PDA

View Full Version : The Church's part in AC II

pdw92
08-09-2009, 02:01 PM
So, I've been thinking about what part the Church will play in this game, if any. I mean the Church for several centuries was the most powerful and dominant force in Europe. And one of their Popes, albeit reluctantly, helped drag the Templars down with the King of France. So, I'd have to say that they would play a huge part in this game, but I'm just not sure what.

Any thoughts on this?

pdw92
08-09-2009, 02:01 PM
So, I've been thinking about what part the Church will play in this game, if any. I mean the Church for several centuries was the most powerful and dominant force in Europe. And one of their Popes, albeit reluctantly, helped drag the Templars down with the King of France. So, I'd have to say that they would play a huge part in this game, but I'm just not sure what.

Any thoughts on this?

agentpoop
08-09-2009, 02:15 PM
I think they will just be another faction where you have some targets to kill. Maybe the pope knows something about another one of the pieces of eden? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif

Charlie_Romeo
08-09-2009, 02:18 PM
just thinking aloud here but, maybe the reason that every1 follows the church, in the AC Universe, is that the church has a peice of eden and uses that to do what the modern day templar want to do, brainwash the world kinda thing. What do you think?

caswallawn_2k7
08-09-2009, 02:19 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">And one of their Popes, albeit reluctantly, helped drag the Templars down with the King of France. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
not true the pope actualy orderd the king of france to kill and torture the templars as he felt they were becoming a threat to his power.

An_Idea
08-09-2009, 02:27 PM
oooh so the end could be a huge battle to take down the templars, and then i guess some would have to survive. But the third one needs the templars in it

Xanatos2007
08-10-2009, 12:16 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by nateoak10:
I think they will just be another faction where you have some targets to kill. Maybe the pope knows something about another one of the pieces of eden? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
*record player halts abruptly* Piece of Eden? Pope? Holy Grail!? You might be on to something...
http://img231.imageshack.us/img231/8638/grail.jpg

FROGGEman2
08-10-2009, 01:16 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by An_Idea:
oooh so the end could be a huge battle to take down the templars, and then i guess some would have to survive. But the third one needs the templars in it </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The third one is before the first one (prequel) Pat said so in the Gamespot interview

obliviondoll
08-10-2009, 09:15 AM
I'll actually be surprised if you identify anything that can lead to discovery of the Holy Grail until AC3 - although its existence in modern times will probably be confirmed or denied in this, or so I'm predicting.

They've hinted things which make me more inclined to think yes it does exist than no it doesn't, but I suspect it may have been destroyed in the past - and there may be a time-travel mission in AC3 to recover it (here's hoping, if they can do it without doing it badly..)

caswallawn_2k7
08-10-2009, 11:05 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by FROGGEman2:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by An_Idea:
oooh so the end could be a huge battle to take down the templars, and then i guess some would have to survive. But the third one needs the templars in it </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The third one is before the first one (prequel) Pat said so in the Gamespot interview </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

they said it could be set before the other games, but they never said it definatly would be.

Ezio28101943
08-12-2009, 01:37 PM
If the third one takes place before AC 1 then it would have to be in the dark ages. Nothing really happened then. Unless you mean the third will show subject sixteen and him using his blood to do all that writing.

The church didn't have alot of presence in AC 1. I mean you say the Despots out saying how they had to fight the crusades and all and of course the templrs. But they didn't follow the church really.

If you read the email in the confrence room computer, the grail has been removed from their list due to not enough credible evidence. Al-Mualim stated to Altair that most religious happenings were illusions from the pieces of eden.

caswallawn_2k7
08-12-2009, 02:06 PM
you will never play subject 16, the entire game revloves around desmond so it should in theory be only his ancestors, as for taking it further back they could go back to the romans ocupation europe/england taking it back to close to year 0 (since it was the romans who killed jesus and that is what the gregorian calendar works off for years)

Ezio28101943
08-12-2009, 03:29 PM
True, but I doubt it. They probably will do more modern such as WW1 or WW2. Or maybe the 1800's

caswallawn_2k7
08-12-2009, 03:32 PM
they said that they dont want to turn the game into a shooter so anything around the 1700's or after is probly a no go. to stop the game going to a shooter they cant realy come much further forward in history.

Ezio28101943
08-12-2009, 03:42 PM
Yeah, I heard that too. Maybe the third will have more of Desmond and Lucy as they try to slow Abstergo launching the rocket with the piece of eden in it.

caswallawn_2k7
08-12-2009, 05:39 PM
in the french reveloution they killed off the monarchy so no king would be dishing out orders to his troops to go hunt templars, as doing that he may as well just go chop his own head off.

Azugo
08-13-2009, 09:53 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by caswallawn_2k7:
they said that they dont want to turn the game into a shooter so anything around the 1700's or after is probly a no go. to stop the game going to a shooter they cant realy come much further forward in history. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not sure if they have much choice...

godsmack_darius
08-13-2009, 11:11 PM
1700 hundred makes sence, alot of cool things happened then, Adam weishaupt revived the Illuminati then, so maybe we could have something on their http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Warrior-Within2
08-13-2009, 11:16 PM
I'm sure the church will HAVE to play some role seeing as how big they were.

godsmack_darius
08-13-2009, 11:20 PM
ecpcially in 15th centuary, they had a HUGE role back ten, like putting Galileo on house arrest http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif