PDA

View Full Version : PC: System Requirements?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7

Ukkic
09-12-2006, 10:26 PM
Is there a thread about this anywhere? I just wanted to see if anyone had any ideas what the requirements would be.
I wanted to figure out how much I will need to upgrade my computer.

sorry if this is a repeat, I couldn't find anything current in the search.

Ukkic
09-12-2006, 10:26 PM
Is there a thread about this anywhere? I just wanted to see if anyone had any ideas what the requirements would be.

sorry if this is a repeat, I couldn't find anything current in the search.

etothevizzle
09-12-2006, 10:28 PM
hey not sure since they are styill developing it...im not computer expert but you will probably need the equivalent or possibly more high tech than oblivion if you have played that on ur pc...

JN006
09-12-2006, 10:32 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by etothevizzle:
hey not sure since they are styill developing it...im not computer expert but you will probably need the equivalent or possibly more high tech than oblivion if you have played that on ur pc... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'd say more than Oblivion too!

Ukkic
09-13-2006, 07:05 AM
ya that was my guess, I have Oblivion, but have to run it at low resolutions, so I figure that I will need to up my video card (from 256), and maybe even my ram.
well, thanks for the input.

H_Eagle
09-13-2006, 08:16 AM
I think I can run this, yay! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif I can run Oblivion on high so... yay! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

FableB
09-13-2006, 01:55 PM
What's your PC's specs H_Eagle, please?

OH_DragonBoy
09-13-2006, 03:19 PM
Again, this is too early to tell. We're too many months early of the game's planned launch (which will likely be delayed regardless), and so the devs will likely reveal the specs (although I doubt they're even finalized yet) at the last minute.

IoNoobMaster
09-15-2006, 02:22 AM
Well jujing by the screenshots I would say it needs:
3,5GB procesor
512mb video card on PCI expres
1-2GB RAM
and it wil use up to 5-6GB of HARD disk
But still it's just my gues.
(hope I'm wright http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/winky.gif)

Ancient-Prince
09-15-2006, 04:02 AM
I think that system will handle Assassins Creed at maxed out settings IoNoobMaster... or at least I hope.

I mean I just rigged my PC with a dual core 4200+ CPU (its like 4.2Ghz CPU), an ATi X1900XTX (which is 512Mb) and 2 Gigs of RAM. If I couldnt run AC at maxed out settings, Im gonna be really pissed! I spent a fortune on my new PC, and I expect next gen games such as AC to work with no slowdowns whatsoever.

PCs are expensive to rig, but if once you spend a good amount on one, the graphics quality of the games you play on it will beat the living daylights out of any console out there! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

yavanna_1986
09-15-2006, 06:37 AM
It's too early. But we will find out before the game is out, so don't worry about it.
Although I know for sure that I am going to need a new PC just to play this game.

H_Eagle
09-15-2006, 11:17 AM
I bought a new pc like 8/9 months ago, at that time I had all 3 PoP games on ps2 because my pc was too bad before. The only problem for me might be my processor (3 ghz) and ram (1 gb). But I will upgrade my ram soon I think.

JN006
09-15-2006, 08:49 PM
A safe bet would be to get one of the best computer out NOW (I.E. 2 X Xeon-3,4ghz, 2gig ram, 512mb videocard), and it might ended up to be the specs of AC at release, again like OH_DragonBoy said earlier, if it's not delayed.

Guessing the specs would be like guessing what the standard technology is going to be in a year or so... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/compsmash.gif Pick a console instead... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

Vey03
09-18-2006, 04:49 AM
I am so gonna need to start saving up...my computer at the moment might be just that much not enough http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

FableB
09-18-2006, 02:12 PM
I don't think Processers are much involved in gaming, believe it or not, I still run my PC on a 1.7 ghz processor and I have no problem, well, at least not yet. I can run Blood Money at high quality, and some other good games.

The two important parts in a gaming PC are the graphics card and the RAM. I have a 256 graphics card and 1GB RAM. I believe I can run AC on minimum specs...or maybe medium...

DarkPrince_745
09-19-2006, 09:47 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ancient-Prince:
I think that system will handle Assassins Creed at maxed out settings IoNoobMaster... or at least I hope.

I mean I just rigged my PC with a dual core 4200+ CPU (its like 4.2Ghz CPU), an ATi X1900XTX (which is 512Mb) and 2 Gigs of RAM. If I couldnt run AC at maxed out settings, Im gonna be really pissed! I spent a fortune on my new PC, and I expect next gen games such as AC to work with no slowdowns whatsoever.

PCs are expensive to rig, but if once you spend a good amount on one, the graphics quality of the games you play on it will beat the living daylights out of any console out there! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I have the same PC specs so I guess I should be able to run AC with no problem at maximum settings http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Teh_Assassin
09-23-2006, 02:44 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ukkic:

sorry if this is a repeat, I couldn't find anything current in the search. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

if ur comp can run Oblivion, it can probably run this game.

SpiderFreak
09-23-2006, 04:15 PM
Honestly, it probably won't be that much. I'd guess it will be similar to Chaos Theory in comparison to other games coming out at that time. Just a guess:

2.4 GHz CPU
1GB of RAM
128 MB DirectX 9 Graphics Card (GeForce 6800 or Radeon X800 card or higher)
5GB Disk Space

If you can run Oblivion well on medium-high settings, you'll probably be running this fine on high settings. Could be wrong, but that's what I'd assume.

SF

etothevizzle
09-23-2006, 05:55 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SpiderFreak:
Honestly, it probably won't be that much. I'd guess it will be similar to Chaos Theory in comparison to other games coming out at that time. Just a guess:

2.4 GHz CPU
1GB of RAM
5GB Disk Space

If you can run Oblivion well on medium-high settings, you'll probably be running this fine on high settings. Could be wrong, but that's what I'd assume.

SF </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

no this game will undoubtetly need more than the capabilities to run oblivion...even JN006 said

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JN006
Originally posted by etothevizzle:
hey not sure since they are styill developing it...im not computer expert but you will probably need the equivalent or possibly more high tech than oblivion if you have played that on ur pc...

I'd say more than Oblivion too! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

and he is working on the project...so id assume having the componets to play oblivion on high should be a minimum for AC

SpiderFreak
09-23-2006, 06:27 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by etothevizzle:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SpiderFreak:

2.4 GHz CPU
1GB of RAM
5GB Disk Space

SF </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

no this game will undoubtetly need more than the capabilities to run oblivion...even JN006 said

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JN006
Originally posted by etothevizzle:

and he is working on the project...so id assume having the componets to play oblivion on high should be a minimum for AC </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He's working on the project and he signed up 26 days ago?

I'm new to these forums, so if he's a known Ubi dev, then I apologise, but unless he's a newbie to Ubisost then I'd have trouble believing he finally got around to making an account on Ubi.com 26 days ago.

And I just really don't see AC having any higher requirements than Oblivion. I mean, the graphics really are amazing, but...I just don't see them being a problem at all for someone with a decent computer. I'd imagine someone with 1.5 GB of RAM, a 3GHz CPU and an X1800XT running this silky smooth (60 FPS+) at 1280x1024 with 4xAA and 8xAF.

SF

etothevizzle
09-23-2006, 08:10 PM
yeah im not so hot with computers since i never play games on my computer...well i have but they are games from the 90's...classic adventure games that take up no space at all...im strictly console only so i wouldnt know, but shouldnt this take up lots more than oblivion besides the graphics? i mean having the continous travel throughout 3 cities without loading (my speculation, i dont know if it is loading free, but i wll assume it is) and having the thousands of NPC's with their own AI individually running all at once should really take a lot more than oblivion since all AI basically had their own linear paths...also the developers all talk about how they just create the buildings and the specialized engine running the game is reading every inch of the world during the game and specifying if it is interactive...yeah that happens in game so they dont have to map it out before hand...so i would imagine it would take more than oblivion

wormgerm
09-23-2006, 10:04 PM
specs are

an xbox360 http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

JN006
09-24-2006, 01:43 AM

[...], but shouldnt this take up lots more than oblivion besides the graphics? i mean having the continous travel throughout 3 cities without loading (my speculation, i dont know if it is loading free, but i wll assume it is) and having the thousands of NPC's with their own AI individually running all at once should really take a lot more than oblivion since all AI basically had their own linear paths...also the developers all talk about how they just create the buildings and the specialized engine running the game is reading every inch of the world during the game and specifying if it is interactive...yeah that happens in game so they dont have to map it out before hand...so i would imagine it would take more than oblivion </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/agreepost.gifMore Than Oblivion, More Than Oblivion, More Than Oblivion, More Than Oblivion http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/agreepost.gif

I'm new to these forums, so if he's a known Ubi dev, then I apologise, but unless he's a newbie to Ubisoft then I'd have trouble believing he finally got around to making an account on Ubi.com 26 days ago.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You seem to pretend that it's part of the developper's responsibility to subscribe to the forums of their games/companies... Some do and some just don't give a $?&*. Some employee are there for years without ever registering to their game forums/company on-line community whatsoever...
Trust me on that one!

The bull$hitter still love you though! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

SpiderFreak
09-24-2006, 03:35 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JN006:

[...], but shouldnt this take up lots more than oblivion besides the graphics? i mean having the continous travel throughout 3 cities without loading (my speculation, i dont know if it is loading free, but i wll assume it is) and having the thousands of NPC's with their own AI individually running all at once should really take a lot more than oblivion since all AI basically had their own linear paths...also the developers all talk about how they just create the buildings and the specialized engine running the game is reading every inch of the world during the game and specifying if it is interactive...yeah that happens in game so they dont have to map it out before hand...so i would imagine it would take more than oblivion </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/agreepost.gifMore Than Oblivion, More Than Oblivion, More Than Oblivion, More Than Oblivion http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/agreepost.gif

I'm new to these forums, so if he's a known Ubi dev, then I apologise, but unless he's a newbie to Ubisoft then I'd have trouble believing he finally got around to making an account on Ubi.com 26 days ago.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You seem to pretend that it's part of the developper's responsibility to subscribe to the forums of their games/companies... Some do and some just don't give a $?&*. Some employee are there for years without ever registering to their game forums/company on-line community whatsoever...
Trust me on that one!

The bull$hitter still love you though! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, most developers who ever become a part of the community do so early on.

One thing I'd like to know, though, is are you saying "more than Oblivion" from actual knowledge of how much horsepower the engine needs, or just a guess at how much it'll need? Because, yes, this game (I think) doesn't have loading times and stuff, but the reason Oblivion was so punishing on almost every system was because of just how much stuff it had to do. With around 16 square miles of land to explore, and all the different people your CPU had to deal with, it takes a beefy computer to keep up. And, again, while the graphics in AC are beautiful, and I'm sure the crowds do tax your CPU quite a bit, I just don't see it being at the same level as Oblivion. Hey, I could be wrong, that's just what I think.

SF

JN006
09-24-2006, 05:40 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JN006:

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Trust me on that one!

The bull$hitter still love you though! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

One thing I'd like to know, though, is are you saying "more than Oblivion" from actual knowledge of how much horsepower the engine needs, or just a guess at how much it'll need? Because, yes, this game (I think) doesn't have loading times and stuff, but the reason Oblivion was so punishing on almost every system was because of just how much stuff it had to do. With around 16 square miles of land to explore, and all the different people your CPU had to deal with, it takes a beefy computer to keep up. And, again, while the graphics in AC are beautiful, and I'm sure the crowds do tax your CPU quite a bit, I just don't see it being at the same level as Oblivion. Hey, I could be wrong, that's just what I think.

SF </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Where have you got this info from, is this your personal opinion?
Are you working in the videogame industry?
If so, please do a little test at your company on how many people are active registered users of the forums of their game/company.
I'd say that not even 15% of the peeps working at a major studio, for example Ubisoft, are active registered members on forums.
So your "most developers who ever become a part of the community do so early on" theory is, in my op, bullcrap!
One thing though, I don€t care that you believe me or not! You can think what ever you want and that€s the beauty of the thing! Thanks Forums http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

Regarding Oblivion now:

As per Legendary_111, gameplay footage is hitting the web after X06. Therefore, pick two screens of Oblivion and AC and compare the graphics.
Day and Night in my opinion!
I have Oblivion on my X360 and I play AC everyday, plus as a passionate videogame player since my young age: I HAVE NEVER SEEN A GAME LOOKING THAT GOOD!
A whole lot more details and quality environment, no low-rez look that can be spotted, here and there, in Oblivion. That€s kind of rough on a system!
AI in Oblivion is miles away from what you can expect in AC, again, rough on a computer. Don€t think that AC is a 100 square meter game€¦ So why would it require less than a game that already hit the market months ago€¦?!

Have a look at Legendary_111€s post (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5251069024/m/5271063484) when he got back from IGDA€s meeting last week and see how enthusiasm he is with some 8 months old videos, originally shown at GDC. I€m sorry but this is the new-gen of game here!!! Nothing to do with last-gen games and first next-gen ones! I guess Jade was clear enough on that point all the way through the process.

Again, I respect your opinion. I personally think that GRAW is better looking than Oblivion, since I€m more of a graphics and realism oriented person. I€m not asking anyone to share this personal point of view€¦ Gamespot do share my point of view about this and that€s enough for me!

GRAW graphics won a 10 on Gamespot (http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/action/tomclancysghostrecon3/review.html)

Oblivion's graphics won a 9 Gamespot (http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/rpg/theelderscrollsivoblivion/review.html)

Just to make sure I don€t get flame by anyone. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/touche.gif
I do found Oblivion nice looking.
I€ve never said that Oblivion was not good, nor that it is a nice looking game.
I enjoyed playin Oblivion, even though, I have not finished the game yet! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/1072.gif
I have not said that this game will not be playable at full-rez on any computer. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/compsmash.gif
All I said (twice), is that I think it€ll need a better computer to run this game at high, than a computer that runs Oblivion at high€¦ Period. And I think that some fellows members share the same opinion I do!

Love you all! Peace!

etothevizzle
09-24-2006, 06:17 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/agreepost.gif even though im just a civilian out here (one that has read every single preview and bti of info available about AC) and my opinion isnt the most important, i agree with you JN006!

JN006
09-24-2006, 06:24 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/agreepost.gif even though im just a civilian out here (one that has read every single preview and bti of info available about AC) and my opinion isnt the most important, i agree with you JN006! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Some support brother!! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif Pray the lord! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/11.gif

SpiderFreak
09-24-2006, 08:27 PM

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Trust me on that one!

SF </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Where have you got this info from, is this your personal opinion?
Are you working in the videogame industry?
If so, please do a little test at your company on how many people are active registered users of the forums of their game/company.
I'd say that not even 15% of the peeps working at a major studio, for example Ubisoft, are active registered members on forums.
So your "most developers who ever become a part of the community do so early on" theory is, in my op, bullcrap!
One thing though, I don€t care that you believe me or not! You can think what ever you want and that€s the beauty of the thing! Thanks Forums http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

Regarding Oblivion now:

As per Legendary_111, gameplay footage is hitting the web after X06. Therefore, pick two screens of Oblivion and AC and compare the graphics.
Day and Night in my opinion!
I have Oblivion on my X360 and I play AC everyday, plus as a passionate videogame player since my young age: I HAVE NEVER SEEN A GAME LOOKING THAT GOOD!
A whole lot more details and quality environment, no low-rez look that can be spotted, here and there, in Oblivion. That€s kind of rough on a system!
AI in Oblivion is miles away from what you can expect in AC, again, rough on a computer. Don€t think that AC is a 100 square meter game€¦ So why would it require less than a game that already hit the market months ago€¦?!

Have a look at Legendary_111€s post (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5251069024/m/5271063484) when he got back from IGDA€s meeting last week and see how enthusiasm he is with some 8 months old videos, originally shown at GDC. I€m sorry but this is the new-gen of game here!!! Nothing to do with last-gen games and first next-gen ones! I guess Jade was clear enough on that point all the way through the process.

Again, I respect your opinion. I personally think that GRAW is better looking than Oblivion, since I€m more of a graphics and realism oriented person. I€m not asking anyone to share this personal point of view€¦ Gamespot do share my point of view about this and that€s enough for me!

GRAW graphics won a 10 on Gamespot (http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/action/tomclancysghostrecon3/review.html)

Oblivion's graphics won a 9 Gamespot (http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/rpg/theelderscrollsivoblivion/review.html)

Just to make sure I don€t get flame by anyone. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/touche.gif
I do found Oblivion nice looking.
I€ve never said that Oblivion was not good, nor that it is a nice looking game.
I enjoyed playin Oblivion, even though, I have not finished the game yet! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/1072.gif
I have not said that this game will not be playable at full-rez on any computer. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/compsmash.gif
All I said (twice), is that I think it€ll need a better computer to run this game at high, than a computer that runs Oblivion at high€¦ Period. And I think that some fellows members share the same opinion I do!

Love you all! Peace! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Personal opinion from seeing actual devs in their communities.

I wasn't saying that a LOT of devs do it, anyway. Most devs don't. I just said that most of the people who WOULD actually do it do it earlier rather than later. If you do work for Ubisoft and only recently joined, then I would 100% believe you. But if you've been with them for a while, I just don't see why you'd suddenly decide "Hey, I'm going to make an account on Ubi.com!" I'm willing to take your word for it that you're an Ubi dev, but I was just stating my confusion at a dev who actually did decide to be a part of the community doing so at this time.

I agree with you, the graphics are better. Honestly, I don't think Oblivion has THAT great of graphics, but that's not really the point here. The point is how taxing the engine is on a computer. For instance, I personally think FEAR looks much better than Oblivion. However, I get good framerates in FEAR with almost max graphics on a resolution of 1024x768 (it wouldn't let me make it any higher). In Oblivion, even on the same resolution (I ussually play games in 1280x1024, but I first played Oblivion at 1024x768), I was getting around 20-25 FPS outside before I made any optimizations. Why? Because the engine was programmed differently. It was probably not as well optimized, and had to deal with a lot of things FEAR didn't.

You're almost acting like I'm trying to put down Assassin's Creed. I'm not. Matter of fact, I'm pretty much complimenting it and the people making it. I'm saying it's probably going to have a lower minimum requirements than Oblivion, which would be a very good thing. Again, I could be wrong, but in my opinion it looks like it would be less taxing on a system than Oblivion.

BTW, might I ask your role in Ubisoft? I'm planning on becoming a concept artist for video games, and if you were an artist just wanted to ask you a few questions.

SF

JN006
09-24-2006, 09:17 PM

Personal opinion from seeing actual devs in their communities.

I wasn't saying that a LOT of devs do it, anyway. Most devs don't. I just said that most of the people who WOULD actually do it do it earlier rather than later. If you do work for Ubisoft and only recently joined, then I would 100% believe you. But if you've been with them for a while, I just don't see why you'd suddenly decide "Hey, I'm going to make an account on Ubi.com!" I'm willing to take your word for it that you're an Ubi dev, but I was just stating my confusion at a dev who actually did decide to be a part of the community doing so at this time.

I agree with you, the graphics are better. Honestly, I don't think Oblivion has THAT great of graphics, but that's not really the point here. The point is how taxing the engine is on a computer. For instance, I personally think FEAR looks much better than Oblivion. However, I get good framerates in FEAR with almost max graphics on a resolution of 1024x768 (it wouldn't let me make it any higher). In Oblivion, even on the same resolution (I ussually play games in 1280x1024, but I first played Oblivion at 1024x768), I was getting around 20-25 FPS outside before I made any optimizations. Why? Because the engine was programmed differently. It was probably not as well optimized, and had to deal with a lot of things FEAR didn't.

You're almost acting like I'm trying to put down Assassin's Creed. I'm not. Matter of fact, I'm pretty much complimenting it and the people making it. I'm saying it's probably going to have a lower minimum requirements than Oblivion, which would be a very good thing. Again, I could be wrong, but in my opinion it looks like it would be less taxing on a system than Oblivion.

BTW, might I ask your role in Ubisoft? I'm planning on becoming a concept artist for video games, and if you were an artist just wanted to ask you a few questions.

SF </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I€m not that new at Ubisoft. I€ve been checking the forums of AC for quite a while before I first post a topic that offers members more information in a total legal way.
You understand that I€m not allowed in any way to give any hint about this game I€m working on.
I got on AC for the production phase. I was not in the conception and pre-prod phase of the game, therefore, not on this project for 2 years or so like many artists on this project.

Ubisoft already volunteered the information that the game is using a brand new in-house engine that offers a lot of possibilities. A next-gen game engine.
I not too much of a tech wiz but this might have an effect on the standard requirement of a game like AC?
We both agree that this game is more kick *** graphically and the AI is very interesting.
Therefore, all the aspect point toward a higher standard requirement then the current next-gen games, in my op! Again, I respect yours on all points!

First, let me apologize if I, in any way, pretend that you were downgrading AC€s content. I€m not quit sure how but that was certainly not my goal.
I hope as much peoples as possible can play this game as well. Again all I was saying was that I personally think that it would require more than actual games.
Plus most of my posts were short saying only:€ more than Oblivion€.

The beauty about this is that, we€ll only know at release so no need to flame each other for that.

I am a 3d modeler, working on the architectural elements of the game.

I€d be pleased to answer your questions, the best I can, regarding the industry at large, so feel free to PM me with your questions since this is not too much the purpose of this forum. You might found some answers at another topic I participated. Click me (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5251069024/m/4011065974)

My posts are going to be rarer as this is getting out of proportion. I get quote saying stuff and some people take my position on the project as a selling argument.
I came to the forum as a spectator to get you guys€ point of view and concerns, then one day I decided to post something that some members might found interesting. Since then, I post more frequently on all sorts of topics.
I have been chatting with UbiRazz, outside of the forum, for quite a while and he wouldn€t let any imposter pretend they€re working at Ubisoft posting over and over in his forums!

Cheers!
AC ROCKS!

SpiderFreak
09-24-2006, 10:30 PM
I€m not that new at Ubisoft. I€ve been checking the forums of AC for quite a while before I first post a topic that offers members more information in a total legal way.
You understand that I€m not allowed in any way to give any hint about this game I€m working on.
I got on AC for the production phase. I was not in the conception and pre-prod phase of the game, therefore, not on this project for 2 years or so like many artists on this project.

Ubisoft already volunteered the information that the game is using a brand new in-house engine that offers a lot of possibilities. A next-gen game engine.
I not too much of a tech wiz but this might have an effect on the standard requirement of a game like AC?
We both agree that this game is more kick *** graphically and the AI is very interesting.
Therefore, all the aspect point toward a higher standard requirement then the current next-gen games, in my op! Again, I respect yours on all points!

First, let me apologize if I, in any way, pretend that you were downgrading AC€s content. I€m not quit sure how but that was certainly not my goal.
I hope as much peoples as possible can play this game as well. Again all I was saying was that I personally think that it would require more than actual games.
Plus most of my posts were short saying only:€ more than Oblivion€.

The beauty about this is that, we€ll only know at release so no need to flame each other for that.

I am a 3d modeler, working on the architectural elements of the game.

I€d be pleased to answer your questions, the best I can, regarding the industry at large, so feel free to PM me with your questions since this is not too much the purpose of this forum. You might found some answers at another topic I participated. Click me (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5251069024/m/4011065974)

My posts are going to be rarer as this is getting out of proportion. I get quote saying stuff and some people take my position on the project as a selling argument.
I came to the forum as a spectator to get you guys€ point of view and concerns, then one day I decided to post something that some members might found interesting. Since then, I post more frequently on all sorts of topics.
I have been chatting with UbiRazz, outside of the forum, for quite a while and he wouldn€t let any imposter pretend they€re working at Ubisoft posting over and over in his forums!

Cheers!
AC ROCKS! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm sorry if I at all offended you in my questioning of the truth in whether you worked for Ubisoft or not. I just found it odd that someone who would bother to join the forums (which I commend you for) would do it so late. I hope you can see where I was coming from, being new to this forum myself.

OK, I'll just go ahead and again give you the benefit of the doubt that the game will have a slightly higher minimum requirement than Obliivon. I'm just going by screenshots, videos, and my own personal experience with computers, and my opinion from those would be that it would be at least slightly less demanding than Oblivion. But hey, you're the game developer, not me.

I'm sorry if I seemed to look too much into what you said, and I wouldn't want to "scare you off" by trying to twist what you're saying. I just first didn't know if you actually were a dev, and didn't think that AC would have higher requirements than Oblivion.

Please accept my apologies.

SF

UnaUuru
09-24-2006, 10:43 PM
My posts are going to be rarer as this is getting out of proportion. I get quote saying stuff and some people take my position on the project as a selling argument. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Whoever does this needs to die http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_mad.gif There isn't enough comminication between game devs and game players.

JN006
09-24-2006, 10:46 PM
I'm sorry if I at all offended you in my questioning of the truth in whether you worked for Ubisoft or not. I just found it odd that someone who would bother to join the forums (which I commend you for) would do it so late. I hope you can see where I was coming from, being new to this forum myself.

OK, I'll just go ahead and again give you the benefit of the doubt that the game will have a slightly higher minimum requirement than Obliivon. I'm just going by screenshots, videos, and my own personal experience with computers, and my opinion from those would be that it would be at least slightly less demanding than Oblivion. But hey, you're the game developer, not me.

I'm sorry if I seemed to look too much into what you said, and I wouldn't want to "scare you off" by trying to twist what you're saying. I just first didn't know if you actually were a dev, and didn't think that AC would have higher requirements than Oblivion.

Please accept my apologies.

SF </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No need to be sorry.
You expressed your opinion and did it in a kindly manner. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif
We both didn€t agree with each other point of view and we had a civilized debate.
Apologize accepted as long as mine are accepted too€¦ http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/touche.gif

As a final statement about this:
I have no clue about the EXACT requirement. This was my personal opinion based on maybe a little more than only videos and screens, but still only an opinion. You might be right at the end and we€ll only know in months, so stay tunes folks.

I€m an artist modeler and do not participate in the dev of the engine. This is not my field of action.
With all the known facts listed in the first topic of this forums, I just can't imagine that it would require less than an actual game on the market. But€¦ MAYBE!

Keep in touch!
Cheers!

katz_bg
09-24-2006, 11:56 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by IoNoobMaster:
Well jujing by the screenshots I would say it needs:
3,5GB procesor
512mb video card on PCI expres
1-2GB RAM
and it wil use up to 5-6GB of HARD disk
But still it's just my gues.
(hope I'm wright http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/winky.gif) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
LOL http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/34.gif a 3.5GB processor http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif
I've never heard of a PC processor with more than 2MB cache and you specify 3.5GB

No doubt the requirements will be high (probably cheaper to get a PS3 than a PC that runs it perfectly).

And the fact the game will come for the PS3 makes me think it won't come out before the console does in Europe (delayed to March 2007).

tomiax
01-03-2007, 12:14 PM
damn,I think I will need to buy new PC or play AC on minimum graphics http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/compsmash.gif

IST_tharok
01-06-2007, 04:01 AM
I personally think that there we have to think just in a word: optimization.
In the last year I have seen a lot of games that get out to shops practically without get finished to drown users later with tons of patches...

If Ubi release AC well finished, with full dual core support and a clean and optimized code, it will fall down the sys reqs.

PD: Sorry if my english is not so good ^^U

Red_Mercury901
01-14-2007, 06:44 AM
I agree with Tharok. Take the Unreal Engine/s for example, they make a big difference to the specs needed to run the game.<div class="ev_tpc_signature">

Behind this mask is more than flesh; behind this mask is an idea, Mr. Credee, and ideas are bulletproof - V for Vendetta
One could spend one's entire life searching for the perfect blossom, and it would not be a life wasted.
Give a man fire and he will be warm for the night, set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

mouzer29
01-14-2007, 10:00 AM
I am new to these Forums and also new in the world of Gaming... But Why do you compare Oblivion to AC? I Own Oblivion and its good but I would compare AC to Dark Messiah.
1. Its Ubisoft
2. Dark Messiah uses Steam Engie but needs alot of spec.

I think SpiderFreak is right with his specifications with a higher G Card http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif
Well looking fwd 4 d game

Jade_Samurai
01-14-2007, 04:24 PM
well, this is all well and good right. But so far NOTHING has told me that its on PC. there has been countless forum topics of "Will it be on PC?" "AC = PC?"
also, I would just like to say, that even though I got a new computer JUST for oblivion when it came out, oblivion was made poorly, sure it is a fantastic game with great Gfx, MOST computers at the time found it hard to run, low-medium is most of what I know of.
Assassins Creed is looking breath taking right now, but even so, the specs to run oblivion on medium-low should be enough to run this on medium-low.
the CPU is going to be a major factor with the AI.<div class="ev_tpc_signature">

http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/5350/asscreedsigmd9.jpg
One who knows his path, is stuck to it.

Avenger1324
01-16-2007, 07:32 AM
I can run Oblivion at max on my PC which isn't exactly amazing and over 3 years old (before new gfx card + more ram!)
AMD Athlon XP 3000+ (2.2GHz)
X1600 Pro (512MB) AGP
2 Gb DDR RAM

I don't expect to run AC at max settings, but if it can run it well at medium settings I'll be content.

CPU power doesn't seem to be as much of an influence as to what your PC can run as it used to be 4-5 years ago when AMD & Intel were going at each other to get the fastest chip speeds. Now with Intel going Core Duo the speed of the chips has fallen significantly. While performance may be better for tasks that can use the new architecture, are games designers going to write specifically for it when they know most people don't have it?

theSpyGuy150
01-16-2007, 10:53 PM
I have a question about the NPC's:

Are all of the NPC's permanently around with their houses and stuff like Oblivion?
Or are they just nameless people that walk around, then disappear when you lose sight of them, to be replaced by more which spawn later? Like in Grand Theft Auto (except with much better AI obviously).

If it's like Oblivion with the NPC's then it would probably be a lot harder to run, but if it's like Grand Theft Auto it will be easier to run, but still pretty hard, because of all of the characters on-screen, even if they are just randomly generated.

Hopefully if they do just randomly appear it won't be like The Godfather, where cars and people appear out of the blue a few meters away, even though the game appears to have really good draw distance.<div class="ev_tpc_signature">

http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/sf/type/2/angelqueen.png (http://profile.xfire.com/angelqueen)

DjGuZ
04-01-2007, 09:15 PM
This Game Has Amazing Graphics, i think that the graphics are similar to Call Of Juarez,
But i would say that the minimum sys. requirements would be: P4 3.0ghz or Amd Athlon 3000mhz - 1.5Ram - Video Card: GeForce 7300GT or Ati x1800. And the recommended sys. req.:
Intel Core Duo 4.0ghz or Amd Athlon 4000mhz - 2.5 ram - Video Card: GeForce 7800GT or Ati x1900.

Supported Video Cards:
GeForce - 7300GT/7500/7600/7800/7900/8800
Ati - x1700/x1800/x1900/x1950

====(I Think that This Game would need these requirements, but this is my opinion, these are not the official requirements, as I said, its my opinion)==== http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/typing.gif

wcyee26
04-06-2007, 08:42 AM
Intel Pentium 4 2.4Ghz
768Mb RAM
Geforce 6200(256mb)

Althought my cpu is not good enough,but anyone think that can I run this game at the minimum settings?

andy276
04-06-2007, 11:14 AM
since when does 6200 have 256MB? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif

LiTos456
04-06-2007, 11:57 AM
oh well i dont think ill be able to run AC on mu PC. its either i try to upgrade it or its either i shud buy an xbox 360. there is one x360 on ebay for like 110 bucks ending in a few mins but my dad wont let me, and why shud i buy it right now, ill see what happens when AC is released.

wcyee26
04-07-2007, 12:22 AM
6200 do have 256mb,can 6600 run this game?

LiTos456
04-07-2007, 07:59 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by wcyee26:
6200 do have 256mb,can 6600 run this game? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

im not sure. as what JN-whatever said the game will need better graphics than oblivion. if u have to run oblivion on 6600 you might not be able to run it... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

DjGuZ
04-08-2007, 07:57 AM
I Have a AMD Athlon +2600 - GeForce 5200 (Agp 256mb)- 768Ram.

I Will Maybe Buy More Ram, but i Will Definitly Buy a New Graphics Card.
I Use Agp, What it's better for you ?:

Nvidia GeForce 7600GS (256mb) or Shappire Ati x1650PRO (512mb) ?¿? Dont compare it with another Graphics cards, just tell me, what card is better.. [[It Costs The Same]]

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif I hear Responses http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/winky.gif

knife_X
04-08-2007, 09:26 AM
Just they dont make it as SC: DA witch is a great game but no matter what PC you have there will be lag on that game!

I can run R6 Vegas on high same with Oblivion and yes this game will probably take hell of a lot more then Oblivion!

LiTos456
04-08-2007, 10:44 AM
im probably gonna get ATI Radeon X1600 PRO AGP 512MB tomorrow. i hope it can run it! i have 3 ghz and 1 gig ram. you think it will be good?

DjGuZ
04-08-2007, 03:14 PM
I Don't Know, i Think that with a Ati x1600Pro Agp 512 you'll be able to run it, and with your system requirements too, but im not too sure !

Hey LiTos456 Where are you From ??

wcyee26
04-09-2007, 01:51 AM
Hey djguz,when u buy your cpu the time,is that your ram is 256mb?I wonder that are u add a 512mb RAM card on your mainboard?Where is your from?I wanna know that what is the price of Geforce 7600(AGP) at your country?

Benny_1
04-10-2007, 08:16 AM
The recommended CPU will be any dual core I think. This game will probably have same (or better) system requirements as Crysis. Crysis system requirements are:

Minimum Requirements

CPU: Athlon 64 3000+/Intel 2.8ghz
Graphics: Nvidia 6600/X800GTO (SM 2.0)
RAM: 768Mb/1Gb on Windows Vista
HDD: 6GB
Internet: 256k+
Optical Drive: DVD
Software: DX9.0c with Windows XP

Recommended Requirements

CPU: Dual-core CPU (Athlon X2/Pentium D)
Graphics: Nvidia 7800GTX/ATI X1800XT (SM 3.0) or DX10 equivalent
RAM: 1.5Gb
Internet: 512k+ (128k+ upstream)
Software: DX10 with Windows Vista

AC will probably be less demanding on GFX card and more demanding on CPU. Since it seems as AC will have an insane AI. (Better AI than Crysis obviously)

ryukoken69
04-10-2007, 09:10 AM
I had heard the PC version was canceled and it was just a console game now.
I could be wrong and probably am. but I thought I would say that imcase it is true.
maybe a mod might help by confirming or dening this..

andy276
04-10-2007, 10:19 AM
you had heard? like a little bird told you?
at least give a link

LiTos456
04-10-2007, 10:28 AM
noooooo give a link im gonna beat the **** out of UBI if they cancel it

ryukoken69
04-10-2007, 11:06 AM
Ok the last time I looked at this it said canceled for the pc version now it just says no us release date.
http://search.gamespy.com/products?query=assassins+creed

Harmor1
04-10-2007, 12:11 PM
It says August 2007 for PS3 .. OMG .. although I highly doubt that date, one can hope no? Anyhow, I have a P4 3.6 Ghz, ATI 1900 XTX (512 MB) and 2 GB Ram and I suppose AC would run fine, but I think I'ma get it for PS3 (also looks to be out sooner, August or not).

LiTos456
04-10-2007, 12:15 PM
i have 3 ghz, buying a new video card today - ati radion 512 mb its really good card, 1 gig ram.. i suppose if im lucky ill be able to run in on low settings

crylobster
04-11-2007, 09:01 AM
1gb ram
3.2 GHZ processor
nvidia 6600 256mb
lots of hard drive space

how do you guys rate my chances?

LiTos456
04-11-2007, 12:53 PM
video card wont go...

wcyee26
04-12-2007, 12:37 AM
I think that u should be able to play this game becoz u got the 6600 that support sm 3.0.This game may support geforce series 6 cards.Litos456 i know u got a ati radeon x1600,but pls stop saying that ''u can't run this game'' or anything.The Ubisoft haven't announced the AC system requirement.

LiTos456
04-12-2007, 05:57 AM
first off, i didn tget that card and might get another good one soon. but still i dont know if i can run the game myself (probably not)
second off, the game wont support geforce 6 for sure O.o thats a miracle.. didnt you read the posts? people from the developing team were saying, in this topic that its a next-gen game and it will need a looooot better graphics than oblivion (which needs about geforce 7). you cant run the game on geforce 6 for sure.

crylobster
04-12-2007, 01:25 PM
can someone reccomend a new card to go with my system (1gb ram
3.2 GHZ processor
lots of hard drive space)

unfortunately im not running pci express, would that be a problem?

LiTos456
04-12-2007, 04:50 PM
well i think i card for 512 mb could go. try one of the newest atis pr geforces. im chasing a 512 mb card on ebay right now.

crylobster
04-13-2007, 03:18 AM
yeah thats probably a good idea....
i've got a shuttle where the motherboard is part of the computer so if i need to upgrade too much i guess its a new pc.

wcyee26
04-13-2007, 05:46 AM
The graphics of AC is seems like the SC: DA graphics.If the Ubi port it properly to PC,maybe there are a few geforce series 6 cards could support it.

LiTos456
04-13-2007, 05:56 AM
why are you keep on fighting about your geforce 6? that card is old, i said its a NEXT-GEN game... I'm not sure but I guess something like Radeon x1800 can run it, maybe (i hope http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif) even a radeon x1600..

crylobster: what kind of cards does your motherboard support: AGP or PCI-E?

wcyee26
04-13-2007, 06:37 AM
Becoz I don't wanna waste my money for getting a geforce series 7 card.I already got a geforce series 6 card,my motherboard can only support AGP.If i really wanna buy a 7600GS agp card,i rather buy a new cpu with 7600 PCIE that worth than changing a graphic card.

crylobster
04-13-2007, 07:53 AM
i can run sc:da well on my pc.

litos: my mother board supports AGP only. As i said my pcs a shuttle so apparently the motherboard is permanently fixed with the case. If i wanted PCI it would mean a new pc.
im wondering if theres any point buying a new agp card if pci's going to become necessary soon and i have to buy a new comp anyway

wcyee26
04-13-2007, 09:07 AM
hey crylobster,how much did u pay for your geforce 6600?

LiTos456
04-13-2007, 01:23 PM
wcyee: once again, you cant use geforce 6! its too bad! get some good card off ebay! thats what im doing!! or you could buy the card im selling. 30 bucks and 10 bucks shipping. 2 bids :P

crylobster: you could buy a new motherboard... no need to get a new pc. there is a really good thing on ebay, i found it after long searches by accident, was looking for cards but i dont remember which i was looking for. one of the radeons x1600-1950. well there was a CHEAP auction. it contained a card AND a PCI motherboard. i didnt get it cause i dont care about my mother board, i cud just use agp.

crylobster
04-13-2007, 01:58 PM
wycee.. i paid around 80 pounds (uk), but that was about a year ago.

litos.. last time i tried to get a new motherboard i was told it was impossible by about 3 different shops, and that because i had a shuttle my computer was a dead end for upgrades.

i usually go for nvidias so i dont know what a good radeon would be now.

does anyone know if theres any difference between radeons and nvidias_

wcyee26
04-14-2007, 03:18 AM
Hmm...how much is the market price of geforce 7600 AGP?If the price takes around 80 or 90 bucks,then i'm going to get it.

Phreaky_McGeek
04-14-2007, 04:08 AM
Prices range from around 60-100 here, so the price will be pretty much the same in US dollars knowing how expensive things are here. I'd say wait a little longer though, ATI are supposedly bringing out a new card, so nVidia will have to make a card to rival that, and older cards will drop in price http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

LiTos456
04-14-2007, 07:51 AM
I think in stores that card costs more than 100 dollars, but on ebay you can get it cheap. i was running on nvidias too but now i switched to radeons. there seems to be more of them.

Phreaky_McGeek
04-14-2007, 08:20 AM
From my experiences I prefer geforce cards, better driver support I've found.

crylobster
04-14-2007, 08:56 AM
i guess ive always chosen nvidia cards because of tradition and nothing else, so i might start finding out about radeons.

I heard somewhere that nvidia cards performed better with open, brighter games (eg far cry, assassins creed?? etc) whereas radeon cards are better with darker, cramped games (eg doom3 quake 4 etc)

is there any truth in that?

Phreaky_McGeek
04-14-2007, 10:14 AM
To an extent, I guess. nvidia cards provide a faster framerate but Radeon cards provide an overall better image quality.

DjGuZ
04-14-2007, 09:05 PM
wcyee26 i live in uruguay, and a 7600GS Costs 220 bucks, for me, thats a lot of money. In the USA you can get a better card for that money, even, there are a Few Xbox's360 for less than $200. I will Probably buy a GeForce 7300GT and 1gb Ram, so i will get Ram: 1.5.
People, look, you say that because it's a Next-gen Game it would ask you a SUPER VIDEOCARD, i think it will, but dont expect a ULTIMATE GeForce or a Ultimate ATI.
I Think it Will supported:
GeForce 7300GT/7600/7800/7900/8600/8800.
Ati x1600/x1700/x1800/x1900Series.
Minimum:
VideoCard: Geforce 7300GT/Ati x1600
Ram: 1GB
CPU: P4 3.0GHz/AMD Athlon (with equivalent GHz)

THE VIDEO CARD MUST HAVE SHARED MODEL 3.0 http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/53.gif

PD: This It's my opinion, It's Not Official.
See Ya'http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/metal.gif

wcyee26
04-14-2007, 10:47 PM
I wan to know that which geforce series 7 cards are AGP cards? I only know that 7600 have agp.

LiTos456
04-15-2007, 09:21 AM
im having a hard time finding myself a good video card...

tsctsc
04-30-2007, 08:06 AM
For those of you stuck with AGP boards and don't want to replace your mobo, ATI recently released an AGP version of the X1950XT. I'm 99% positive the X1950XT will run Assassin's Creed maxed with AA/AF. It benches at only about 15~ FPS lower than the 8800GTS 320MB on most games, making it a no brainer for anyone looking for the best they can get with AGP. The only problem may be size for those of you with smaller cases.
The card. (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814241049)

As for CPUs, the game is guaranteed to run on any current dual-core CPU, starting at AMD's X2 3600+, and Intels E6300. For those of you with single core CPUs, it should run fine on anything above 3GHz, I assume.

RAM shouldn't be too much of an issue. The game seems to be focused on a level based design, as opposed to an open-ended world, so 1GB should be sufficient. 2GB will likely be optional.

By the way - I really don't recommend buying components off of eBay, especially GPUs. With the amount of possible problems, it's nothing but a headache if you end up needing to RMA. That's not even taking into consideration the regularity of receiving a GPU DOA. The few extra bucks are worth the peace of mind.

HappyBman
05-01-2007, 07:11 AM
Hello. How do you think guys? Does AC run on my computer?

Intel Core 2 Duo E4300 1.8 GHz
Sapphire X1950XT 256MB 256 bit PCI-E DDR3
Geil 2GB DDR2 667 Dual Chanel Kit 5 5-5-?

Please answer me. Thx http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

DjGuZ
05-01-2007, 05:33 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by HappyBman:
Hello. How do you think guys? Does AC run on my computer?

Intel Core 2 Duo E4300 1.8 GHz
Sapphire X1950XT 256MB 256 bit PCI-E DDR3
Geil 2GB DDR2 667 Dual Chanel Kit 5 5-5-?

Please answer me. Thx http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Yes For all you said you will run AC, the thing is the processor, i dont think that the processor will meet the minimum requirements, but the processor isn't too important, so you're
definitly running it !!!

wcyee26
05-01-2007, 09:27 PM
Ofcourse u can run it.With a 2Gb of ram and a good graphic card.I do hope that I have a Pc that seems to u. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif

mortality1991
05-02-2007, 01:01 PM
do you guys think that this will run AC

intel pentium 4 2.7ghz
radeon 9600pro 256mb 400mhz
memory 1G ddr1 400mhz (dual channel)

plz answer http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

wcyee26
05-03-2007, 12:46 AM
I don't think that your graphic card can support the game.I should get a new graphic card such as Geforce 7300 or ATi Radeon x1950.

wcyee26
05-03-2007, 12:46 AM
Ops sry for the wrong msg.''I should''&gt;&gt;''U should''.

DjGuZ
05-04-2007, 12:32 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mortality1991:
do you guys think that this will run AC

intel pentium 4 2.7ghz
radeon 9600pro 256mb 400mhz
memory 1G ddr1 400mhz (dual channel)

plz answer http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Look, i think that the only thing that may support the game is the ram.
the processor won't run it, either the card

ComradeDino
05-05-2007, 09:26 PM
Well you guys have to assume that Ubisoft will want the majority of the people out there to be able to run and play the game. So i think that although the requirements are going to be high, I think that you will be able to play the game on minimum settings with a 3 gig processor, 1 gig of Ram, and 256 graphics card. Of course if you want your game to look as nice as the screenshots then be prepared to upgrade your pc. I was just wondering will it be able to run on XP or will it require Vista?

peace2acorn
05-06-2007, 01:56 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">This Game Has Amazing Graphics, i think that the graphics are similar to Call Of Juarez,
But i would say that the minimum sys. requirements would be: P4 3.0ghz or Amd Athlon 3000mhz - 1.5Ram - Video Card: GeForce 7300GT or Ati x1800. And the recommended sys. req.:
Intel Core Duo 4.0ghz or Amd Athlon 4000mhz - 2.5 ram - Video Card: GeForce 7800GT or Ati x1900.

Supported Video Cards:
GeForce - 7300GT/7500/7600/7800/7900/8800
Ati - x1700/x1800/x1900/x1950

====(I Think that This Game would need these requirements, but this is my opinion, these are not the official requirements, as I said, its my opinion)==== Typing </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just letting you know, if you are gonna make a statement about computer specs, atleast give real ones... There is no such thing as a Core 2 Duo 4GHz processor, and the same goes for AMD. The BEST two processors out right now are the Intel Core 2 Extreme X6800 @ 2.93 GHz and the Intel Core 2 Extreme X6700 @ 2.66 GHz (Quad Core).

All I'm saying is to make sure you get your facts straight before you post something.

Now for my opinion: This game will probably have a DX9 and DX10 mode. The DX10 mode will look amazing if you have the right setup and the DX9 mode will still look pretty good. Seeing as how some recent games are, the devs will probably make this game scale forward and backward 2-3 years meaning it can be run on really low settings and really high settings. I am really looking forward to this game. =)

Fabyanutz
05-09-2007, 03:23 AM
Hope that with my

P IV 3,0 ghz
2 GB RAM
Nvidia Geforce 7600 GT

^specs, I will be able to enjoy the game. I run oblivion on max.

danrocks
05-11-2007, 02:12 PM
I have a question, do you guys think AC will be able to run in windows vista?

sorry if someone hav already aksed that

randman2007
05-11-2007, 03:42 PM
If it doesn't, Ubisoft would be making a HUGE mistake. I'm sure that's why the PC version doesn't have a tentative release date yet. They're probably making it runable (is that a word?) on both Vista and XP.

peace2acorn
05-12-2007, 01:32 AM
Like I said earlier, I bet this game will support DX10, atleast I hope so. It will for sure run on Vista though.

FableB
05-13-2007, 05:40 AM
They must support Vista because it's the new OS and people have started moving toward that system.

evasion438
05-13-2007, 06:25 AM
well i know for almost fact that AC will ONLY run in vista. Halo2 was released a while ago (i think) and required vista i very much doubt AC will work on XP or lower. and for sure its going to require DirectX 10, and DirectX10 is only available on Vista.

The Defense Rests its case...http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

and so i dont have to create a whole new topic...do you think the PC version of AC will be released before during or after the release of PS3 and Xbox360. i wouldve thought it would be released on PC in mid-2008...as PC gaming has become less popoular and the world is leaning more to console.

Boromir323
05-13-2007, 05:40 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by evasion438:
well i know for almost fact that AC will ONLY run in vista. Halo2 was released a while ago (i think) and required vista i very much doubt AC will work on XP or lower. and for sure its going to require DirectX 10, and DirectX10 is only available on Vista.

The Defense Rests its case...http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

and so i dont have to create a whole new topic...do you think the PC version of AC will be released before during or after the release of PS3 and Xbox360. i wouldve thought it would be released on PC in mid-2008...as PC gaming has become less popoular and the world is leaning more to console. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You have a point with Halo 2 but I think it will be released at the same time. The consoles are better now because they were just released. In a year or two after PC's have a few updates they will be way better then the consoles. The PC will never die. End of Story.

randman2007
05-14-2007, 10:38 AM
Agreed, the PC will NEVER die... however... I do think they'll release the PC version a little later (maybe even up to six months or more) than the console versions.

Why do I think this? If you go to gamestop.com or amazon.com or bestbuy.com or anywhere else to place a pre-order, they have a listing already for a scheduled release for the XBox, the PS3 and the DS... but not the poor PC.

I friggin love PC gaming. Most console people don't know what they're missing. Unfortunately, I think we'll know exactly what we're missing when AC comes out for them before it comes out for us.

Sad face...

peace2acorn
05-14-2007, 04:32 PM
One benefit us PC gamers have, besides always being able to upgrade and stuff, is that when games come out for PC after consoles, often times many improvements are made for the PC version. Take Lost Planet for example. When it comes out for PC, it will have more features and improved shaders, geometry and models. Hopefully they do this with AC.

randman2007
05-14-2007, 06:05 PM
Yes. Good point! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/winky.gif

Knights of the Old Republic and Fable also received some really decent added bonus.

Plus we have MODS!! Oh, mods are just awesome! Oblivion for PC was superior to all consoles for that sole reason.

Now that only makes me wonder what genius is going to whip up in the form of a mod for AC!

Boromir323
05-14-2007, 07:22 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by randman2007:
Yes. Good point! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/winky.gif

Knights of the Old Republic and Fable also received some really decent added bonus.

Plus we have MODS!! Oh, mods are just awesome! Oblivion for PC was superior to all consoles for that sole reason.

Now that only makes me wonder what genius is going to whip up in the form of a mod for AC! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I really want to learn how to mod for AC!!!! Ive never done it before but Im uber pumped to make a groovy AC mod

daphilip
05-22-2007, 06:45 AM
Do you guys think I may be able to play on this?

AMD SEMPRON 3000+ 2,0 ghz
1,5 gb RAM
ATI Radeon X1600 PRO 512 mb
??

andy276
05-22-2007, 08:31 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dac00L:
Do you guys think I may be able to play on this?

AMD SEMPRON 3000+ 2,0 ghz
1,5 gb RAM
ATI Radeon X1600 PRO 512 mb
?? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Well, Sempron isn't exactly a high-end CPU, so it could be a problem.

FableB
05-22-2007, 10:18 AM
I don't believe you need a high-end CPU when playing games...Atleast not a VERY high-end CPU.

andy276
05-22-2007, 11:48 AM
True, but Sempron is actually more like a low-end CPU, I was just saying it in a nicer way :P. And I didn't say that it surely won't meet the requirements, I said that it could be a problem.

daphilip
05-22-2007, 01:51 PM
My cpu is 2 ghz but when i tested it on systemrequirementslab.com it said that the performance was rated at 3 ghz, will that do any difference?

ShantiSmurf
05-24-2007, 11:57 AM
What do you guys think about gaming on laptops? I just ordered a Thinkpad with an Intel Core Duo T7600 2.33GHz proc, 100GB 7200RPM hdd, 3gb PC2-4200 533MHZ ram, and an ATI Mobility Fire GL V5250 256MB video card. I'm wondering how well the card will perform, but I'm pretty sure I won't have a problem with the rest of the specs.

knife_X
05-24-2007, 12:17 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ShantiSmurf:
What do you guys think about gaming on laptops? I just ordered a Thinkpad with an Intel Core Duo T7600 2.33GHz proc, 100GB 7200RPM hdd, 3gb PC2-4200 533MHZ ram, and an ATI Mobility Fire GL V5250 256MB video card. I'm wondering how well the card will perform, but I'm pretty sure I won't have a problem with the rest of the specs. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Dont expect the game to suport a laptop graphics card... other then that who knows has anyone seen the specs... again this will be speculations only and who on earth would wanna play games on a laptop... unless you get yourself a real mouse off course I still think you should have gone for a stationary one unless your traveling alot!

ShantiSmurf
05-24-2007, 12:47 PM
I have a Soltek mini-PC that I built about 3 years ago. I will be traveling quite a bit now so I was concerned more with durability and weight along with power. If I can game on it all the better, as I'd rather not put a whole bunch of money into upgrading my outdated PC on top of the shiny new laptop. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

I'm just not really sure how the FireGL V5250 compares with some of the other cards that have been mentioned here on this thread.

CHiPoPoz
05-24-2007, 02:23 PM
Minimum Requirements

CPU: Athlon 64 3000+/Intel 2.8ghz
Graphics: Nvidia 6600/X800GTO (SM 2.0)
RAM: 768Mb/1Gb on Windows Vista
Internet: 256k+
Software: DX9.0c with Windows XP

Recommended Requirements

CPU: Dual-core CPU (Athlon X2/Pentium D)
Graphics: Nvidia 7800GTX/ATI X1800XT (SM 3.0) or DX10 equivalent
RAM: 1.5Gb
Internet: 512k+ (128k+ upstream)
Software: DX10 with Windows Vista

This Is Crysis System Requirements
and i assume thet AC will require low system then Crysis

davo81
06-04-2007, 06:34 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/agreepost.gif

And may i just say i can run oblivion absoluty maxed out settings (HDR)1280 x 1024 at around 50 - 60FPS average...Current specs...

Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 (2.4ghz/dualcore/1066FSB/4MBL2)
2GB DDR2-800MHZ ram
2x Dual Nvidia Geforce XFX 6800 GS Extreme XXX edition 256mb GDDR3 Shader Model 3.0 SLI's (512 mb total VRAM)
My clocks on my two cards: 450mhz core's and 1050Mhz on GDDR3 memory.

Also if you dont have a good CPU the 'Next-Gen' AI in Assassin's Creed will cause massive FPS slowdowns as it did in oblivion with my old P4 2.8ghz cpu...If you want to run this game so it does not even glitch i would strongly recommend a quad core cpu... but thats just my opinion...

Jade_Samurai
06-05-2007, 03:11 AM
I can run oblivion Full everything except shadows on grass with HDR @ 1280x1024 at about 35-40fps, i have:
Intel P4 single core (uagh!) 3.6ghz HT
1 gig DDR2 pc667
Asus 7800GTX 256mb Factory over clocked to god know what, prob could go higher.

I dont think you would need a quad core processor to run this game, not at all, it will be demanding but duel core can take it, single core like mine.... prob not lol need to tank up the ghz! besides no offense for 360 and PS3 fans, but pc's are now faster :P LOL

fiso16
06-05-2007, 06:51 PM
hey not sure since they are styill developing it...im not computer expert but you will probably need the equivalent or possibly more high tech than oblivion if you have played that on ur pc... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

that can be controvertial(if thats how its spelled) since they were thinking of holding the PC version back for futher development or not releasing it at all. so you might not have to upgrade your computer

Boromir323
06-05-2007, 08:23 PM
Wait when and where did you hear about the PC version being delayed?

Ali_Barber
06-06-2007, 07:24 PM
Will I be able to run it on my computer:

2 X XFX Geforce 8800 GTX ULTRA 675 MHZ IN SLI

MSI Intel 975X Platinum V2.0 MOBO

Intel Quad Core QX6800 at 2.93 GHz

Seagate 750 GB HD

Poineer BDR-101A Blu-ray writer

8 GB RAM

Actually I know nothing about computers, I copy and pasted this from an auction site. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

knife_X
06-07-2007, 12:09 AM
Chipopoz I`d say this game will ned more then 6GB SChttp://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gifA was about 11GB guessing this more or similar!

K_cin
06-08-2007, 03:50 PM
So will these specs be ok i hope so as i just brought this pc a few weeks ago :s

AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 5000+
1Gb RAM (will upgrade to 2)
160Gb Hard Drive (about 100 left)
16 X DVD +/- RW Drive
256MB ATI Radeon X1300 (obviosly i will upgrrade this too)

Flamer3404
06-08-2007, 05:14 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ali_Barber:
Will I be able to run it on my computer:

2 X XFX Geforce 8800 GTX ULTRA 675 MHZ IN SLI

MSI Intel 975X Platinum V2.0 MOBO

Intel Quad Core QX6800 at 2.93 GHz

Seagate 750 GB HD

Poineer BDR-101A Blu-ray writer

8 GB RAM

Actually I know nothing about computers, I copy and pasted this from an auction site. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That is probebly one of the best computers you can buy right now, all you need is cooling.

POPersiaT2T
06-08-2007, 07:05 PM
i just bought my pc this year

Pentium D 2.8 GHz
3GB DRR2
160 SATA HD
7300GT 256MB GDDR3

Hope i will be able to play assassin's creed on it.

moqqy
06-08-2007, 08:17 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by POPersiaT2T:
i just bought my pc this year

Pentium D 2.8 GHz
3GB DRR2
160 SATA HD
7300GT 256MB GDDR3

Hope i will be able to play assassin's creed on it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well.. Your GFX card is pretty low-end and you might even have hard time running oblivion but who knows maybe everything on low http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

Blademaster513
06-08-2007, 10:18 PM
Hmm Im hoping I can run it fairly high
Core 2 Duo E6600 (2.4Ghz)
2GB Corsair XMS2 DDR2-675
eVGA Geforce 8800GTS 640MB
'n plents of HD space...
I usually run games at 1440x900 on a widescreen LCD, and enough AA to eliminate jaggies. But some of these upcoming games are looking frighteningly good...

K_cin
06-09-2007, 03:34 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Blademaster513:
But some of these upcoming games are looking frighteningly good... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

thats exactly why im worying about my
AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 5000+ (thats about 2.6Ghz)

wot do u think will i run it???

davo81
06-09-2007, 05:45 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by K_cin:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Blademaster513:
But some of these upcoming games are looking frighteningly good... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

wot do u think will i run it??? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ya your CPU should be fine

i would estimate that these are minimum requirements...(guessing)

P4 2.8 ghz or athlon 64 equal
1 gb ram A(512 mb mabye)
256 mb Dx9.0c acellerated card (Ati radeon 1k seriesor geforce 7 series)

......thts what i would estimate and recommended would probably be around

Intel core 2 duo @ 2.4 ghz or athlon 64 X2 equal
2gb ram
geforce 8800 series or Radeon x2900 series (SM 3.0) or Dx10 equal

....either way i would really recommend that you have a dual core processor to run it.....but these are just my estimations based on my past experience....

davo81
06-09-2007, 06:04 AM
But the game will look alot better on a pc BUT you would have to have a really powerful pc to actually run it maxed out as fast as the 360 does or the PS3 does which would cost like $3000....

K_cin
06-09-2007, 07:53 AM
ok i have just found out that u cant run all graphic cards on a 300watt power suply so what should i get that will give me great visuals at 300watts???

davo81
06-09-2007, 07:49 PM
a 8600 GT needs a minimum 300Watt PSU is has:
256 mb ddr3 VRAM
Direct X 10
PCI-E

it cost around AU$250 and has the same performance as a 7900 gs OC...it also supports Dx10 for superior graphics quality...also.. i would have a dual core PC w/ at least 1gb ram to make it stable (on vista. u will need a dual core CPU as a single core CPU will become bottlenecked on Dx10 w/ vista (8600GT)so what are ur Specs?

moqqy
06-09-2007, 11:08 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by davo81:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by K_cin:

1 gb ram A(512 mb mabye)

2gb ram

....either way i would really recommend that you have a dual core processor to run it.....but these are just my estimations based on my past experience.... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
No way the recommended would be 8800GTS.
XBOX360 and PS3 got worse graphic drivers, I think PS3 has 7800GTX. Recommended will probably be somewhere around 7800GT - which is extremely high.

But recommended @ the DX10 series? nah.. you have any idea how powerful card like 7950GTX 512 is?

davo81
06-10-2007, 12:56 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by moqqy:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by davo81:

1 gb ram A(512 mb mabye)

2gb ram

....either way i would really recommend that you have a dual core processor to run it.....but these are just my estimations based on my past experience.... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
XBOX360 and PS3 got worse graphic drivers, I think PS3 has 7800GTX. Recommended will probably be somewhere around 7800GT - which is extremely high.

But recommended @ the DX10 series? nah.. you have any idea how powerful card like 7950GTX 512 is? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That is the most powerful Video card that takes 300W power supply

K_cin
06-10-2007, 08:28 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">That is the most powerful Video card that takes 300W power supply </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

do u mean the 8800gts or 7800gxt

moqqy
06-10-2007, 08:59 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by moqqy:

1 gb ram A(512 mb mabye)

2gb ram

But recommended @ the DX10 series? nah.. you have any idea how powerful card like 7950GTX 512 is? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That is the most powerful Video card that takes 300W power supply </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Huh? since when has it said this in the recommended......
"The most powerful 300W power supply video card"

I got 7900GT 256 now - I can run every game on best graphics without problems. And 7950GTX is so much more powerful.... 'nuff said

K_cin
06-10-2007, 09:38 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Huh? since when has it said this in the recommended......

I got 7900GT 256 now - I can run every game on best graphics without problems. And 7950GTX is so much more powerful.... 'nuff said </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

but are you on 300watts???

K_cin
06-10-2007, 09:45 AM
do u guys think that assassins creed will run on a GeForce 7600 GT (SLI)

andy276
06-10-2007, 09:52 AM
It should, unless it'll need DX10.

K_cin
06-10-2007, 10:39 AM
i just found out i dont even have a sli slot lol i only have pci-e slots so any1 know any good graphic cards that are 300watt pci-e compatile cards

andy276
06-10-2007, 11:22 AM
It must run on a single 7600GT too otherwise I'll have to get a new computer this year. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-tongue.gif

moqqy
06-10-2007, 11:46 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Huh? since when has it said this in the recommended......

I got 7900GT 256 now - I can run every game on best graphics without problems. And 7950GTX is so much more powerful.... 'nuff said </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

but are you on 300watts??? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

YES

K_cin
06-10-2007, 12:18 PM
ok ive researched the 7900's and i think ill get this one aparently it wil run on 300watts even if its recommended at 350watt

The XFX 7900 GT XXX Edition

do we think that will run asassins creed

Ps. does anyone have any idea when we will get the specs for it ???

jollyroger1987
06-10-2007, 02:53 PM
here is my config...

pentium dual core 2.67ghz
2gb ddr2 ram
7300GT 512mb ddr2 video card
160gb sata HD

some info whether it ll run or i need to upgrade anything..

thanks!!

K_cin
06-10-2007, 02:56 PM
well everythings fine but graphics cards are the big worry im waiting for the specs then getting teh best card i can

moqqy
06-10-2007, 03:02 PM
ok ive researched the 7900's and i think ill get this one aparently it wil run on 300watts even if its recommended at 350watt

The XFX 7900 GT XXX Edition

do we think that will run asassins creed

Ps. does anyone have any idea when we will get the specs for it ??? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

near release / when demo is released??

and it will run assassins creed if AC doesnt require DX 10 card which it shouldnt since the consoles dont have one either :P

davo81
06-10-2007, 05:16 PM
Alright the 7900 GT XXX is a very powerful card i didn't know it ran on 300W...well anyway it has double the recommended requirements for oblivion (6800 series)so it's around twice the power of a 6800 GS XXX which will run oblivion VERY well...here are the specs

High memory interface and fast GDDR3 memory enable blazing graphics performance with the quality set to max so you don't have to choose between frame rates and image quality. Need a break from gaming? The GeForce 7900&7950 GPUs also delivers smooth, high-definition video playback and crisp picture quality thanks to its advanced NVIDIA PureVideo technology. If you are searching for an extreme HD gaming and video experience on the PC, look no further than a Geforce 7900&7950 GPU.

Dual Link DVI - Supporting digital output up to 2560x1600 Yes
Clock rate
560MHz
Memory Clock
1.65 GHz
Chipset
7900 GT
Memory
256 MB
Bus Type
PCI-E
Memory Type
DDR3
Memory Bus
256 Bit
Highlighted Features
Dual DVI Out , SLI ready , HDTV ready

Well that should run assassins creed well if u have 1 - 2 gb ram and a dual core cpu. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

moqqy
06-10-2007, 05:33 PM
Alright the 7900 GT XXX is a very powerful card i didn't know it ran on 300W...well anyway it has double the recommended requirements for oblivion (6800 series)so it's around twice the power of a 6800 GS XXX which will run oblivion VERY well...here are the specs

High memory interface and fast GDDR3 memory enable blazing graphics performance with the quality set to max so you don't have to choose between frame rates and image quality. Need a break from gaming? The GeForce 7900&7950 GPUs also delivers smooth, high-definition video playback and crisp picture quality thanks to its advanced NVIDIA PureVideo technology. If you are searching for an extreme HD gaming and video experience on the PC, look no further than a Geforce 7900&7950 GPU.

Clock rate
560MHz
Memory Clock
1.65 GHz
Chipset
7900 GT
Memory
256 MB
Bus Type
PCI-E
Memory Type
DDR3
Memory Bus
256 Bit
Highlighted Features

Well that should run assassins creed well if u have 1 - 2 gb ram and a dual core cpu. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

How you know it has double recommended than oblivion

davo81
06-10-2007, 05:42 PM

Clock rate
560MHz
Memory Clock
1.65 GHz
Chipset
7900 GT
Memory
256 MB
Bus Type
PCI-E
Memory Type
DDR3
Memory Bus
256 Bit
Highlighted Features

Well that should run assassins creed well if u have 1 - 2 gb ram and a dual core cpu. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

How you know it has double recommended than oblivion </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i read a review stating that the 6800 GS XXX got 41 fps on doom3 high 1280 x 1024 and the XFX 7900 GT XXX got 89 fps high 1280 x 1024 so in theory you would say it's around twice the power of the 6800 Series which is the recommended series for oblivion..also the 7900 gt XXX doesn't seem to drop Frames as you go up resolutions as much.

Nirano
06-10-2007, 08:07 PM
I would say around Oblivion requirements.

I have:

2.4 GHz Core 2 Duo Processor

ATi Radeon x1900 Graphics Card

250 GB Hard Drive

2GB of RAM

That can run Oblivion on Ultra-High, so if anyone is looking for a good system, try that.

moqqy
06-10-2007, 08:21 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nirano:
I would say around Oblivion requirements.

I have:

2.4 GHz Core 2 Duo Processor

ATi Radeon x1900 Graphics Card

250 GB Hard Drive

2GB of RAM

That can run Oblivion on Ultra-High, so if anyone is looking for a good system, try that. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well a developer said that it would be higher than oblivion, the requirements http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

baffleboy61
06-12-2007, 09:17 PM
hey guys can i run assassin's creed in my pc?
here is pc spec.
3.2Ghz preocessor EM64T
1gb ddr2 ram 667Mhz
256 mb nvidia geforce 7900GT PCIe
creative sound blaster audigy 2zs platinum pro

moqqy
06-13-2007, 12:23 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by baffleboy61:
hey guys can i run assassin's creed in my pc?
here is pc spec.
3.2Ghz preocessor EM64T
1gb ddr2 ram 667Mhz
256 mb nvidia geforce 7900GT PCIe
creative sound blaster audigy 2zs platinum pro </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

probably but we dont know the system requirements yet.

blackjersey15
06-13-2007, 01:00 AM
Well I spent almost 100k for my PC here in the Philippines and i'm pretty sure CRYSIS will run with my new system with max out settings and i'm HOPING that AC will run on max settings as well. Here's my PC specs:

- Quad Core Processor (I have Core 2 Duo for spare)
- 4 Gig RAM
- 250 Gig SATA
- GeForce 8800 Ultra

etc.

