PDA

View Full Version : Campaign Question - Mission success

GvSAP_Wingnut
11-28-2004, 08:08 PM
Tried to do a search on this, but search apparently isn't working.

I'm on about my 15th mission in a USN campaign. I have "no instant success" checked off (which should mean instant success).

Last mission I got clipped and had to bail, got captured. Quit the mission and my only option was to refly. I was rammed from behind when trying to land on a carrier and was blown to bits - my only option was to refly.

I prefer to fly "dead is dead" offline (well ok a mulligan here or there). The squadron roster shows who had died or is missing, etc... but I can't (die). It seems rather anti-climatic to just escape to the main menu after many hours without a fitting "end" to a career - or am I missing something?

GvSAP_Wingnut
11-28-2004, 08:08 PM
Tried to do a search on this, but search apparently isn't working.

I'm on about my 15th mission in a USN campaign. I have "no instant success" checked off (which should mean instant success).

Last mission I got clipped and had to bail, got captured. Quit the mission and my only option was to refly. I was rammed from behind when trying to land on a carrier and was blown to bits - my only option was to refly.

I prefer to fly "dead is dead" offline (well ok a mulligan here or there). The squadron roster shows who had died or is missing, etc... but I can't (die). It seems rather anti-climatic to just escape to the main menu after many hours without a fitting "end" to a career - or am I missing something?

deltorro
11-28-2004, 10:15 PM
You can't virtually die. Once your dead, you can refly, or delete the Dead campaign.

If you want more you can always have a copy of TAPS on hand and throw some Vicks in your eye....

I think the best "hey your dead" ending was in Red Baron by Sierra. It would show a newspaper clipping and say something like "The death of Umptiscrunch was morned by blah blah blah" The artcile would say different stuff depending on how famous you were.

GvSAP_Wingnut
11-29-2004, 04:29 PM
Yep, many an hour spent on and offline with Red Baron - original and 3d. The little video clips when you were awarded, promoted, captured, etc added something to the game - I wish IL2 had it.

Maybe my Purple Heart is in the mail http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif