PDA

View Full Version : CH Pro USB Throttle

Orions_Axx
05-24-2005, 04:41 AM
I have installed Il-2 Forgotten Battles Ace Expansion Gold Pack and Pacific Fighters.
The game doesn't recognize the throttle on my CH Pro FighterStick when it is installed alone or the entire CH Pro USB throttle when they are installed together.
Does anyone have a fix for this problem?

Orions_Axx
05-24-2005, 04:41 AM
I have installed Il-2 Forgotten Battles Ace Expansion Gold Pack and Pacific Fighters.
The game doesn't recognize the throttle on my CH Pro FighterStick when it is installed alone or the entire CH Pro USB throttle when they are installed together.
Does anyone have a fix for this problem?

pacettid
05-24-2005, 05:02 AM
Make sure you have installed the CH Control Manager software that is available on the CH Products website.

If that does not work I recommend you contact their support crew.

ElAurens
05-24-2005, 05:26 AM
Odd, I use the entire CH set, Fighterstick USB, Pro Throttle and Pro Pedals. I just set them up by assigning the axis and buttons using the in-game interface. Works just fine.

I never could figure out that clunky, non-intuitive, CH Control Program.

Iron_Hand1
05-24-2005, 07:30 AM
Go here and Read this first:
http://www.airwarfare.com/tech/sticks.htm
(Props to Tully!)
If that doesn't help you fix the problem then go here:
http://www.ch-hangar.com/forum/index.php?showforum=1

One of those two WILL have a solution.
~S~

Philipscdrw
05-24-2005, 08:18 AM
Thinking of multiple throttles, I really hope that v4.00 or BoB let us assign different control sliders to different engines, and have seperate ignition keys and feathering keys for each engine too. Think, you could use the switches along the front of the CHPro throttle quadrant for ignition and feathering! Hopefully this would only require a small amount of work within the interface, not a re-write of the FM or anything... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Actually, I'll post a new thread in ORR on this topic.

horseback
05-24-2005, 11:28 AM
What does "recognize" mean? If you have just installed the game, or just installed the CH controllers, it is possible that the default axis assignments won't match the game to the controllers' assignments. You have to do some of the work yourself. I always start by reading the manual, which is admittedly not always very clear.

If you haven't gone to the HOTAS (bottom) section of your Controls Menu in-game and specifically assigned the controller axes to the desired functions, the game won't recognize some parts of your controller setup.

I recommend using the <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> clunky, non-intuitive, CH Control Program </div></BLOCKQUOTE>.

Download the latest version of CH Control manager from CH Products' website, and plug in your controllers to load the appropriate drivers. Then bring up your Control Manager, and click on the icon in the top row of the window that looks like a joystick with a green "+" sign to add each controller to your profile. You can also use the Controller or Map wizards to create a single controller profile with up to 8 axes and 32 buttons or several controllers with even more bells and whistles. I find that the Help pages are often useful when I manage to confuse myself (a painfully regular occurance).

Once you've created your Profile, you load it and that is what your operating system sees. You then load Pacific Fighters, go to Controls, and go to the bottom part of the Menu (HOTAS), and click opposite the desired function (Rudder, elevator, ailerons, throttle, flaps, prop pitch, etc.), and then move the controller as appropriate to populate that function.

I usually use one of the Single Missions to check that I've got it right; sometimes you can get aileron, rudder or throttle directions reversed. Click on F2 to get an external view of your aircraft, and move your controls. If they go in the wrong direction(s), then hit the Escape key and return to the Controls menu to correct your errors.

That's the gist of the operation; you'll soon be able to start flying and complaining about the flight models with the rest of us.

cheers

horseback

Orions_Axx
05-24-2005, 04:25 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gifThanks Everyone!!!

Your suggestions all helped. First I went to CH and dowloaded the latest version of CH Manager.

Then deinstalled everything and then reinstalled IL-2 FB/AEP/PF.

The key point that I missed was to move the Fighterstick in pitch after I selected "Elevator" under Controls/HOTAS. Likewise for roll, rudder and throttle. At first, I had some of the controls reversed but I was able to correct it easily. In the end, it was pretty simple to fix once you guys helped me to figure it out.

Everything works fine now.

Thanks again!

Orions_Axx (aka Orions_Ax in CFS2)