PDA

View Full Version : Mixture modelling

Shrike_UK
01-04-2005, 09:23 AM
I was wonderring if anyone knows whether there is any fuel mixture modelling done in AEP/PF?. It seems to me there isn't, as when i was trying to run very lean over a very long distance flight, my human companion didnt lean his fuel out and ran out at the same time as me.

Are we likely to get this in BoB?.

Shrike_UK
01-04-2005, 09:23 AM
I was wonderring if anyone knows whether there is any fuel mixture modelling done in AEP/PF?. It seems to me there isn't, as when i was trying to run very lean over a very long distance flight, my human companion didnt lean his fuel out and ran out at the same time as me.

Are we likely to get this in BoB?.

joeap
01-04-2005, 09:50 AM
Well, how high were you flying? It does make a difference, try flying a plane with mixture control too high and you will see black smoke...and have less power until you lean the mixture. Don't know if it makes the plane more fuel efficient though which is what you are asking.

Shrike_UK
01-04-2005, 10:08 AM
me and buddy both in formation at 3000m for about an hour or so, we both had same fuel load, we didnt actually engage anything, it was a boring mission, until i ran outta fuel http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif at same time as my mate. which was a surprise because he was on 80% and i was 40% mix, obviously im pushing more throttle, but to be exactly within a few seconds of each other seems a bit more than co-incidence. the mission needed a 100% fuel and a/c had no drop tanks, so i was trying to lean it out to make it back. didnt work.

Chuck_Older
01-04-2005, 10:21 AM
I beleive the reason is the way the engines were modelled, it wouldn't make a difference

Shrike_UK
01-06-2005, 06:10 AM
reson why i bring this up is because if your limited to a certain amount of fuel, because you have a bombload and your taking off from a carrier, it would be good to have a way of making that 25% fuel last a bit longer other than just cutting the throttle to 40%, is this possible?

Fliger747
01-06-2005, 06:16 AM
This appears to have changed with the patches. Currently the F4U has 'automixture', set at 'Auto Rich', which was used for takeoff (or full rich) combat and climb. In this setting use of ADI (water) caused automatic leaning for best power, as excess fuel was not needed for internal cooling and detonation prevention.

In the original version of the game, manual leaning was used, which was necessary for best power at altitude. I am not aware of an 'autolean' setting in the current version of the game.