PDA

View Full Version : Video card and ram

Mercwolf2
05-11-2007, 09:33 AM
Hi

What video card and memory for the card are you running? I am running the game on my notebook and have a nvidia fx go5200 card with 64 meg of ram and in scenarios with alot of planes it is choppy. Any help will be appreciated.

Mercwolf2
05-11-2007, 09:33 AM
Hi

What video card and memory for the card are you running? I am running the game on my notebook and have a nvidia fx go5200 card with 64 meg of ram and in scenarios with alot of planes it is choppy. Any help will be appreciated.

horseback
05-11-2007, 09:50 AM
How the game runs is not just a matter of video card and its dedicated RAM; this game is very system intensive, and it can push your processor, RAM, and your video card if you crank your settings up too high.

I run it on a 7900GT with 256Mb of video RAM, and 2Gb of system RAM. Of course, I have a desktop with a Duo Core E6600, so I don't get a lot of stutter these days. Every other system I've had short of this one has had its problems running it, though.

cheers

horseback

MaxMhz
05-11-2007, 10:03 AM
IL-2 can bring any system on it's knees. Just keep upping the options and running bigger scenarios and any system will get to a point where it can't handle it anymore. Thank goodness there are a lot of things you can by accepting less eye candy, less planes in the airm less objects etc.
IL-2 is a great way to test every aspect of your system; CPU, RAM, GFX and sound card, Internet connection - you name it - and most of them have settings in-game that can be tweaked.

Mercwolf2
05-11-2007, 10:35 AM
In the graphics settings for water etc is it the higher the number the better quality?

FoolTrottel
05-11-2007, 11:53 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pehi001:
In the graphics settings for water etc is it the higher the number the better quality? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Yes, but, there are limits (mostly 2 or 3 is max)
Water is special, as =1 and =2 are specific for ATI cards, and =3 and =4 for NVidia.

gdfo
05-12-2007, 04:47 AM
Which Nvidia would be the fastest for IL-2 and BOB?

-HH-Quazi
05-12-2007, 07:35 AM
At this moment? It would be the 8800GTX or the 8800 Ultra. Now I've been hearing that the Ultra isn't nowhere near worth the extra $$$ over the GTX as far as performance goes. But when it comes to this sim, I am going to hold judgement until someone gets an 8800 Ultra and shares their bench mark scores.