PDA

View Full Version : can I get a refund?

StandardAI
04-15-2011, 09:29 AM
I bought this game for the online play, I have spent maybe 30 seconds playing online. I have DMZ forwarded straight to my PC as well as windows firewall off and it STILL doesn't work. The people at gamestop said they don't refund PC games. I get the error message, cannot connect to ubisoft servers. It used to let me but when it did I spent 90% of the time in the menu getting messages saying waiting for other players or whatever. Now I know to pirate these games so it can remove the bloated DRM. I will stick to valve, no firewall settings to change or ports need to be forwarded for me to play valve games online.

StandardAI
04-15-2011, 09:29 AM
I bought this game for the online play, I have spent maybe 30 seconds playing online. I have DMZ forwarded straight to my PC as well as windows firewall off and it STILL doesn't work. The people at gamestop said they don't refund PC games. I get the error message, cannot connect to ubisoft servers. It used to let me but when it did I spent 90% of the time in the menu getting messages saying waiting for other players or whatever. Now I know to pirate these games so it can remove the bloated DRM. I will stick to valve, no firewall settings to change or ports need to be forwarded for me to play valve games online.

Ragmarok99
04-15-2011, 11:56 AM
maybe if you kindly asked the support they would tell you what you needed to do to connect to the ubisoft servers and wich ports to unlock

For ubisoft servers
C:/Windows/System32/drivers/etc.

there the hosts file in there

The main port for the multiplayer is 7917(TCP and UDP) if you don't know how to unlock just ask

if you started asking for the source of the problem isntead of asking for refunds...oh wait... since you are a 1337 h4X0r and know how to hack why didn't you found the root of the problem all by yourself?

StandardAI
04-15-2011, 12:10 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">For ubisoft servers

there the hosts file in there

The main port for the multiplayer is 7917(TCP and UDP) if you don't know how to unlock just ask </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I have DMZ forwarded straight to my PC as well as windows firewall off and it STILL doesn't work. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

DMZ = demilitarized zone, AKA all ports forwarded to one machine. The one I'm trying to play online with.

Ragmarok99
04-15-2011, 12:30 PM
well i said the port because since the last update the main port changed

also can i ask how you unlocked them?

Lord_Ethcaz
04-16-2011, 02:34 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ragmarok99:
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Windows is not UNIX based, so it uses backslashes in addresses http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif C:\windows\system32\drivers\etc
UNIX systems use forward slashes: root/user/home

Just felt like pointing that out...

But on topic: i was asking for a refund aswel. However, Ubisoft is denying all problems with the game and especially that it was broken when we bought it/got broken because of patch 1.02.
They deny everything, because then it's not a software failure and they don't have to refund anything. Scam artists, I tell ya.

Anyway, if you're really serious, you ought to get a lawyer, probably. I'm looking into that right now http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif