PDA

View Full Version : Ubisoft, maybe some tools for modders?

spectatorx
04-12-2011, 06:07 PM
As all the gamers know, but it look like developers do not know, game's lifetime is longer if it have not only multiplayer but modding scene. I always liked to mod any game i purchased and i still do. Is ubisoft going to please it's customers and give to them some modding tools and bring some configuration files?

Damn, in-game controls configuration makes me sick.

Ubisoft, i got good advice to you: open a bit your brilliant assassin's creed serie and let the customers' do with game more than just only play it, make them feel free.

I think nowadays developers are afraid their customers because good mod would become better and more popular than game itself.

spectatorx
04-12-2011, 06:07 PM
As all the gamers know, but it look like developers do not know, game's lifetime is longer if it have not only multiplayer but modding scene. I always liked to mod any game i purchased and i still do. Is ubisoft going to please it's customers and give to them some modding tools and bring some configuration files?

Damn, in-game controls configuration makes me sick.

Ubisoft, i got good advice to you: open a bit your brilliant assassin's creed serie and let the customers' do with game more than just only play it, make them feel free.

I think nowadays developers are afraid their customers because good mod would become better and more popular than game itself.

phil.llllll
04-12-2011, 08:31 PM
I agree with a lot of your points but let's take a look at the big picture here: three games have been released thus far, each time with fans asking for mod tools, and each time there hasn't been any.

We're lucky at this point that they're still releasing a pc version at all.

Lord_Ethcaz
04-13-2011, 02:03 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by phil.llllll:
We're lucky at this point that they're still releasing a pc version at all. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Lucky, really?
I'd rather have another Red Dead Redemption kinda story. An awesome game that I will never be able to play, only dream about, then this piece of garbage.
Payed [edit:swearing removed] 60 bucks to get a game that doesn't work after the second (1.02) [edit:swearing removed] patch... How is that good? I'd rather have wasted that money on [edit: inappropriate content] , but here I am with a new shiny coaster and no glass to put on it...

ace3001
04-13-2011, 02:24 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by faidh:

I'd rather have another Red Dead Redemption kinda story. An awesome game that I will never be able to play, only dream about, then this piece of garbage </div></BLOCKQUOTE>I hope it's just you. -_-

DarthDeva
04-13-2011, 12:47 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by faidh:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by phil.llllll:
We're lucky at this point that they're still releasing a pc version at all. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Lucky, really?
I'd rather have another Red Dead Redemption kinda story. An awesome game that I will never be able to play, only dream about, then this piece of garbage.
Payed frigging 60 bucks to get a game that doesn't work after the second (1.02) frigging patch... How is that good? I'd rather have wasted that money on drugs and booze, but here I am with a new shiny coaster and no glass to put on it... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Get yourself a console or try games before actually buying them.

Mr_Shade
04-13-2011, 01:06 PM

Lucky, really?
Payed [edit:swearing removed] 60 bucks to get a game that doesn't work after the second (1.02) [edit:swearing removed] patch... How is that good? I'd rather have wasted that money on [edit: inappropriate content] , but here I am with a new shiny coaster and no glass to put on it... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Just a reminder.. This is a E rated forum, so please watch the swearing and drug references...

I thought from your other post you were getting a refund?