Nvidia

Jade_Samurai
06-13-2007, 02:13 AM
LOL omg, just abit of over kill there dude, but here PC gamers are all out for overkill, ie. in a RTS why defeat your enemy with some super weapon when you can walk over his face by showing you have 1 billion times the units then him!
OVER KILL IS THE WAY TO GO, that way not even the smallest little thing will even remotely be around to try to attack you later!

I am still back in the single core era, but i can run oblivion Ultra-High, at 1280x1024 HDR and everything so i think the only place i could have a problem with AC is maybe in the AI department because i have only a 3.6ghz P4... very sad, i need some extreme over clocking here maybe to 4.0ghz if im lucky without too much smoke and burning smells!

moqqy
06-13-2007, 02:17 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by blackjersey15:
Well I spent almost 100k for my PC here in the Philippines and i'm pretty sure CRYSIS will run with my new system with max out settings and i'm HOPING that AC will run on max settings as well. Here's my PC specs:

- 4 Gig RAM
- 250 Gig SATA
- GeForce 8800 Ultra

etc.

Nvidia </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yh i just spent over 200k on this computer here in atlantis the lost city:

256mb ram
ati radeon 9200 pro
some 1.7ghz processor
40gb harddrive

etc.

ATI

blackjersey15
06-13-2007, 02:23 AM
Haha! I'm a bit worried coz by September or so there is a very high possibility that new and much powerful processor and video card that will surface. Im looking forward to AC even if im in the Philippines but I cant wait for crysis to be released as well. I just noticed that i only work my *** off and do overtimes in the office just to buy myself a better hardware http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

rakanisshu_
06-16-2007, 03:36 AM
MUAHAHAAAHAH, lol dude, u are mean!! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

My spec:

4 GB KINGmax 667
200 GB Baracuda
3.6 AMD dual core
HD x2900xt 512/512

i think that the game must work for me http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

i bought in atlantis too http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

gj dude
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by blackjersey15:

- 4 Gig RAM
- 250 Gig SATA
- GeForce 8800 Ultra

etc.

Nvidia </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yh i just spent over 200k on this computer here in atlantis the lost city:

256mb ram
ati radeon 9200 pro
some 1.7ghz processor
40gb harddrive

etc.

ATI </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Max_Fall
06-20-2007, 06:21 AM
THESE ARE THE SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS FOR ASSASSINS CREED THAT ARE 80%(percent) OR MORE CORRECT:
MINIMUM:
1GB RAM
6GB SPACE
3GHZ PROCESSOR
256MB VIDEO CARD
RECOMENDED
1,5-2GB OF RAM (medium or high)
6GB SPACE
3,5-4GHZ PROCESSOR (medium of high)
512MB VIDEO CARD

Its compared with requirements of other newer ubisoft games and some older but considering the requirements of the time,and the tehnology used.I doubt youl need more than that to run AC

my specs are
2GB OF RAM
DUAL CORE PROCESSOR,EQUIVALENT TO 4GHZ
256MB VIDEO CARD
250GB OF SPACE

I believe il run AC but i will upgrade my specs to run it on high.
THIS IS ACURATE!Ive played games since i was 5 year old and know what is needed for what.
FACT:Ive ran Oblivion on minimus settings fine with a 1.4ghz processor and a 128ram video card!
Hi from Europe!

moqqy
06-20-2007, 07:16 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Max_Fall:
THESE ARE THE SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS FOR ASSASSINS CREED THAT ARE 80%(percent) OR MORE CORRECT:
MINIMUM:
1GB RAM
6GB SPACE
3GHZ PROCESSOR
256MB VIDEO CARD
RECOMENDED
1,5-2GB OF RAM (medium or high)
6GB SPACE
3,5-4GHZ PROCESSOR (medium of high)
512MB VIDEO CARD

Its compared with requirements of other newer ubisoft games and some older but considering the requirements of the time,and the tehnology used.I doubt youl need more than that to run AC

my specs are
2GB OF RAM
DUAL CORE PROCESSOR,EQUIVALENT TO 4GHZ
256MB VIDEO CARD
250GB OF SPACE

I believe il run AC but i will upgrade my specs to run it on high.
THIS IS ACURATE!Ive played games since i was 5 year old and know what is needed for what.
FACT:Ive ran Oblivion on minimus settings fine with a 1.4ghz processor and a 128ram video card!
Hi from Europe! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

umm its not 80% or more correct just coz some other ubi games have those requirements...

Phreaky_McGeek
06-20-2007, 09:36 AM
Yeah, no other Ubisoft game has had 150 AI controlled characters on screen at once...

moqqy
06-20-2007, 10:13 AM
indeed, in oblivion the game could go from 60fps to 5fps if 10 more NPC's appeared, and normally there's like 5-10 max.

Aum-Lethal.
06-21-2007, 05:42 PM
didn't they say something about a physics card, thats gunna come out? i believe if this is the case that assassin's creed will require it?

is assassin's creed online or offline?

chewie1890
06-21-2007, 05:57 PM
It's offline. I'm not sure about the physics card that you're talking about but I doubt AC will require it since that card isn't out yet.

davo81
06-21-2007, 11:38 PM
Still AC probably won't require a physics card as barely anyone has physics cards...so what do ubi expect everyone to go out and buy a $300 physics card that will only benifit AC and a few other games...

remember games can be modded to run on really pathetic comps...

Also next gen engines are more efficent than previous gen's... Lost planet ran very well on my comp even when there was 30 enemies or more...

And i wouldn't expect the game to fuction 100% well on it's release it's most likely that it will be patched to fix memory leaks etc

yoo_luke
06-22-2007, 02:34 PM
Sigh..... Got to get rid of this GEOFORCE FX 5200!!!!! my god i can't run anything on this thing. Any sugestions on what graphics card i should get? (please something cheap or reasonable)

K_cin
06-23-2007, 02:08 AM
depends on ure power supply

Blademaster513
06-23-2007, 02:19 PM
I hope I can run it fairly high with this:
Core 2 Duo E6600 2.4ghz
2GB Corsair XMS2 DDR2 675
Geforce 8800GTS 640Mb vsn.

omfgnoob1
06-23-2007, 02:22 PM
U hope? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif U will run it for sure but how will it go on

AMD Athlon 3600+ X2
2 GB RAM
GE force 7900 GS 256 MB?

davo81
06-23-2007, 06:11 PM
Both your comps should run the game well as they are more powerful than the xbox 360 or PS3 lol

omfgnoob1
06-23-2007, 10:52 PM
I just hope it wont be bad optimization for PC, because it looks to me like they are only focusing on consoles

chewie1890
06-24-2007, 12:37 AM
There's an entire team for PC optimazation don't worry.

I was wondering though if I wantedto get into building computers where would a good starting place be? I heard barebone kits were good, any help would be great!

K_cin
06-24-2007, 02:41 AM
to be honest i have no idea just buy a cheap pc with a good processor and then change eerything else thats wot i did i got a

AMD athlon 2.6Ghz duel core porcessor
300 watt power supply/ upgraded to 520watt
1Gb RAM/ upgraded to 3Gb
x1300/ upgraded to x1900

davo81
06-24-2007, 05:00 AM
No, you should buy a starter kit, it's much cheaper this way. They have the case, fans, brakets, motherboard, power supply and little bits etc. cost around $999 for:

E6320 1.8 ghz duel core (4mb L2 cache)
550W power supply
2 gb ddr2-667
DVD multi drive (18x)
250 gb HDD (7,200 RPM 16mb buffer)
GA-VM900M Mainboard ( a good high end mobo with quad core capibiities)
19" 2MS 1280 x 1024 LCD Monitor
2.1 Speakers w/ subwoofer
Basic sound card

Add $1000 for graphics card n Better cpu and it will cost $2000...or you could just buy a pre built custom comp that would have better value etc

My new PC is gunna be built like this but more from scratch.

KamikazeToy
06-24-2007, 10:37 AM
Sigh, please don't mistake the memory size of video cards as the deciding factor in being able to run games. If that logic was correct, I'd be able to use my old 5900 Ultra sitting in my closet for the past couple years to run this game (hey, it has 256mb). More important is the clock speeds and the technology SUPPORTED by the card. If it requires a dx 9.0 capable card, its gonna be a too bad if you're on something on or lower than ATI 9250, or aren't on at least the 6xxx series for Nvidia. If the game decides to require SM3.0 like Vegas did, you MUST have a 6 series Nvidia, or AT LEAST an x1300 ATI card in order to run the game.

While it IS true that proc clocks DONT typically affect the gameplay much, when they begin upping the amount of AI present on-screen at the same time, you WILL need a better proc.

For those of you stating you're running 7900s on your 300w PSU, to be honest, I'm shocked it's still working; but hey, if it does, then more power to you http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif .

Memory is also going to be crucial for this game. If you do NOT have at least 1GB, you're going to suffer(I'm talking unplayable), if the game will even run, period.

And that's only if the game will be released on PC. At this point, it's all speculation since we've been given no recent word on the PC's port status.

chikkenstorm
06-25-2007, 07:18 AM
Remember, we're in the times of DX10 now, not DX9 anymore. Don't hope you can play it on high without a DX10 video-card.

I hope I can play it nice and smooth with:
- AMD 4600 X2 (2x2,4 Ghz)
- 1.5gb RAM
- Nvidia 8600GT (which was 256MB I think)

I live in the Netherlands, so I just import one cheaply from Germany http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif It's about 60% of the prices we have here. I can get that system above for about €450. And that prices will lower when ATI intoduces their new DX10 cards.

Now, I'm stuck with a 2.4Ghz (single-core) processor, 512MB RAM and an ATI 9800SE. I can only play the newest games on low(est) and we're not having DX10 games yet. So, prepare yourself for some high specs!

yoo_luke
06-25-2007, 11:14 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by KamikazeToy:
Sigh, please don't mistake the memory size of video cards as the deciding factor in being able to run games. If that logic was correct, I'd be able to use my old 5900 Ultra sitting in my closet for the past couple years to run this game (hey, it has 256mb). More important is the clock speeds and the technology SUPPORTED by the card. If it requires a dx 9.0 capable card, its gonna be a too bad if you're on something on or lower than ATI 9250, or aren't on at least the 6xxx series for Nvidia. If the game decides to require SM3.0 like Vegas did, you MUST have a 6 series Nvidia, or AT LEAST an x1300 ATI card in order to run the game.

While it IS true that proc clocks DONT typically affect the gameplay much, when they begin upping the amount of AI present on-screen at the same time, you WILL need a better proc.

For those of you stating you're running 7900s on your 300w PSU, to be honest, I'm shocked it's still working; but hey, if it does, then more power to you http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif .

Memory is also going to be crucial for this game. If you do NOT have at least 1GB, you're going to suffer(I'm talking unplayable), if the game will even run, period.

And that's only if the game will be released on PC. At this point, it's all speculation since we've been given no recent word on the PC's port status. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Does that mean if I have 1 gb RAm it will run but slowly?

andy276
06-26-2007, 01:31 AM
Maybe, but RAM is the most easily upgradeable component.

Tirinel
06-26-2007, 03:03 AM
yeh i normally judge my game pc on RAM.

DjGuZ
06-26-2007, 09:53 AM
Please, STOP Saying *In Your Opinion* which are the sys. requirements.
¿What? ¿You Think You Know Which are The Minimum Requirements?
NO!!! You DonT Know, Because none Staff telled it,
So dont compare the graphics with oblivion and other games, just wait until a developer or staff tell us the graphics. REMEMBER THAT THIS GAME WON AN AWARD FOR BEST GRAPHICS &gt;IN THE YEAR&lt; So, Don't
Expect Nothing.
Bye, Peace 4 All.
Guz. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/clap.gif

Phreaky_McGeek
06-26-2007, 10:42 AM
Nobody ever said anything about KNOWING the requirements. You make it sound as if people shouldn't have opinions.

HeresToAtomBomb
06-26-2007, 10:49 AM
He also made it sound as if those who have a firm grasp on the english language should ignore syntax, punctuation, and proper capitalization when putting forth a thought in digital form. Well done Dj, you've successfully massacred the English language.

chikkenstorm
06-26-2007, 11:41 AM
What on this forum isn't pure speculation? Like the map size and weapons. Some of them can be good, and if you think, think and think more, you can get a good guess. For this topic, if you take the spec's of today's games in mind, see what's comming, you can get pretty close I guess. But afcourse we don't know. And if you don't like it, don't read it.

orwamdaka
06-28-2007, 05:38 PM
my computer
intel core 2 duo E6600 2.4GHZ
geforce 8600 GT 512mb DRR3
2GB 667MHZ

CAN i run it at least on medium .

thnx

Jade_Samurai
06-28-2007, 08:49 PM
look, i would say probably, i think people may be abit over estimating this game, for high end systems like yours, it would be mad for it not to run, i mean if they expected it to only run on these kind of systems then there would be a very small pc market for it.

chikkenstorm
06-29-2007, 01:44 AM
I think we just don't want to play it on low http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif But if you see games' specs today, they're pretty high too. *searches in the latest magazine* Here, let's take the new game 'Colin Mcrae: Dirt'. It's new, looks amazing and the minimum specs are:
PIV 3 GHz, 1 GB, GeForce 6800.
Recommend specs: Core2Duo 2.66 GHz, 2GB, GeForce 8800 (!)
Low specs means you can run it; super-low and not even very smooth. Recommend mostley don't even get you to the max.

