PDA

View Full Version : Oleg future plane please P-47M

blackpulpit1970
02-21-2006, 07:16 AM
Oleg in the future could you maybe give us a P-47M which did see alot of service in the war and is documented quite a bit, thanks for the great sim and hard work.

blackpulpit1970
02-21-2006, 07:16 AM
Oleg in the future could you maybe give us a P-47M which did see alot of service in the war and is documented quite a bit, thanks for the great sim and hard work.

Jaws2002
02-21-2006, 07:24 AM
That's what our P-47D is.

Diablo310th
02-21-2006, 07:26 AM
I totally agree. With teh Late 47 what we got was supposed to be near M performance. It would be nice if this was upgraded to full M performance.

Jaws2002
02-21-2006, 07:31 AM
From patch 4.02 read me:
"P-47D, 1944 *
150 octane and increased boost pressure. Performance almost like P-47M"

So it's at least close to it.

Willey
02-21-2006, 04:59 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jaws2002:
That's what our P-47D is. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And it sucks. 5kph more down low, but 20kph less up high. Nice joke.

BigKahuna_GS
02-21-2006, 06:46 PM
S!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Jaws--That's what our P-47D is.So it's at least close to it.
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Believe me, I am gratful for the P47D Late--but it is not really that close to P47M performance.

P47D Late 2600-2700hp max speed 444mph at 23,200ft.

P47M 2800hp/+ max speed 475mph at 30,000ft.

P47M = more horsepower, more energy, more power at all atltiudes, better acceleration, better climb rate and 30mph faster. The P47M was a true hot rod of a plane.

Unfortunately we will probably not see the P47M or P47N in this sim.

__

VW-IceFire
02-21-2006, 09:19 PM
Performance was changed in the latest patch. Have you guys retested its performance to see how it matches up. I heard it was doing 440mph or better.

lbhskier37
02-21-2006, 09:44 PM
The D is pretty good, the M was a good bit better at high altitudes, but no one uses these altitudes in this game. I think its kinda like the boosted spit IX vs. that griffon spit. With the way most fly in this game, the boosted spit is just as good as the griffon spit because no one goes above the altitude where the griffon was better.

Back to the P47, I think the N would be a much better version to get in the game. A P47 without any ground attack ordinance would probably not get used much. If we could get one, I would vote for the N just because its small performance difference between the M and N would be made up for by its versitility.

VW-IceFire
02-21-2006, 09:54 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by lbhskier37:
The D is pretty good, the M was a good bit better at high altitudes, but no one uses these altitudes in this game. I think its kinda like the boosted spit IX vs. that griffon spit. With the way most fly in this game, the boosted spit is just as good as the griffon spit because no one goes above the altitude where the griffon was better.

Back to the P47, I think the N would be a much better version to get in the game. A P47 without any ground attack ordinance would probably not get used much. If we could get one, I would vote for the N just because its small performance difference between the M and N would be made up for by its versitility. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
This is true...although I would mostly want the Spitfire XIV because it just looks really cool and has that fancy gyro gunsight.

The P-47N I would also say I'd rather have than the P-47M. The N had far better roll rate, similar performance, and a large warload for ground attack. I think it was capable of carrying 6 HVAR rockets and 2 1000lb bombs.

Badsight.
02-22-2006, 12:21 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by lbhskier37:
The D is pretty good, the M was a good bit better at high altitudes, but no one uses these altitudes in this game. I think its kinda like the boosted spit IX vs. that griffon spit. With the way most fly in this game, the boosted spit is just as good as the griffon spit because no one goes above the altitude where the griffon was better. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>it takes mere minutes to get over 7K

i fly there all the time , most locked pit servers have peeps constantly over 6K , as you head toward the enemy base you climb & in no time your up over 6K

i love hi-alt DFs & do plenty of them

(btw , id like a Mk14 Spit just because it would wipe the floor with all other fighters in FB)

BigKahuna_GS
02-22-2006, 01:18 AM
S!

The P47M would have been the most responsive Jug in terms of raw speed and power across the board and at all altitudes. A 30mph speed difference between the P47D Late and P47M is huge and the M is achieving that speed at 7,000ft higher which means the engine is developing more power.

30 miles (statute) per hour is equal to 48.28 kilometers (km) per hour.

The P47M was also over-boosted as previous Jugs were. The P47N was said to be the best handling late model Jug in terms of turn rate and roll rate. The penality that US aircraft pay in this sim is weight and as with most US aircraft alot of this weight is from the large fuel loads they carry. There should be more responsiveness with lighter fuel loads or as fuel burns off and more energy retention from this greater weight.

Here is my reply from a GD duscussion the P47D Late:

The P47D Late was re-tuned as it was too slow throughout the altitude range. If you look at the speed curves below, you will see that the performance "sweet spot" is between 16,000ft (420mph) to 23,200ft (444mph)and up to 439mph at 25,200ft.

