PDA

View Full Version : Co-op vector to home?

remaxx
02-22-2005, 06:36 PM
Co-op maps, carrier based ops?

How does one use the radio messages in a co-op game to get back home?

I see if you press 'ground control' then 'homebase' you get given a vector.
I fly on that heading, but never find the carrier.
Is it a heading to the carrier's current position, or a heading to it's starting position.

I also see the carrier indicated on the map. Is this the carrier's current position?

VF51_Flatspin
02-22-2005, 06:51 PM
You have to ask several times to get you vectored in. Ground control only gives approximate heading until you're pretty much right on top of them.

So, ask hdg...fly that course for a few minutes; ask hdg...fly new course; etc...

remaxx
02-22-2005, 07:49 PM
I tried that, but when I got there I saw no carrier.

I would radio ground control every 15 secs or so and their vector would change from, for example, 0 degrees to 180 degrees. This indicates to me that I flew past the carrier. But I saw no carrier.

Akronnick
02-22-2005, 08:31 PM
The vectors given over the radio are only accurate to 30 degrees, which means the vector could be off by as much as 14.9 degrees, a pretty big error.
If you are the leader of the flight, you can tell your wingmen to return to base, which will set your navigation equipment to point you home. If you are not the flight leader, just stay in formation until you get back to the boat.

Zeus-cat
02-22-2005, 09:08 PM
They also only work if you flown all the waypoints. Skip one and Ground Control likes to route you back to the one you missed. Not saying this happens every time, but our squad has seen it happen.

You can get around this if you have the squadron leader keep ordering planes to the next waypoint. Once you are caught up to the current position ground control will vector you home.

Zeus-cat