But @orwamdaka, you should be able to http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif Your graphics aren't very great (GF 8600GT seems to suck), but hey, it's DX10, which is already a speed boost over DX9.

ScytheOfGrim
06-29-2007, 05:24 AM
2oooooooooooooooooo ,uch computer talk...my head hurts. just gat a 360 or ps3. no system requirments there. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

chikkenstorm
06-29-2007, 05:27 AM
Only thing is that you'll have to buy a new one every 2-3 years http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

ScytheOfGrim
06-29-2007, 05:31 AM
if ur talking bout a 360 then probably. otherwise no. the systems change every 5 years.

we r talking bout the same thing,right? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif

chikkenstorm
06-29-2007, 05:33 AM
PS3 only every 5 years? Awww, that's gonna hurt. Try to play the newest games after 4 years http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif
And you can plug a controller into a pc, but I've never seen a mouse plugged into a console :P

ScytheOfGrim
06-29-2007, 05:36 AM
i have seen a mouse plugged into a console.

only i think it was a rat, not a mouse... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

davo81
06-29-2007, 06:33 AM
Ahh...colin mcrae dirt is one of the more "heavy load" games. i doubt AC will require that much... if u have a 8600 8800 or soon to come 8900 it will look and run well i would think...then again a 7950 GX2L is damn powerful...only it is SM3.0 and Dx9 http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_redface.gif.

Btw the ps3 n xbox 360 have like 7800 series equal power... the only reason why they run fast it because nothing else is running in background...they only run ONE thing....the game! Instead of 50 processes (especially in vista)

ScytheOfGrim
06-29-2007, 06:46 AM
ok. wat im saying is that if u have a comp 4 gaming only, by all means go ahead and buy AC 4 that comp, i even encourage u 2. but if u dont, and ur afraid that it wont run well on ur "family comp"(lets call it that) than a 360 or ps3 is a much better buy. instead of buying a game and worrying if it will run smoothly, u just buy it and play.

aint i right? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

chikkenstorm
06-29-2007, 07:17 AM
Ahh...colin mcrae dirt is one of the more "heavy load" games. i doubt AC will require that much... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Well, DIRT is "just" a race game; a few cars, some nice roads and a nice AI. All that with amazing graphics. AC is alot of people and buildings, all with amazing graphics and AI. So I think it'll be around the same specs.

moqqy
06-29-2007, 07:44 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by chikkenstorm:
Ahh...colin mcrae dirt is one of the more "heavy load" games. i doubt AC will require that much... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Well, DIRT is "just" a race game; a few cars, some nice roads and a nice AI. All that with amazing graphics. AC is alot of people and buildings, all with amazing graphics and AI. So I think it'll be around the same specs. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

lol rally games require MUCH less. do you see 150 intelligent AI's in rally games on the screen at the same time? nope.. also AC won the best graphics @ E3... ac is going to require alot more, main reason is the 150 AI's

davo81
06-29-2007, 07:47 AM
Well what im implying is that Dirt has a TERRIBLE engine (belive me lol) it depends how well AC's engine is made...u could need a geforce 6 series or u might need a 7 series depending on how well designed it is ...of course AC is ALOT hevier but it's engine is no where near as poorly designed as DIRT.

x_101_
06-29-2007, 07:48 AM
Don't worry, it will probably be put on system requirements lab anyway. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

chikkenstorm
06-29-2007, 07:50 AM
Combining the 2 posts above, it'll be around the same specs. AC needs alot more, but it'll probably have a much better engine (atleast, that's what they should have after more than 2 years).

EDIT: With 'the 2 posts above' I mean Moqqy's and davo81's ones afcourse http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

orwamdaka
06-29-2007, 08:28 AM
what about
intel core 2 duo e6600 or e6700
2gb 667mhz
8600gts 512 ddr3

thnx all http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

chikkenstorm
06-29-2007, 08:57 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by chikkenstorm:
@orwamdaka, you should be able to http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif Your graphics aren't very great (GF 8600GT seems to suck), but hey, it's DX10, which is already a speed boost over DX9. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>8600GTS doens't seem to be alot better. If you're going to buy a new pc, get a mid-range ATI-card, which will come mid-summer. They seem to be alot better then those mid-range Nvidia cards.

orwamdaka
06-29-2007, 09:34 AM
yes i am going to buy a new pc but i don't have much money to buy those new mid-range ATI-card
and i don't wanna wait for them to release so what computer do you prefare for me

thnx http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

orwamdaka
06-29-2007, 10:01 AM
yes i am going to buy a new pc but i don't have much money to buy those new mid-range ATI-card
and i don't wanna wait for them to release so what computer do you say for me ? ?

thnx

davo81
06-29-2007, 09:15 PM
You don't need to spend more than AU$2000 like you would get a e6600 or 6700 2gb ram mabye 4gb and a 8800 gts (320mb).

get somthing like this..
Q6600 (2.4ghz/2x4mbL2/quadcore/)
4gb DDR2- 667 or 800
8800 GTS or GTX...

If u dont have enuff $$$ (lol) mabye 2gb ram a e6600 and a 8600 GT or GTS.

DjGuZ
06-29-2007, 10:21 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by HeresToAtomBomb:
He also made it sound as if those who have a firm grasp on the english language should ignore syntax, punctuation, and proper capitalization when putting forth a thought in digital form. Well done Dj, you've successfully massacred the English language. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey, What ? are you the English master, haha.
First, i Live in Uruguay, i'm not a teacher of english, and, if i want to write like this, I write like this. "massacred the English language" ???, There is people, from the same america, who writes *you* - Ya' . and other...
So, If you discriminate so much... why don't you
talk me some spanish ?? ha ¿?.
Speak me in spanish, PERFECT spanish, with no mistakes, and i'll recognise i have mistaken.
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/784.gif

davo81
06-30-2007, 01:17 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DjGuZ:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by HeresToAtomBomb:
He also made it sound as if those who have a firm grasp on the english language should ignore syntax, punctuation, and proper capitalization when putting forth a thought in digital form. Well done Dj, you've successfully massacred the English language. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey, What ? are you the English master, haha.
First, i Live in Uruguay, i'm not a teacher of english, and, if i want to write like this, I write like this. "massacred the English language" ???, There is people, from the same america, who writes *you* - Ya' . and other...
So, If you discriminate so much... why don't you
talk me some spanish ?? ha ¿?.
Speak me in spanish, PERFECT spanish, with no mistakes, and i'll recognise i have mistaken.
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/784.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Lets stay on topic shall we?

chikkenstorm
06-30-2007, 03:24 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by orwamdaka:
and i don't wanna wait for them to release so what computer do you say for me ? ?

thnx </div></BLOCKQUOTE>You don't have money for a mid-range ATI card, but you have enough money for a mid-range Nvidia card? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif Anyway, my budget is extreme-low (like €450), but I just get myself a cheap one from Germany. If you're somewhere in Europe too, I'd suggest that. They're really cheap on Ebay (and they have alot new ones, from shops).

K_cin
06-30-2007, 11:59 AM
racing games have always been great for low spec pc's but they are all going up steeply as the grahics improve now they are having tiny things u dont even notice (the exhaust shaking and tire tred etc) taking lots of RAM and needing high end cards

but Dirts engine is pretty bad though

if u cant afford a mid range graphic card u shouldnt buy a new pc it wont be worth it

MrMoo333
06-30-2007, 09:05 PM
GEForce 7900 SLi WITH downloaded driveres handles Oblivion on Ultra High specs, so Im guessing it will atleast hold AC on at least Medium with good performance

orwamdaka
07-02-2007, 03:20 PM
HEY everyone
i have bought my new pc it's spec are :
intel core 2 duo e6600
2gb 667mhz
geforce 8800 gts 640mb
250 gb a6mb+

will the game run on medium or better ???

thnx ..... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/partyhat.gif

omfgnoob1
07-02-2007, 03:30 PM
Of fakin corse

U will run it on high probably

orwamdaka
07-02-2007, 05:03 PM
thnx

davo81
07-02-2007, 06:22 PM
Well nobody knows what engine AC is using...JR said it was a custom egine built from scratch. All we know at this piont is well practically if it will run or not..we don't know what kind of effects it will use etc.

In any case if it's like other 'next-gen' games it would probably have these features

Dynamic Lighting
HDR
Long view distance (LOD)
Motion blur
Very good Texture and Model details
High end Graphic effects
Particle effects
Next-gen physics system
Direct X 10

ETC....but im just guessing..other next gen games had these features also...and ive never seen a 8800gts run all these sorts of next gen effects at a high resolution with a smooth frame rate...you will probably have to disable some post-process effects like motion blur or dynamic lighting to get a smooth framerate...

MrMoo333
07-03-2007, 01:03 PM
Or just get a lot of RAM, 1 gig can handle it, but 2 gig or so will be smooth

davo81
07-03-2007, 11:59 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MrMoo333:
Or just get a lot of RAM, 1 gig can handle it, but 2 gig or so will be smooth </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ram has nothing to do with the framerate, thats all on the video card n the CPU. Ram caches data to be used in the game, the graphics card renders it and the CPU processes everything else such as effects physics AI timing and weather ETC.

Phreaky_McGeek
07-04-2007, 12:01 AM
Yup - the truth is, most real-world applications will only go a bit faster with 2gb over 1.

nova-prim3
07-04-2007, 02:57 AM
more ram won't necessarily increase your framerate, but it will make a massive difference to how smooth the game is. more ram will decrease/eliminate jerks when moving around corners, between sectors, etc.

most games will use so much memory, anything short of that and you will be plauged by the game freezing for split seconds and general smoothness issues. over that the extra ram won't make much difference. how much ram you will need depends on the gfx/performance settings, etc you set and the games requirements (and of course all the stuff you have running in the background). For a modern game I wouldn't suggest anything under 2 gig. Keep in mind to go over ~ 3 gig, you need to be running a 64 bit operating system. Both new Intel and AMD processors support 64bit OS's, even though Intel don't truly provide 64bit.

chikkenstorm
07-04-2007, 03:08 AM
And since RAM doesn't cost that much, it's always worth upgrading http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif Altough, I wouldn't go any higher then 2gb at the moment.

Lord_.Blackwood
07-04-2007, 09:45 AM
Well, I just read through this topic, yes,11 pages, and I am wondering.

Do we know if this wonderful wonderful game comes for PC or not?

I know a thing or two about computers, but I'm fairly new to the hardware side, never really had to know anything about it. I believe I have a mid ranged pc, what do you think :

Intel Pentium 4 (3.2GHz)
NVIDIA GeForce 7950GT
2560 MB DDR-SDRAM

I think I should be able to run the game with this, what do you think?

If everything else fails, I do have xbox 360 so I can buy AC for that one :P

MrMoo333
07-04-2007, 10:26 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by nova-prim3:
more ram won't necessarily increase your framerate, but it will make a massive difference to how smooth the game is. more ram will decrease/eliminate jerks when moving around corners, between sectors, etc. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Yup http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif thats what I was gettin at

chikkenstorm
07-05-2007, 02:18 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nathaniel1989:

I know a thing or two about computers, but I'm fairly new to the hardware side, never really had to know anything about it. I believe I have a mid ranged pc, what do you think :

Intel Pentium 4 (3.2GHz)
NVIDIA GeForce 7950GT
2560 MB DDR-SDRAM

I think I should be able to run the game with this, what do you think? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>It's comming to pc http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif
And you should be able to run it. The only thing that could kill you is that your (pretty powerfull) graphic card isn't DX10 compatible. So don't expect it to run on full detail or with AA http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

davo81
07-06-2007, 06:52 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nathaniel1989:

Intel Pentium 4 (3.2GHz)
NVIDIA GeForce 7950GT
2560 MB DDR-SDRAM

I think I should be able to run the game with this, what do you think? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>It's comming to pc http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif
And you should be able to run it. The only thing that could kill you is that your (pretty powerfull) graphic card isn't DX10 compatible. So don't expect it to run on full detail or with AA http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No your CPU is bottlenecked. it's gunna chuck a fit if you try and touch up the settings on AC or any other next gen game. You should have a dual core cpu for that big graphics card. (BTW the 7950 is the most powerful Dx9 card out there...excluding the 7950 GX2 and GX2L). If u upgrade ur cpu to....some 2ghz or higher dual core cpu then your comp should easily run AC...on Dx9 which wont look as nice as Dx10...still run as good as 8600gts mabye.

chikkenstorm
07-06-2007, 11:45 AM
The DX10 cards now aren't that great for DX10, read this (http://www.anandtech.com/video/showdoc.aspx?i=3029&p=6).
But yeah, that CPU isn't that good (why didn't I notice that before?). You'll run it for sure, but if they give Dual Core support (does even one game has this?) you should go for a dual core system. Intel's Dual Cores are great overclockers. So even with a E4300 (1.86GHz) you get a great performance boost, because the E4300 is overclockable 'till about 3GHz and I heard people with watercooling telling they hitted the 4GHz!
The problem with a new CPU is that you need a new mainboard, but you probably knew that already http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Lord_.Blackwood
07-06-2007, 01:21 PM
Yes, I've been thinking about that, buying a new processor I mean. I'm currently in sweden doing some work for my mother's brother. Depending on how well I get money from this, I'll go for the new MB and a new processor http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Thanks for the great replies, appreciated chikkenstorm and davo81 http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

I've also thought about upgrading to Vista, any thoughts? (I know this is off-topic, but still :P)

K_cin
07-07-2007, 03:02 AM
nah dont get an intel one i did some research and aparently u get more for ure money with AMD

KamikazeToy
07-07-2007, 06:41 AM
nah dont get an intel one i did some research and aparently u get more for ure money with AMD </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Evidently you didn't do very much research, or research on four year old articles, because had you even visited ANY reputable hardware/gaming website, you would know that Intel's budget dualies EASILY STOMP over AMD's chips. Its sad actually considering that a budget Intel can outperform a mid-upper range AMD proc.

