PDA

View Full Version : Things I Find... Messy

tjbyrum1
08-02-2011, 04:11 PM
First off, NPC Combat. Ezio is able to pull off slick moves in combat and stuff. But when I call Assassin's, or say Mercenaries or Thieves, or if I have allies with me, and we fight the Borgia - it seems.... you know, messy.

The NPC's always bump around each other, bump into stuff, fall back, hit you on accident causing you to fall back and stumble around, their combat is poor, etc. I mean, I just wish it was fixed so everyone moved fluidly like Ezio.

It pains me to watch my Assassin's fight Guards (I like watching them fight from the rooftops).

------

Another thing is the Guard's 'detection' concept. Say you're in a restricted area. At first glance, a Guard should detect you and engage you, however they just stand there, stare at you, and you can slip around a wall or dash into a crowd and suddenly the Guard loses thought of you.

Know what I mean?

-----

Anything else you find 'messy'?

Still, AC is a GREAT game and franchise.

tjbyrum1
08-02-2011, 04:11 PM
First off, NPC Combat. Ezio is able to pull off slick moves in combat and stuff. But when I call Assassin's, or say Mercenaries or Thieves, or if I have allies with me, and we fight the Borgia - it seems.... you know, messy.

The NPC's always bump around each other, bump into stuff, fall back, hit you on accident causing you to fall back and stumble around, their combat is poor, etc. I mean, I just wish it was fixed so everyone moved fluidly like Ezio.

It pains me to watch my Assassin's fight Guards (I like watching them fight from the rooftops).

------

Another thing is the Guard's 'detection' concept. Say you're in a restricted area. At first glance, a Guard should detect you and engage you, however they just stand there, stare at you, and you can slip around a wall or dash into a crowd and suddenly the Guard loses thought of you.

Know what I mean?

-----

Still, AC is a GREAT game and franchise.

LightRey
08-02-2011, 04:24 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by tjbyrum1:

------

Know what I mean?

-----

Still, AC is a GREAT game and franchise. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I agree. I think they just made compromises to keep the game balanced and these are just some examples of that. I think it's quite possible that the developers will find ways to make these things less 'messy' eventually.

Calvarok
08-02-2011, 04:25 PM
The enemies combat animations and fluidity needs to be improved, but not too much for the lowest ranks. the better guards should be way more agile, fast and fluid, though.

GunnarGunderson
08-02-2011, 04:42 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by tjbyrum1:

------

Another thing is the Guard's 'detection' concept. Say you're in a restricted area. At first glance, a Guard should detect you and engage you, however they just stand there, stare at you, and you can slip around a wall or dash into a crowd and suddenly the Guard loses thought of you. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I know, NPC factions seem to just attack eachother while the other one blocks, they don't dodge or counter or anything

And what annoys me is Ezio is the only person the guards don't allow in a restricted area.

Something I'd like to suggest is that when a body is found a restricted area is put up and no one is allowed in

Brandonmac10
08-02-2011, 04:42 PM
While fighting I can't pick which enemies to hit. I will be fighting guards with swords while archers and gunmen shoot at me. The game won't let me target the gunmen/archers.

Calvarok
08-02-2011, 05:38 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Brandonmac10:
While fighting I can't pick which enemies to hit. I will be fighting guards with swords while archers and gunmen shoot at me. The game won't let me target the gunmen/archers. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

YES. the game should NEVER pick your targets for you.

LightRey
08-02-2011, 05:40 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Calvarok:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Brandonmac10:
While fighting I can't pick which enemies to hit. I will be fighting guards with swords while archers and gunmen shoot at me. The game won't let me target the gunmen/archers. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

YES. the game should NEVER pick your targets for you. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Yeah, I think the target system in AC kinda sucks. It's improved much since AC1 though.

SixKeys
08-02-2011, 06:37 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:
Yeah, I think the target system in AC kinda sucks. It's improved much since AC1 though. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think the targeting system has gone downhill ever since AC1. In AC1, the game never just randomly switched my targets without my input. In AC2, this happened occasionally. In Brotherhood, it happens all the time.

LightRey
08-02-2011, 07:38 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SixKeys:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:
Yeah, I think the target system in AC kinda sucks. It's improved much since AC1 though. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think the targeting system has gone downhill ever since AC1. In AC1, the game never just randomly switched my targets without my input. In AC2, this happened occasionally. In Brotherhood, it happens all the time. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Tbh, I've only had that problem with guards on horseback. I'm usually able to target enemies much easier than in ACI.

nickfern19
08-02-2011, 08:55 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SixKeys:

I think the targeting system has gone downhill ever since AC1. In AC1, the game never just randomly switched my targets without my input. In AC2, this happened occasionally. In Brotherhood, it happens all the time. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Tbh, I've only had that problem with guards on horseback. I'm usually able to target enemies much easier than in ACI. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yea, it usually sucks to try to change targets. Most of the time I have to take the target lock off and put it back on and it takes away from the epicness.