PDA

View Full Version : Den defense help please

BigUrn
11-19-2011, 06:42 AM
So basically every den defense seems impossible cause of the last siege weapon they use..I notice that I don't seem to have all my units available..I need that bomber and all that stuff..please help

BigUrn
11-19-2011, 06:42 AM
So basically every den defense seems impossible cause of the last siege weapon they use..I notice that I don't seem to have all my units available..I need that bomber and all that stuff..please help

bishopwacker
11-19-2011, 07:13 AM
the first 2 defences are pretty easy mate.

1st thing place 2 leaders opposite roofs crossbow assasin's with them and target the enemy and button mash o if on PS3 to rob the enemy of morale and upgrade your barricade ASAP. Once you have enough morale build another barricade and upgrade it as well also get riflemen on the barricades as well to enforce them with fire power.

BIGGEST secret as well save your soldiers by killing big groups with the cannon and save it for the flame tank or barricade buster which ever it is. You can also target and kill the enemy as well with your hidden gun hold square PS3 with your cursor over the enemy to kill 1 yourself, but also it targets the enemy for your soldiers.

And don't forget to keep robbing the enemy of morale means you can buy more units yourself to defend.

LightRey
11-19-2011, 08:23 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by bishopwacker:
the first 2 defences are pretty easy mate.

1st thing place 2 leaders opposite roofs crossbow assasin's with them and target the enemy and button mash o if on PS3 to rob the enemy of morale and upgrade your barricade ASAP. Once you have enough morale build another barricade and upgrade it as well also get riflemen on the barricades as well to enforce them with fire power.

BIGGEST secret as well save your soldiers by killing big groups with the cannon and save it for the flame tank or barricade buster which ever it is. You can also target and kill the enemy as well with your hidden gun hold square PS3 with your cursor over the enemy to kill 1 yourself, but also it targets the enemy for your soldiers.

And don't forget to keep robbing the enemy of morale means you can buy more units yourself to defend. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Exactly. Save some cannon shots for the siege weapon (you can view what the waves will be like before you start), kill large groups of guards all at once with the cannon shots, don't bother stocking up on morale just spend it immediately, make sure you have leaders on all roofs as soon as possible, ranged weapons &gt; melee weapons, don't forget to let ezio shoot some Templars himself with his hidden gun.

ChaosxNetwork
11-19-2011, 08:37 AM
Each time you win a Den Defense, you gain access to new units such as a cannon barricade or a Greek fire barricade, before you start the defense mission you can edit the wheel and chose what types of units you want to have access to in that fight.
Helps a lot.

BigUrn
11-19-2011, 05:33 PM
Thanks 4 your help..here is my problem though. It says in my strategy guide each defense gets harder when I had my 1st defense I lost cause I didn't know what to do so I just went on with the game..Iam on sequence 6 now all my dens are under att and I can't win any because I think I progressed in the game 2 much they all hav the fire breather things and all I have is air assassins crossbows and rifle men..no match 4 the fire breather thing,.think I have 2 reset

StarDreamer99
11-19-2011, 05:48 PM
At the start, always assign a leader to all the available roof tops.

I mainly start by spamming a lot of crossbow troops at the start. Then I switch to the gunners as time progresses. The crossbow guys are cheaper and are usually good against the intial enemy waves.

Be sure to put up 1 or 2 additional barricades. It helps to upgrade the barricades as well (possible to do it 2wice). Note that you have to assign unit(s) to the barricade before you can upgrade it. I usually put one new barricade up about 30 seconds into the fight.

Be sure to put your cursor over enemies and press x to shoot your gun whenever you aren't adding new troops.

I rarely use the cannon, but if a big tightly grouped set of troops come in together, a well placed cannon shot definitely does wonders.

IntoxicEIGHT
11-19-2011, 06:16 PM
1) Loot the dead bodies with B button for extra morale.
2) Set up all 4 Assassin leaders, one on each rooftop, as the more leaders you have, the more morale they generate.
3) Only use riflemen for your rooftop units. They do the most damage and can take out the flamethrower cart or battering ram cart on the last wave pretty easily along with your 3 cannon shots.
4)Make sure you have at least 2-3 fully upgraded barriers in place to slow down the carts and wave units on that last wave! They may seem to be destroyed fairly quickly, but if you have the rooftops loaded with riflemen, it should do the trick.
5) You have a hand pistol attached to your arm that you can use as well to take out those extra men that squeak through. This can happen in the first few waves because the riflemen reload pretty slowly. Your pistol shoots fairly fast as well.
6) Also keep an eye out for those enemy rooftop assassin's, they cant take out your units fairly quickly if you don't take them out with your pistol soon enough.

If you follow these tips, u should never fail another Den Defense again.