"The airplane and engine handled well at all altitudes at the higher powers. At 70.0" Hg., water injection, a maximum speed of 444 MPH was obtained at 23,200 feet. At 65.0" Hg., with water a high speed of 439 MPH at 25,200 feet and a maximum rate of climb of 3260 ft/min. at 10,000 feet were obtained."

Stay in the Performance "Sweet Spot" for best effectiveness.

The higher you operate the Jug above 20,000ft the less overheating occurs.

Keep the cowl flaps closed--less drag more speed.

Setting nose down trim and reducing prop pitch will help the Jug to accelerate faster in the dive.

Dive and recover, dive and recover. Altitude is your friend. A wing man is very important.

Covergance at 300m for both has worked very well for me. Always take the extra ammo setting.

http://www.spitfireperformance.com/p-47/p47d-44-1-level.jpg

http://www.spitfireperformance.com/p-47/p47d-44-1-level.jpg

The P47D Late should have close to 2700hp/+ at 70" MAP

http://www.spitfireperformance.com/150grade/p-47-66inch.jpg

http://www.spitfireperformance.com/150grade/p-47-66inch.jpg

HelSqnProtos
02-22-2006, 01:32 AM
S~!

Bump, a very easy addistion to the next addon unless there are cockpit differences.

IIJG69_Kartofe
02-22-2006, 02:58 AM
There are A LOT of external differences!

Willey
02-22-2006, 04:39 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by VW-IceFire:
Performance was changed in the latest patch. Have you guys retested its performance to see how it matches up. I heard it was doing 440mph or better. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

At least down low - nothing has changed. That's where the boost should have the biggest impact. I suggest Maddox fitting a Paddle blade prop to it, as they have done with the D-27 - which is the reason that they're so close down low.

guderian_ente
02-22-2006, 04:58 AM
A new cockpit for the existing P-47s would be

much, much better

than new über-variants.

Ratsack
02-22-2006, 05:24 AM
Sorry to p1ss on the parade, but the premise of this thread is wrong. The P-47M did not see extensive service. It was operated by a single fighter group, the 56th, and they had a lot of problems with the higher powered R-2800-57 motor. As a result, they didn't begin full scale operations with the type until April 1945. I place it pretty much in the rare, late-war category, and therefore not that important (like the Ta152, Do339, YP-80, etc, etc, etc).

In addition, it would require the dorsal fin to be added, so there would be some 3D modelling to be done.

As far as widespread and extensive use is concerned, you're on much firmer ground with the P-47N, but that would also require 3D work. It would need the long range wing with the square tips and the dorsal fin. The N saw a lot of work in the Pacific, so it would be a fair and useful addition. Performance similar to the M.

Ratsack

WOLFMondo
02-22-2006, 06:14 AM
New pits would be a nice addition.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by blackpulpit1970:
Oleg in the future could you maybe give us a P-47M which did see alot of service in the war and is documented quite a bit, thanks for the great sim and hard work. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

130 built, plagued by engine problems, pilots didn't trust them and went back to there old D's. You could justify the N on that basis but the M was minor variant, really a fancy failure of a generally excellent design. The N on the other hand was a major production model and used extensively in the pacific.

Besides, the N looks cooler and had better overall performance. I doubt either will appear in this sim, to late and to many external changes. The boosted D is pretty awesome though.

anarchy52
02-22-2006, 06:23 AM
P-47s we have are a lot better in terms of relative performance compared to it's historical competition (horizontal turn, low speed handling to name a few).

guderian_ente
02-22-2006, 07:16 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">...plagued by engine problems... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This is something that really needs to be added in BoB.

If they are going to keep adding unusual variants and experimental aircraft (and knowing how the community works I think they will) they should also add their downsides, i.e. engine problems and other teething troubles.

Right now there is no way to make them perform realistically in the game, so instead we get "über" versions with experimental features and 100% reliability.

HayateAce
02-23-2006, 04:46 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by anarchy52:
109s we have are a lot better in terms of relative performance compared to it's historical competition (horizontal turn, low speed handling to name a few). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

WOLFMondo
02-24-2006, 01:19 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by anarchy52:
P-47s we have are a lot better in terms of relative performance compared to it's historical competition (horizontal turn, low speed handling to name a few). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well that shouldn't bother anyone flying a US plane correctly then should ithttp://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Ah, I forgot, some think the P51 and P47 were low alt turn fighters. Nevermind.

Skycat_2
02-24-2006, 01:57 AM
I don't care what variant of P-47 is considered as long as it has a HVAR loadout, 'Ace Maker' gunsight and a radio direction finder guage.

Failing that, I wish the seat in the D-27 wasn't painted fire-engine red.