View Full Version : Server - War for Fields

Skilia2006
03-28-2007, 07:44 AM
Server War For Fields
4.08m

nStatistics: nhttp://87.240.63.3/il2sc/index.pxp
Team Speak 87.240.63.3 password 87240

The Organization of game:
Purpose: nCapture of territory by capture of air stations of the opponent.
Conditions of capture of air stations:
destruction of 70 % of ground objects on field (fields) and around of them
displayed by a command <targets,
destruction of objects on the others fields is not considered.
Condition of updating of a card (movement of a front line)
1. Destruction of ground objects on one of
and in its affinity,
specified in a briefing (<targets).
Other conditions:
1. On capture of territory of the opponent change of a card is made.

Server new. It would be desirable to make it good. Opinions and offers of pilots on game are very interesting.

if you have ideas concerning this project
or you will find any bugs, please inform me on nilia-sk@mail.ru address.

Skilia2006
03-28-2007, 07:44 AM
Server War For Fields
4.08m

nStatistics: nhttp://87.240.63.3/il2sc/index.pxp
Team Speak 87.240.63.3 password 87240

The Organization of game:
Purpose: nCapture of territory by capture of air stations of the opponent.
Conditions of capture of air stations:
destruction of 70 % of ground objects on field (fields) and around of them
displayed by a command &lt;targets,
destruction of objects on the others fields is not considered.
Condition of updating of a card (movement of a front line)
1. Destruction of ground objects on one of
and in its affinity,
specified in a briefing (&lt;targets).
Other conditions:
1. On capture of territory of the opponent change of a card is made.

Server new. It would be desirable to make it good. Opinions and offers of pilots on game are very interesting.

if you have ideas concerning this project
or you will find any bugs, please inform me on nilia-sk@mail.ru address.

Snodrvr
03-28-2007, 11:38 PM
Well, I just played a couple rounds on your server (by myself sadly.) It's a good concept, but it still needs some improvement.

To start, You need to fix a critical flaw in which after capturing a base and the next map loading, the enemy units are still all around the airfield, and fire at you while you take off. The airfield was under such heavy fire I could barely get into the air. With more people playing, this would mean at least one in three planes being shot down before taking off.

Secondly, Since it respawns the targets from the last mission (Or at least it seemed to) within a minute and half of taking off, I received warning that we were losing units at the field I just took off from. Thirty seconds later, I got warning that team blue had destroyed their targets and the map would change again. Ten seconds after that it displayed the message that red had destroyed their targets and started a second two minute timer.

Besides that, You may want to reduce the scale of the map, Say a total of six or seven airfields rather than twelve because with more people on it's going to kill the server to have to keep changing maps everytime.

You might also consider tying some of the airfields together, so that you have to destroy the targets for both and then only have one map change to take two airfields because basically everytime the map changes, your going to lose most of your players, and judging by my short time there, It's going to change maps every ten minutes.

You need to increase the number of targets needed to capture an airfield, or at least spread them out. I managed to take out all the required targets in one bombing run from 10,000 feet, and the AA at that height was non existant.

Keep up the good work though, once you get the bugs ironed out it has the potential to be a really fun server.

Skilia2006
03-29-2007, 11:53 AM
Many thanks to you that you have found time for testing my project and have informed me on the mistakes found by you in work of a server. Probably these mistakes have appeared together with last updating of the program.
In the near future I shall try to liquidate the mistakes found by you.

As soon as it will be possible to fix it I shall inform in the same theme of a forum.
As to ease of destruction of the purposes on a current card that it is made specially as now attendance of a server is not great. That is at present one pilot can try to take part in the test.
If attendance of a server will increase it is possible to increase the demanded percent and disperse the targets.
Now the main thing to fix the mistakes found out by you.

Once again many thanks.

Snodrvr
03-29-2007, 05:54 PM
Your very welcome, I really love what your trying here and with time I think it could be one of the better servers. Thank you for taking the time to piece it all together.

Skilia2006
03-29-2007, 07:03 PM
Today I with the comrade have tried to test work of a server. We played for a red command.
We have captured two bases of a blue command. Thus the server correctly processed all events. That is any mistakes us it was revealed not. Right at the end of our test we have made attempt of rise from base С16 for attack of city "Керч". Here again we have really found a case which similar you have described. We have found out that base С16 is under fire of the opponent. After finding-out we have understood that fire conducts the enemy ship from city "Керч". Range of its fire exceeds 2 squares of a card. You could not recollect not with a similar problem you have collided at attempt of тesting of our server? Look please a card of a server to the address of
http://87.240.63.3/il2sc/index.php , whether in square C16 you have appeared under fire? If so that I can assume it that the generator of roundes works truly and for fixing a problem to me to remove from a map this ship artillery enough. If you will not manage to recollect this that of anything terrible. I very much hope, that you and in the further can find time still to take part in testing and improvement of my server as such help is extremely necessary for me. I am assured, that only joint efforts will possible to create the interesting project for pilots.

Snodrvr
03-29-2007, 10:59 PM
I believe it was in fact the base between B16 and C16. I apologize for not being more clear in my description of the problems, Rereading my previous post I was far more tired than I thought at the time.

I flew about two or three sorties. The first one rather aimless, and the second one to take out the enemy units I was shot down by on the first one.

This resulted in the capture of C16 and the map reloading.

I made a mistake though, and jumped to the conclusion that it was enemy tanks or AA that was bombing the airfield. I flew a quick search trying to find what was firing, and spotting a column of tanks simply assumed they were the culprit.

In retrospect, I should have put two and two together and realized it was the battleship, particularly since I turned north to take the base at A18 and was shotdown en route by AA fire from the Naval Fleet (The same one that you found was shelling the airfield).

With all the server messages saying the map would end in ten seconds I decided to quit and report what I thought was the error. Perhaps If I had stuck around I would have discovered the flaw in my thinking.

Skilia2006
03-30-2007, 06:47 AM
Now I can assume generator of missions logically works truly and it is possible to start to work on optimization of maps. With your help we have already found one problem site of a card - B16 C16.
Now I can edit this site of a map. I understand that the pleasure received from game in many respects depends on a game card. From planes and the purposes. From quantity of pilots on a card the balance of a map too changes. At present the card was created counting upon small quantity of pilots as attendance of a server is not high yet. The purposes are placed кучно and presence of enough of the soft purposes takes place to facilitate performance of a problem by smaller quantity of starts.
I understand, that creation of an interesting server rather labour-consuming problem, but very interesting process. Also I hope that to me will be possible to make it with your help and by means of other pilots which this project will be interesting.
It is very interesting to know your opinion. My friends (pilots from Russia) prefer cards of east front, and I know, what cards are interesting to them. You could will share ideas proceeding from your experience what maps of fronts (sets of planes, the historical period) first of all can be interesting to your friends to pilots?