PDA

View Full Version : Console > PC

Lennart_970
03-04-2010, 11:30 AM
I've been a Ghost Recon fan for quite a while. Since the very 1st one actualy.
I've played GR 1 and thunder island.
Ghost Recon 2 on the PS2
and all GRAWs (GRAW1: PC and PS2, GRAW2 PC and 360)

But with Advanced Warfighter, something happened: I got angry at Ubisoft.

Why?

Lets take a look at the PC and Xbox version.

The Xbox version was more action, it had a cover system when offline and you were able to climb over small objects.

The PC version had nice grapghics and you could assemble a gun in the way you liked it. But that's about it. Oh right.. I almost forgot the PC allowes more tactical gameplay.
As for movement: left, right, forward, backwards and some leaning. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif No blind fire, no real cover and peek around just a bit.. No.. the whole head (and a small part of the rest of the body) had to stick around the object. Making it too easy for snipers to take headshots.

Although the game engines were different, the HUD video messages were transfered from the Xbox to the PC...
I never played GRAW 1 on the xbox 360 but now that I bought 1 and have GRAW 2 on both PC and 360.. I was in for a surprise!

Like I mentioned, the HUD video´s..
In the PC they were weird.. ´´DID YOU SEE THOSE WEAPOONS BLOW!? THAT WAS FREAKN' UNBELIEVABLE!''
Dude.. 2 artilery pieces blew up..its not that much.
It seemed that in the 360 version.. you blew up a whole weapons convoy with a minigun in a blackhawk!

Its very nice that Ubi says ''specialy designed for the PC''.. but they should do as they say!

About the AI
GRAW 1: it was ok I guess. BUT! whenever your teammates run into a fixed machine gun nest, they're pretty much dead. They scream and don't run away or seek cover at all... until they die.

GRAW 2 it was much worse! on the PC, friendly units prefered turning their back on the enemy and just call for help if fired upon.

360 was just fine.. they seek cover when its close enough (sometimes on the wrong side of the object but ok..they did something)

The PC seems to be getting forgotten. And its the most powerfull gaming platform! Always has been.
Well, it CAN be. Not everyone ownes a 1000 dollar/euro machine.
But people who do would like to get the max out of it.

Lennart_970
03-04-2010, 11:30 AM
I've been a Ghost Recon fan for quite a while. Since the very 1st one actualy.
I've played GR 1 and thunder island.
Ghost Recon 2 on the PS2
and all GRAWs (GRAW1: PC and PS2, GRAW2 PC and 360)

But with Advanced Warfighter, something happened: I got angry at Ubisoft.

Why?

Lets take a look at the PC and Xbox version.

The Xbox version was more action, it had a cover system when offline and you were able to climb over small objects.

The PC version had nice grapghics and you could assemble a gun in the way you liked it. But that's about it. Oh right.. I almost forgot the PC allowes more tactical gameplay.
As for movement: left, right, forward, backwards and some leaning. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif No blind fire, no real cover and peek around just a bit.. No.. the whole head (and a small part of the rest of the body) had to stick around the object. Making it too easy for snipers to take headshots.

Although the game engines were different, the HUD video messages were transfered from the Xbox to the PC...
I never played GRAW 1 on the xbox 360 but now that I bought 1 and have GRAW 2 on both PC and 360.. I was in for a surprise!

Like I mentioned, the HUD video´s..
In the PC they were weird.. ´´DID YOU SEE THOSE WEAPOONS BLOW!? THAT WAS FREAKN' UNBELIEVABLE!''
Dude.. 2 artilery pieces blew up..its not that much.
It seemed that in the 360 version.. you blew up a whole weapons convoy with a minigun in a blackhawk!

Its very nice that Ubi says ''specialy designed for the PC''.. but they should do as they say!

About the AI
GRAW 1: it was ok I guess. BUT! whenever your teammates run into a fixed machine gun nest, they're pretty much dead. They scream and don't run away or seek cover at all... until they die.

GRAW 2 it was much worse! on the PC, friendly units prefered turning their back on the enemy and just call for help if fired upon.

360 was just fine.. they seek cover when its close enough (sometimes on the wrong side of the object but ok..they did something)

The PC seems to be getting forgotten. And its the most powerfull gaming platform! Always has been.
Well, it CAN be. Not everyone ownes a 1000 dollar/euro machine.
But people who do would like to get the max out of it.

kleaneasy
03-05-2010, 10:11 AM
Threads like this rapidly turn into platform flamewars which is not pertmitted on these forums.

This thread will be locked, feel free to post what you would like to see in the PC version without the console vs.