Saqaliba
11-19-2011, 10:11 PM
I have done all those things and still not one a single den defence out of 5 now. The cannon seems to just fire around the seige machine even though my cursor is directly on it. I ploughs through barricades like butter. Sick of doing these damn things now. I recall all my crossbow men and load the roofs up with riflemen and still the seige machine is too fast. The cannon loads too slow. Ezio's gun doesn't fire rapidly enough and the riflemen do hardly anything. The meter on the tower just drains down like a syphoned bucket.

WTF! Seriously. I am basically just running around doing Den Attack/Defence now. I have completely forgotten that there is a main story line.

icecrea
11-20-2011, 12:51 AM
If the dens are so terrible for you, do what i did at one point. Just lose the den defence, it's really easier to take over the den again after that. Then your good :P

ProdiGurl
11-20-2011, 05:22 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by icecrea:
If the dens are so terrible for you, do what i did at one point. Just lose the den defence, it's really easier to take over the den again after that. Then your good :P </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

lol that's exactly what I did twice. You're already inside the warning area near the Captain when you lose, just pull out your weapon and stalk him down. I did that twice - somehow I managed to win one defense.

My problem is that I spend SO much time trying to place men on the rooftops that won't place (get the red block which means you can't put them there), that by the time the enemy comes, I only have a few men in place & it all goes downhill from there. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/icon_twisted.gif
So I just started losing and retaking the den after.

Good concept & I like the mission itself, I just don't care for the system it's done with.

ProdiGurl
11-20-2011, 05:27 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Saqaliba:
I have done all those things and still not one a single den defence out of 5 now. The cannon seems to just fire around the seige machine even though my cursor is directly on it. I ploughs through barricades like butter. Sick of doing these damn things now. I recall all my crossbow men and load the roofs up with riflemen and still the seige machine is too fast. The cannon loads too slow. Ezio's gun doesn't fire rapidly enough and the riflemen do hardly anything. The meter on the tower just drains down like a syphoned bucket.

WTF! Seriously. I am basically just running around doing Den Attack/Defence now. I have completely forgotten that there is a main story line. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ya, I don't know why people are saying this game is so easy - it's really not in some areas. Den defense is one of them unless you can master it. I managed to get 29% sync on my 2nd defense, but I think that crappy score was pure luck since I lost the battle after that one.
& I don't even know how to 'recall' anyone ?

So far at sequence 4, den defense hasn't taken up alot of the game so I'm ok with it for now.

jcoyle_hull
11-20-2011, 03:46 PM
First buy a assassin leader put him on the roof closest to the enemy, then the best barricade you can, if any change buy crossbow men as many as you can.

Shoot as many as you can as fast as you can whilst also button mashing the loot button because you get morale from them sometimes which helps, also drop cannons on the group at first to kill as many as you can.

After the first wave fill the roof with crossbowmen then repeat the above.

Then upgrade your barricade as much as you can and repeat above again.

Then buy another assassin leader and place on another roof close to the beggining and start to just purchase rifle men.

Then after that i usually buy a assassin leader on the roof closest to my den just incase they break through but apart from that just put as many rifle men up as i can drop the cannons and keep shooting and looting.

Also can get the bomb dropper guys if you have them.

indulgence82
11-20-2011, 07:56 PM
If your referring to the battle where you have the really long road that occupies 2 screens I did the following:

(keep in mind a few of these are not available at first.) Started with caltrops bomber and cannon thrower (cannon shooting enemies on the opposite side). Followed it up with protecting them from roof attacks with the assassin brawler and adding more of the same with caltrops and bombers. 3rd to 4th wave in your line will be fairly stable. I started putting riffle men near the assassin hideout itself. When the machine comes in try to take out all of the foot soldiers then return all your caltrop/cannon bombers and line both roofs with riffle men with the morale you got back from returning your troops.

Maurice_Wijma
11-20-2011, 11:48 PM
Haha, nice to see people doing what I am doing. Just loose the battle. It takes me 2 to 5 minutes to get the den back again. Specially with offensive leaders, those are the easiest.

funkydanial
11-22-2011, 09:10 AM
I tried, tried and tried.. but have only managed to won one of the den defense.. which Yusuf asks us to.. that flame thrower thing just comes and burns away my 10 mins hardwork.. HELL.. i wonder why am i got able to kill those 4 guys who are pushing that tank thing.. :| my all the dens are contested.. I have a ques.. If one of my dens is contested will i get the income from the stores in that region ?

LightRey
11-22-2011, 10:24 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by funkydanial:
I tried, tried and tried.. but have only managed to won one of the den defense.. which Yusuf asks us to.. that flame thrower thing just comes and burns away my 10 mins hardwork.. HELL.. i wonder why am i got able to kill those 4 guys who are pushing that tank thing.. :| my all the dens are contested.. I have a ques.. If one of my dens is contested will i get the income from the stores in that region ? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I believe you do, but buying supplies there is more expensive.

Have you tried looking at this thread (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5251069024/m/2381065369) for help?

jcoyle_hull
11-22-2011, 02:05 PM
I dont get whats so hard i didnt loose one den defense and on everyone i got over 50/60% sync