KamikazeToy
07-07-2007, 06:46 AM
Yes, I've been thinking about that, buying a new processor I mean. I'm currently in sweden doing some work for my mother's brother. Depending on how well I get money from this, I'll go for the new MB and a new processor http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Thanks for the great replies, appreciated chikkenstorm and davo81 http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

I've also thought about upgrading to Vista, any thoughts? (I know this is off-topic, but still :P) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And yeah, I might get flamed for double-posting, but oh well.
If you're looking to upgrade to Vista, I'd recommend you look at an 8800 series card. While the 320mb model will run you around $200, you'll find that it is more than capable of handling today's games. As for the proc, I'd choose the E6320 (Intel) because of its relatively low price, only $160, and the increased L2 cache over the smaller models.
Keep in mind that when you upgrade your proc/mobo, you're going to have to buy ddr2 ram, seeing as how ddr went out of standard quite a while ago O:

While it IS true that your comp isn't really top of the line, it most likely won't have too much of a problem running the game. Whoever above me stated that your CPU was the bottleneck isn't really correct either; yeah your computer won't be very efficient at multi-tasking, nor will it be taking advantage of the multi-threaded coding should AC choose to go that route, the CPU shouldn't really have a problem as long as its being dedicated to the game.

Lord_.Blackwood
07-07-2007, 09:37 AM
I just bought my GF 7950 GT half a year ago,it costed me about 300 euros, I'm not buying a new one just yet :P

And maybe I'll buy the new RAM as well, but so far I haven't noticed anything :O

davo81
07-07-2007, 05:57 PM
lol, no i would never upgrade to vista....games need more ram if ur on vista for a start, it laggs....and there is not much program support for it. for instance...

Crysis minimum needs 768mb ram (1GB on vista)!!!

But yea try upgrading to 2gb ddr2 533 or 667 (675) mabye. and upgrade ur cpu to a e6320 or e6420 if u can afford....but im quite happily OC my E6600 with stock cooling http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif.

mabye get an intel classic series? they can take vista (i would really only upgrade if u want Dx10) 8gb ram ddr2 800 lol (dont exceed 3.5 gb on XP). they have PCie 16x socket and intel core 2 duo capabilities (e4300, e6300 e6320 e6420 e6600 e6700).

or get new comp...lol -_-"".

KamikazeToy
07-07-2007, 08:07 PM
lol, no i would never upgrade to vista....games need more ram if ur on vista for a start, it laggs....and there is not much program support for it. for instance...

But yea try upgrading to 2gb ddr2 533 or 667 (675) mabye. and upgrade ur cpu to a e6320 or e6420 if u can afford....but im quite happily OC my E6600 with stock cooling http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif.

mabye get an intel classic series? they can take vista (i would really only upgrade if u want Dx10) 8gb ram ddr2 800 lol (dont exceed 3.5 gb on XP). they have PCie 16x socket and intel core 2 duo capabilities (e4300, e6300 e6320 e6420 e6600 e6700).

or get new comp...lol -_-"". </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Problem with being an "anti-Vista" activist is the fact that you WILL lose out on DX10 functionality seeing as how Vista will be the ONLY OS to support it. Sure, you can have a dx10 capable card sitting in your computer, but without vista, you lose most of the reason to even own one.

Lord_.Blackwood
07-08-2007, 01:25 AM
I'm moving out to live by myself with a friend like within few months, and that's not free &gt;.&lt;

But depending on how much money I'll have left/will get, I was thinking about this :

2x 1Gb, SP2-6400, DDR2 800Mhz DIMM 43.40 €
1x Core Duo 2 E6600 2.4GHz, 4MB, FSB1066 Boxed (Conroe) 219.40€
1x FP-IN9 SLI, S775 NF650I SLI DDR2 SATA2 GLAN 8CH 121.00€

From my old computer I'd remove my Graphics card (GF 7950GT 512 MB), hard drive (200G), or maybe buy a new one, and both my dvd drive and the burning one. Then I'd just reinstall my windows, and the computer would be like new, what do ya think? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

K_cin
07-08-2007, 02:47 AM
vista is great i dont see lag anyware i can play old games no problem and new game are so cool being able to play while it installs but then again i would have paid to upgrade it came free with pc so....

Im on 1Gb RAM at the moment but im gonna go up to atleast 2 for this game

chikkenstorm
07-08-2007, 03:59 AM

But depending on how much money I'll have left/will get, I was thinking about this :

2x 1Gb, SP2-6400, DDR2 800Mhz DIMM 43.40 €
1x Core Duo 2 E6600 2.4GHz, 4MB, FSB1066 Boxed (Conroe) 219.40€
1x FP-IN9 SLI, S775 NF650I SLI DDR2 SATA2 GLAN 8CH 121.00€

From my old computer I'd remove my Graphics card (GF 7950GT 512 MB), hard drive (200G), or maybe buy a new one, and both my dvd drive and the burning one. Then I'd just reinstall my windows, and the computer would be like new, what do ya think? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>That's pretty nice http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif And your graphics card is still good. As long as you don't get a DX10 card, you don't need Vista.
I'd go for that, and than save for a good graphics card, which you should be able to plug into your new mainboard http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif Unless they create something new (faster then PCI-e), but I don't think they'll do that soon http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

Lord_.Blackwood
07-08-2007, 04:47 AM
Yessum, you're surfing the same brain waves as I am chikkenstorm http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

KamikazeToy
07-08-2007, 05:28 AM
Personally, I would go with the E6320 as its the same cpu, but at a lower clock (easily fixable through slight OC'ing). Your Mobo is also kind of on the expensive side, but hey. Your GPU is still a VERY nice card to have right now and will last you a while longer still; so unless you're dying to play in Dx10 (which I was http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif ), then you'll probably be fine holding off on Vista/8800

Lord_.Blackwood
07-08-2007, 11:52 AM
I hear there is a major price drop for intel's CPU's coming soon, I just might go for the e6600 OR even better version http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Phreaky_McGeek
07-08-2007, 12:40 PM
Not to mention the Geforce 8900, ATI's mid range cards and a price drop in DDR3 RAM...

x_101_
07-08-2007, 01:46 PM
Okay so at the moment i have only 1gb corsair ram, and its 533mhz (ddr2). But if i get another 1gb is it safe to get higher mhz or does it have to be the same mhz??
(and my motherboard has a dual channel feature, if that makes any difference?)

davo81
07-09-2007, 01:53 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by x_101_:
Okay so at the moment i have only 1gb corsair ram, and its 533mhz (ddr2). But if i get another 1gb is it safe to get higher mhz or does it have to be the same mhz??
(and my motherboard has a dual channel feature, if that makes any difference?) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You can mix diff clock speeds but by default it will default back to the slowest clock speed (mhz) of ram in ur comp for example:

1x 1gb ddr2 533
1x 1gb ddr2 667

default clock speed = 533

And btw i have vista on my new comp and there is nothing wrong with it...it's just that it's not so much change to XP (which indeems a usless waste of money).

x_101_
07-09-2007, 04:52 AM
I get it know, thanks.
And I totally agree with the vista thing even though i dont have it, i heard it makes you require more ram too.

chikkenstorm
07-09-2007, 08:19 AM
That's because Vista will be running on the background and Vista requires alot RAM. It was the same when XP came; games required more RAM to play properly.

davo81
07-10-2007, 12:49 AM
That's because Vista will be running on the background and Vista requires alot RAM. It was the same when XP came; games required more RAM to play properly. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yea, and because Vista is poorly programmed....but 2gb of ddr2667 would be plently for this game or crysis....but 4gb ddr2 800 on vista wouldn't costa much more and tat would be nice....http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Jade_Samurai
07-10-2007, 01:15 AM
stop dishing out on vista, look, i know vista is a stupidly dirty word, so was XP "sup youse gonna upgrade to the Xp shiznig on youse automated calculating machine?" "Awesomely no bro me man, youse been surfin' da WWW? says me and cletus gots da get u's' plenty RAM for frogga und magic carpet 2" quote - some old nerds with of the time slang.
If AC is a vista only program... i will upgrade, only more ram, my dodge 1 gig is getting dusty and lonely needs another stick buddy. i think my machine is going to explode when it comes to AC only single core P4 3.6 ghz. i will have to over clock, but only after i see how it runs!

davo81
07-10-2007, 01:20 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">my dodge 1 gig is getting dusty and lonely needs another stick buddy </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

One problem....RAM must be installed in sets of TWO (so u cant have 1gb stick, you must have 2x 512 mb ETC) This is only on DIMM typed mobo's and besides there is a thread about Direct X anyway http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

sea_dude99
07-11-2007, 02:30 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">my dodge 1 gig is getting dusty and lonely needs another stick buddy </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

One problem....RAM must be installed in sets of TWO (so u cant have 1gb stick, you must have 2x 512 mb ETC) This is only on DIMM typed mobo's and besides there is a thread about Direct X anyway http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
What are you talking about? Im running only 1 1 gig stick of my 2x 1 gig pack because one burned out http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

davo81
07-11-2007, 04:21 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by sea_dude99:

One problem....RAM must be installed in sets of TWO (so u cant have 1gb stick, you must have 2x 512 mb ETC) This is only on DIMM typed mobo's and besides there is a thread about Direct X anyway http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
What are you talking about? Im running only 1 1 gig stick of my 2x 1 gig pack because one burned out http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Your mobo must allow for Uni function of RAM then

Armoured_87
07-11-2007, 06:24 AM
i'm guessing it will something close to crysis' system req. an 8800GTX/S, E6600 and 2GB or RAM to play everything at max settings.

I wonder if it will support DX10

cypressquick
07-11-2007, 12:21 PM
I dont think that AC will be that demanding. I have a
ATHLON 64 3000+
1GB RAM
Asus 7600GT
and I ran Lost Planet Extreme Condition on 1024X768 with HDR, Motion Blur and All on high except 2 things. So AC wont be that demanding I think.

GPNM
07-11-2007, 01:14 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by KamikazeToy:

or get new comp...lol -_-"". </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Problem with being an "anti-Vista" activist is the fact that you WILL lose out on DX10 functionality seeing as how Vista will be the ONLY OS to support it. Sure, you can have a dx10 capable card sitting in your computer, but without vista, you lose most of the reason to even own one. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think it's called DX9.0L or something like that, it's going to be the equivalent of DX10 for XP...in 09 I believe.

But anyway...I think this is going to have the following min. requirements:

P4 3 Ghz

SM 2.0 (possibly 3.0 considering this is Ubi) GFX card

1 GB RAM

4 GB HDD Space

Though...I can't imagine a P4 running this game well considering the sophisticated AI and the fact that there are so many NPC's WITH the sophisticated AI.

Core2Duo FTW!

holden2007
07-11-2007, 02:23 PM
Is my compture good enough to at least play the game?
processor information

Processor 0:AMD Athlon 64 proccessor 3500+

Nvidia Geforce 7600 GT

Microsoft DirectX- 9.0

Operating System Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack2

System Info

Reference clock 201.532 MHZ
HT multiplier 5.0x
CPU multiplier 11.0x
PCI bus 33.000 MHZ
GPU core 580.000 MHZ
GPU memory speed 725.000MHZ
2.22GHZ
512 RAM

bushido052577
07-11-2007, 02:52 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by holden2007:
Is my compture good enough to at least play the game?
processor information

Processor 0:AMD Athlon 64 proccessor 3500+

Nvidia Geforce 7600 GT

Microsoft DirectX- 9.0

Operating System Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack2

System Info

Reference clock 201.532 MHZ
HT multiplier 5.0x
CPU multiplier 11.0x
PCI bus 33.000 MHZ
GPU core 580.000 MHZ
GPU memory speed 725.000MHZ
2.22GHZ
512 RAM </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Low/Medium

holden2007
07-11-2007, 03:01 PM
ok so i should be able to play it on low to medium with out alot of problems thats fine with me

cypressquick
07-11-2007, 05:14 PM
bushido052577 I think you shouldnt say on what settings someone will play because we dont know how demanding the game will be. For example everyone said to me that Lost Planet Extreme Condition wont work with my Athlon 3000+ and my 7600GT. But, I did it work with DX9 demo settings:
1024X768
HDR HIGH
TEXTURE QUALITY HIGH
MODELS HIGH
MOTION BLUR MEDIUM
and other many things high/medium.

Its just a matter of time

bushido052577
07-11-2007, 05:53 PM
sayin that it wouldnt work wit your system was wrong yea but you are runnin at a REALLY low res so thats helpin you out right there

also, have you seen any of the videos? wit all those NPCs and field of depth, come on now

cypressquick
07-11-2007, 06:32 PM
1024X768 low-res? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif
Youre a straight gamer I dont need 1600X1200 res. Yeah but Lost Planet has a lot of particles (Snow...)

testament89
07-12-2007, 01:51 AM
Hey guys, heres my PC:
Intel Dual Core
2GB Ram
ATI Radeon X1950 Pro 256mb

you guys think this is good enough?
from what I have seen so far, the game graphically doesnt look that demanding, it looks good but not like Crysis like demanding.