PDA

View Full Version : Multiplayer Xfire or Hyperlobby????

Phobia337
04-02-2008, 07:18 AM
I am asking this question because I use Xfire to find all online games. I tend to stay in the historical realism servers like, Zekes vs Wildcats or their counter part 109s vs (can't remember which russian plane name they use). I also see the warclouds servers and such. These servers always have 20 to 40 people in them. I am wondering if these same servers also show on hyperlobby?

I am showing around 150 servers on X-fire. I am from Louisiana. What do some of you southern guys see for the amount of servers on hyperlobby?

Later guys
PHOBIA

Also if yall ever wanna shoot me down I am on Zekes vs wildcats almost nightly. Last night we had some great games.

Phobia337
04-02-2008, 07:18 AM
I am asking this question because I use Xfire to find all online games. I tend to stay in the historical realism servers like, Zekes vs Wildcats or their counter part 109s vs (can't remember which russian plane name they use). I also see the warclouds servers and such. These servers always have 20 to 40 people in them. I am wondering if these same servers also show on hyperlobby?

I am showing around 150 servers on X-fire. I am from Louisiana. What do some of you southern guys see for the amount of servers on hyperlobby?

Later guys
PHOBIA

Also if yall ever wanna shoot me down I am on Zekes vs wildcats almost nightly. Last night we had some great games.

TgD Thunderbolt56
04-02-2008, 07:39 AM
XFire, Hyperlobby or AllSeeingEye...All will do the job. Use the one you prefer.

In my experience, ASE shows more servers, all users (not just the ones that use the specific lobby to join), and provides the IP address of the server which I like.

Phobia337
04-02-2008, 07:54 AM
Thanks thunder. I like Xfire, just to get all the servers IP's. Which I wrote down and have a list next to my desk.

Check player amounts in Xfire, close it for extra resources, then start the game and fly.

Thanks for clearing up that they all pretty much see the same servers.

Xiolablu3
04-02-2008, 09:40 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">109s vs (can't remember which russian plane name they use). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Spits, as in British Spitfires.

Phobia337
04-02-2008, 12:39 PM
Yup you are right. It is 109s vs Spits. I am at work so I could not check but I could not remember for the life of me.

Those are my two favorite servers. They have good rules and historical realism.

Wild.Bill.Kelso
04-02-2008, 12:40 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by TgD Thunderbolt56:
XFire, Hyperlobby or AllSeeingEye...All will do the job. Use the one you prefer.

In my experience, ASE shows more servers, all users (not just the ones that use the specific lobby to join), and provides the IP address of the server which I like. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>This Yahoo site says the All Seeing Eye is no longer accepting new users and will be out of business this May? Does anybody know about this? I was just going to check it out....

http://videogames.yahoo.com/multiplayer

TgD Thunderbolt56
04-03-2008, 01:32 PM
About 2 years ago (right after Yahoo bought them) they rumored that they were no longer going to fully support it. Made little sense to buy it then shut it down without a valid replacement, but apparently that's exactly what they're doing.

Really not a problem and I'm not sure if current "free" DL's will still work. If not then Xfire will get more of my business. I've installed it, but familiarity with ASE has kept me from using it much.

Phobia337
04-03-2008, 02:25 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by TgD Thunderbolt56:
About 2 years ago (right after Yahoo bought them) they rumored that they were no longer going to fully support it. Made little sense to buy it then shut it down without a valid replacement, but apparently that's exactly what they're doing.

Really not a problem and I'm not sure if current "free" DL's will still work. If not then Xfire will get more of my business. I've installed it, but familiarity with ASE has kept me from using it much. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I love X-fire, it is the best way to easily join a game with a buddy without having to write down IPs or anything. Just double click http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

PM you X-fire name bro and we can do some flying

Later guys