PDA

View Full Version : New to the game...

EZ_Money
11-29-2011, 07:07 PM
Hi All,

I've just started playing this game (better late than never...) Anyway I've got a couple of questions...
1. I've read that collecting flags is just a waste of time T or F? If not what is to be gained?
2. Should you try & kill all soldiers? If so any upside besides free reign of that territory? Or just play out missions, kill randomly as needed & enjoy the game?

Thanks for the advise... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

EZ_Money
11-29-2011, 07:07 PM
Hi All,

I've just started playing this game (better late than never...) Anyway I've got a couple of questions...
1. I've read that collecting flags is just a waste of time T or F? If not what is to be gained?
2. Should you try & kill all soldiers? If so any upside besides free reign of that territory? Or just play out missions, kill randomly as needed & enjoy the game?

Thanks for the advise... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

Abeonis
11-29-2011, 07:26 PM
It depends which game you're talking about, as a fair few have been released. If you're referring to the original Assassin's Creed then all you get for collecting the flags is an achievement (on Xbox 360; you get sweet F-all on the PS3). If you're playing Brotherhood, then collecting the flags not only gets you an achievement/trophy, but an in-game item.

As for the soldiers, they automatically respawn, so trying to kill all of them is both pointless and impossible.

EZ_Money
11-29-2011, 07:45 PM
Yes your correct I'm talking about the first game on the 360, thanks for info…

AnthonyA85
11-29-2011, 08:33 PM
flags were a waste of time in AC1, you got nothing for collecting them.

As for the soldiers, well, if you mean the 60 teplars, then you don't really get anything for that either (other than the satisfaction of killing them) but if you mean regular gaurds, you can just go and kill them to your heart's content.

Kytr
11-30-2011, 09:37 AM
For AC1, all collecting flags really gets you is the satisfaction of 100% completion. For all other games, there are achievements and in-game rewards for completing the collections.

As for killing the guards, they will respawn for your next session or at dawn or dusk. It can make things easier and can be fun, but it is ultimately pointless to try.

WarpSpeed10
11-30-2011, 08:25 PM
WOAW hold on guys. Your right in saying that collecting all the flags in AC1 just gets you a trophy, but what your forgetting is that it also forces you to explore the entirety of the game. On my first play through, after I could skip the kingdom, I would, always. Collecting flags means you get to explore every last inch of that awesome game. You'll run across little island with a few trees you'd normally just gallop right past, as well as archer encampment inside the old ruins (be wary when you see piles of dead crusaders. A battle lies ahead). There is even a small port in the kingdom I had completely missed on my first play-through. Albeit my favorite area was the enormous Templar camp with the huge pit of doom in the middle... ya, that was an awesome fight.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that there's more to see in the game then the stuff on a direct path to the next memory marker. So go, get the flags, explore. It'll be a more enjoyable experience overall and help break up the monotony of killing 9 guys the same way over and over.

Also, almost all of the guys have stealthy ways you can assassinate them. See if you can find them and get in and out with the least guard interference.

Kytr
12-01-2011, 08:44 AM
Actually the camp with a pit, I like to see if I can clear it without fighting -- it's much harder that way.

I should say that, while you do not have to collect all of the flags in AC1, I do so when I play the game. Also, trying to assassinate the 60 templars without having to fight them is a challenge.