PDA

View Full Version : How to set icons distance?

buchtik
02-06-2010, 11:44 AM
I noticed this during online play.The icons weren't visible, but when I was about 500m away from the airplane, I started seeing them.Is there any way to set the distance from which you will start seeing icons?

buchtik
02-06-2010, 11:44 AM
I noticed this during online play.The icons weren't visible, but when I was about 500m away from the airplane, I started seeing them.Is there any way to set the distance from which you will start seeing icons?

JG52MadAdler
02-06-2010, 01:14 PM
The host can set the Icon type by entering the following in the chat box at the start of the DF or coop.

">mp_dotrange FOE COLOR 0.50 DOT 20 RANGE 0.1 TYPE 1.0 ID 0.1 NAME 0.1"

">mp_dotrange FRIENDLY COLOR 1.00 DOT 20 RANGE 0.1 TYPE 0.7 ID 0.1 NAME 0.5"

The distances can be what ever the host would like them to be.

na85
02-06-2010, 02:51 PM
for the record those numbers are in KM's

So in MadAdler's example,

mp_dotrange FRIENDLY COLOR 1.00 DOT 20 RANGE 0.1 TYPE 0.7 ID 0.1 NAME 0.5

means for friendly aircraft you see the color at 1km, the dot itself at 20km, a numerical range is shown at 100m, the aircraft type at 700m, the aircraft's number at 100m, and the pilot's name at 500m

thefruitbat
02-06-2010, 04:57 PM
you can set them offline, using the same commands, but by going into the console by pressing shift tab, and then typing your desired mp_dotrange settings.

If you decided to use the same settings regualry, you can edit the rcu file, so it automatically changes to these settings, or use the rcu file just as a shorthand way to do it.

i have it set up so when i go into shift tab, I only have to type e and f, followed by enter, and it changes my icons, for friendly and enemy respectivly to the settings i like.

Bearcat99
02-06-2010, 06:29 PM
Look here: Dot Range (http://mission4today.com/index.php?name=Knowledge_Base&op=show&kid=521) for an explanation of what they are.

Instead of having to type in those commands everytime you want to adjust the dots you can also set it up in your rcu file. The rcu file is located in the main 1946 folder wherever you have 1946 installed. On my PC it is :

C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\IL-2 Sturmovik 1946

The rcu file is a file which will allow you to use scripts to alter parameters within the sim. With an rcu file you can check your frame rates, check player stats & more.

Below is a sample of the stock rcu file in an un modded 4.09m version of the sim

<span class="ev_code_YELLOW">@set fast off
@set echo on
@set alias on
@set history 20

@alias a alias
@a h history
@a s show</span>

Here is a sample of my RCU..

<span class="ev_code_YELLOW">@set fast off
@set echo on
@set alias on
@set history 20
@file dosturmolog
@alias a alias
@a h history
@a s show
@timeout 90000 file start.aut
@alias f fps SHOW START
@alias nf fps SHOW STOP
@a me user 99th_Bearcat STAT
@a me2 user Bearcat STAT
@a dancer user 99th_WindDancer STAT
@a patches user 99th_Patches STAT
@a snake user 99th_Snake STAT
@a worf user 99th_Worf101
@a if mp_dotrange FRIENDLY COLOR .9 DOT 44.0 RANGE 0.7 TYPE 1.0 ID 1.2 NAME 1.0
@a ie mp_dotrange FOE COLOR .7 DOT 44.0 RANGE 0.5 TYPE 0.8 ID 0.6 NAME 0.4</span>

When I want to adjust my turn on my modified icons all I do is open the console using SHIFT+TAB and type: ie --&gt;ENTER which will set the icons enemy.. and then type if--&gt;Enter.. which will adjust my friendly icons. Then I close the console with SHIFT+TAB. This will set the icons to the settings I have listed. When I want to use the internal frame counter.. I open the console and type f--&gt;Enter (instead of fps START SHOW) . If I want to check my stats I can just open the console and type me.. if I am offline... I can type me2.. for other squad members I just type the text in lower case.. and it will show the stats for whatever username I have setup. There is more that you can do with this too.. RedDiamond used to set his RCU so that when he launced it in addition tothe icon settings, it would open his rads 2 notches and set his engine for multi use.. (this was when we were flying P-38s a lot). The syntax for that is in :C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\IL-2 Sturmovik 1946\Users\default ... you will have to type it exactly as it is written for it to work. Do a search in the forum for rcu for more info on that.

Bearcat99
02-06-2010, 06:30 PM
I see fruitbat was thinking the same thing... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

thefruitbat
02-07-2010, 04:30 AM
Your explination is better Bearcat, lol!

Here is another trick i recently learned from BadAim, via Extreme One,

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">
But if you always use the same icon settings there is an easy method that means you don't need to enter the command/s every time you load a mission.

First you create a new file in your IL2 directory called icons.rcu (create it in notepad and ensure it doesn't end up with a .txt suffix) and enter your mp_dotrange commands inside. Here is an example:

mp_dotrange FRIENDLY DOT 15.000 COLOR 0.005 RANGE 0.005 TYPE 6.000 ID 0.005 NAME 0.005
mp_dotrange FOE DOT 15.000 COLOR 0.500 RANGE 0.005 TYPE 6.000 ID 0.005 NAME 0.005
timeout 60000 file icons.rcu

The last line makes the file reload roughly every 60 seconds.

Then you add this line to the end of your rcu file:

@file icons.rcu

So now every time you start a mission your preferred icon settings are applied automatically. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

very cool little trick http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

fruitbat