM
I'll give them one chance but if this doesn't work then I'll earmark Ubisoft games and make a point not to buy them anymore. I get booted out once and that's it no more Ubisoft for me. I want FUN not disconnections.

SomeonePC
03-01-2010, 08:32 AM
I bought Prince of Persia for the PC. I have bought Anno 1404. I shall never buy any other Ubisoft again until they remove this DRM.

Bielzebiskit
03-01-2010, 08:53 AM
Just kind of wondering when UbiSoft will be realizing that this game will be HORRIBLY undersold and decide maybe it was a bad idea to put their ridiculous DRM on it... This is really going to suck if I decide to buy this game and get deployed. How am I going to play it when I am in Iraq when I have a little down time? Obvious answer is I won't... Ridiculous...

AuroraElika
03-01-2010, 12:23 PM
Well I just canceled my pre-order. I thought they might listen to the fans and address it before the release date, looks like it will not happen.

Vendetta11
03-01-2010, 12:45 PM
I pre-ordered AC2 via Steam two nights ago. I know the DRM issue is a hot one, but it won't keep me from wanting to play the game.

firenze2010
03-01-2010, 03:06 PM
i will be buying teh PC if only because i can't play the DLCs on my ps3 for some wierd reason

drinkycrow_yo
03-01-2010, 03:21 PM
"Just kind of wondering when UbiSoft will be realizing that this game will be HORRIBLY undersold and decide maybe it was a bad idea to put their ridiculous DRM on it... This is really going to suck if I decide to buy this game and get deployed. How am I going to play it when I am in Iraq when I have a little down time? Obvious answer is I won't... Ridiculous..."

If it were to be horribly undersold, they would probably just blame it on pirates and implement stricter DRM.

widowmaker4
03-01-2010, 10:28 PM
I have a great net connection, but if I buy a product then I should be able to play or use it when I like, On or offline. I loved the first one for the pc but this killed number 2 for me. And pirating will never go away, this just makes more people look into pirated copies. May make thing's harder for them at first but not impossible, it will be done,as with other games.

Void_Null
03-01-2010, 11:01 PM
Fail DRM is Fail.

I play SP Games when I dont have internet, If I have internet I am playing MMO's and shooters.

What the hell is the point of a purely SP game that requires an internet connection to play?

drinkycrow_yo
03-02-2010, 01:38 AM
ubi learns nothing from its DRM failures.

http://games.slashdot.org/arti...sid=08/07/19/0239227 (http://games.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=08/07/19/0239227)

anyone remember them stealing the reloaded crack for vegas 2?

NotThatWay
03-02-2010, 03:19 AM
My bad experience with other Ubisoft games and their server will not let me buy this game with its drm. Although my interconnection is stable, connecting to ubisoft server is a crap.

Spc0
03-02-2010, 03:24 AM
Nope, i will not be buying the game if it contains DRM.
This type of DRM will limit my game experience as i don't have a stable internet connection.

So what, if i don't play the game it doesn't matter to me.
This one will be in my list i skiped because of DRM.

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/34.gif

However i will buy it 100% if they remove the DRM completely.

adarwinter
03-02-2010, 03:29 AM
Originally posted by NotThatWay:
My bad experience with other Ubisoft games and their server will not let me buy this game with its drm. Although my interconnection is stable, connecting to ubisoft server is a crap.

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEXACTLY!

i had a lot of hard time connecting "R6:vegas" servers and it was nearly impossible for me to play MP, and as hard as it was to play MP on R6:V is was IMPOSSIBLE to play FARCRY2. to this day i cant log into FC2's servers. havent played a single MP match for this game. not even one!! and god knows i tried many many times for long and many months. it that game hasnt hadd a great SP i would have been crying myseslf to sleep over the loss of my 50$.

it's SO SO SO hard for me to count on logging into UBI's servers in order to play. i have a horrible experience with that and if i will have issues with AC2 than i wont be giving up on 30% of the game (like in FC2) but on 100% of the game.

Ma7riX_07
03-02-2010, 08:05 AM
My net's only on a few hours per day and I'd rather not fully waste those few hours by only playing a singleplayer game. So I won't be buying AC2, not only because of my technical limitations but mostly because of the crazyness of the new DRM.
I've always supported Ubisoft by buying their games legit, and now they treat me like a <span class="ev_code_RED">EDIT</span> thief!!! This just ****es me off so much -_____- They won't be getting my money anymore if Ubisoft continues treating their PC customers like <span class="ev_code_RED">EDIT</span>.

Luckily there are other good games coming out around this time that do deserve my money. =)

<span class="ev_code_RED">EDIT - Foul language and bypassing the language filter are not permitted, please post your views without swearing, thanks</span>

turbotoes
03-02-2010, 10:26 AM
I've bought many ubisoft games over the years, the original Assassins creed and all the splinter cell games amongst them, but I will not buy a game with this type of DRM, online activation, fine, dvd check, fine, but this rubbish, no way! I live in a rural area and my adsl connection is slow and unreliable, I refuse to pay for a game I may not be able to play WHEN I feel like it.