PDA

View Full Version : Mg151/20 Test from me too then.

F19_Ob
06-12-2005, 04:02 PM
Since I've had the habit of testing earlier patches I dont want to disappoint you now, although 4.0m isn't the final. I'll test the final aswell. (gunnery practise)

Today I tested Mg151/20 and I plan to test the Hispanos tomorrow.

---------------------------------------------
How the test was done:

Arcademode so every hit was detectable and I paused after every hit and looked close to make sure there was no multiple hits, wich sometimes may be the case.

Shot down 60 friendly (4 per sortie) spit vb(1942) on average skill with bf109 G2 and using nosecannon only and one shell at a time.
I didn't aim at the same spot from same distance.
I just fired from within 300m from behind at same level.

The idea with the test is to get an average of how many Mg151/20 shells are needed to down a fighter (spit vb).
I shot down 60 spits.
The first number are the number of cannonshells used and the second is how many planes of the 60 that went down with that ammount of shells.

1 shell = 12 planes

2 shells = 19 planes

3 shells = 14 planes

4 shells = 9 planes

5 shells = 3 planes

6 shells = 2 planes

7 shells = 1 plane

--------------------------------------------

Additional note:
More than half of the planes started smoking thin smoke after one hit.
Those who required 4 or more hits was mainly because some hits was on the top of the fin or the edge or tip of the elevator wich was blown of on some. This means that the planes remained flying severly damaged (kindof).

7 planes flew into ground with some controll damage of wich 2 had no elevators, but the other 53 either lost a wing or a tail or started to burn.
5 of them were pilot kills and 3 exploded.

Regards

F19_Ob
06-12-2005, 04:02 PM
Since I've had the habit of testing earlier patches I dont want to disappoint you now, although 4.0m isn't the final. I'll test the final aswell. (gunnery practise)

Today I tested Mg151/20 and I plan to test the Hispanos tomorrow.

How the test was done:

Arcademode so every hit was detectable and I paused after every hit and looked close to make sure there was no multiple hits, wich sometimes may be the case.

Shot down 60 friendly (4 per sortie) spit vb(1942) on average skill with bf109 G2 and using nosecannon only and one shell at a time.
I didn't aim at the same spot from same distance.
I just fired from within 300m from behind at same level.

The idea with the test is to get an average of how many Mg151/20 shells are needed to down a fighter (spit vb).
I shot down 60 spits.
The first number are the number of cannonshells used and the second is how many planes of the 60 that went down with that ammount of shells.

1 shell = 12 planes

2 shells = 19 planes

3 shells = 14 planes

4 shells = 9 planes

5 shells = 3 planes

6 shells = 2 planes

7 shells = 1 plane

--------------------------------------------

Additional note:
More than half of the planes started smoking thin smoke after one hit.
Those who required 4 or more hits was mainly because some hits was on the top of the fin or the edge or tip of the elevator wich was blown of on some. This means that the planes remained flying severly damaged (kindof).

7 planes flew into ground with some controll damage of wich 2 had no elevators, but the other 53 either lost a wing or a tail or started to burn.
5 of them were pilot kills and 3 exploded.

Regards

tigertalon
06-12-2005, 04:09 PM
Ty, good job. One question, though: When did you consider plane destroyed? Ok, it is obvious when he lost wing or tail, but other cases - destroyed controls, pilot kills?

Seems Mg151/20 really carries a punch now, as it should.

F19_Ob
06-12-2005, 04:42 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by tigertalon:
When did you consider plane destroyed? Ok, it is obvious when he lost wing or tail, but other cases - destroyed controls, pilot kills?
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes I also counted in the pilotkills wich were 5 in all.
Two of them were with the first and single shell and one was killed after 4 hits on the plane. One plane that needed 7 hits was spinning and I just threw off another shot at it before it hit the ground and got a pilotkill so that one wasn't nescessary really. One of the pilotkills I forgot to note.

I noted 7 planes wich dived into ground with likely controlldamage. Two of those 7 lost both elevators and one lost a fin. I forgot to note how many lost ailerons.

All the rest either lost wings, tails or burned (I counted burning planes as kills).
3 planes exploded.

Only 2 planes got stopped propellers and of all the 60 planes only 4 started to smoke severly (without flames). On the rest it was either light smoke, colant and/or fuel or full fire.

VF-29_Sandman
06-12-2005, 05:54 PM
these same pods from 2-300 meters will cut a wing off the f4u-1a in 3 hits..tho the corsair didnt meet the 109's. devastating cannon no doubt. took about 3 or 4 volleys to take down a a-20.

VW-IceFire
06-12-2005, 05:55 PM
I imagine if you did the same test with the Hispano there will be similar results. I'm fairly confident that will be the case...and if so, thats good.

VF-29_Sandman
06-12-2005, 06:07 PM
it actually didnt take much to knock down a fighter in ww2. if even just 1 round hit the right spot while it was in a high g turn, the wing could snap off like a dry twig. i have seen in rl gun cam clips that it only took 2 shells from the 50's to tear apart the fuel tank of a zero, and even ignite the fuel, turning the zero into a meteor. does the 50 cal's ingite fuel vapors...havent tested, but if u would have an incenerary round pass close enough to a wing streaming with leaking fuel, the gas would have ignited. unfamiliar with the 151's..where they just explosive shells like the hispano's or a mix of explosive/incendary.