PDA

View Full Version : Depth of field settings

omacaco
05-07-2010, 07:45 AM
Hello. Is there anyway to turn off depth of field in this game. It is an effect I hate and it kills my frame rate whenever there is a lot of it on screen at once (almost always). There is no setting in the menu and looking thru the .ini files there are a lot of settings that I can't tell what they are and a few different files that are identical.

If no one knows the settings can anyone at least point me to the file that has the current in game settings so I can tinker with it?

Thanks

omacaco
05-07-2010, 07:45 AM
Hello. Is there anyway to turn off depth of field in this game. It is an effect I hate and it kills my frame rate whenever there is a lot of it on screen at once (almost always). There is no setting in the menu and looking thru the .ini files there are a lot of settings that I can't tell what they are and a few different files that are identical.

If no one knows the settings can anyone at least point me to the file that has the current in game settings so I can tinker with it?

Thanks

rek0
05-07-2010, 08:01 AM
No, you can't change this, becuase the game loads the whole map + NPC's in one go, not as you progress through.

omacaco
05-07-2010, 08:08 AM
I'm not sure you understand what depth of field is. It's the bluring of things that are close or far away. Like how same is blurry when you aim at someone.

rek0
05-07-2010, 08:09 AM
Ahh yeah, my bad, I got it mixed up with View distance >.<

Compassghost
05-07-2010, 08:35 PM
C:\ProgramData\Ubisoft\Conviction

for Vista.

Lone ini file.

Try this: TransparentDOF=True

Set to false.