PDA

View Full Version : AC Movie Basically Just Got Confirmed?

sm312
06-07-2011, 02:37 PM
Yves is on GameTrailers, and kinda just let out that a movie is in the works. No directors or anything lined up yet, but definitely is in the works!

CAN'T WAIT! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

sm312
06-07-2011, 02:37 PM
Yves is on GameTrailers, and kinda just let out that a movie is in the works. No directors or anything lined up yet, but definitely is in the works!

CAN'T WAIT! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

kriegerdesgottes
06-07-2011, 02:39 PM
old news. Nice avatar though.

Ass4ssin8me
06-07-2011, 02:45 PM
I can wait. The day it comes out the day the try-hards at my school like it and start talking incorrectly about the plot. My nerdly instincts telling me to correct them will take over and I'll go rampaging.

Captain Tomatoz
06-07-2011, 03:01 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ass4ssin8me:
I can wait. The day it comes out the day the try-hards at my school like it and start talking incorrectly about the plot. My nerdly instincts telling me to correct them will take over and I'll go rampaging. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Probably the same with me http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Lass4r
06-07-2011, 03:46 PM
On the collectors edition page of ACR that appeared yesterday (?), "Embers" is listed as an animated short film to be included in the edition. So we atleast know theres going to be something which I'm assuming will be done in the same style of CGI as the ACR trailer coming out. Another live action movie would be nice though.

Captain Tomatoz
06-07-2011, 04:01 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Lass4r:
On the collectors edition page of ACR that appeared yesterday (?), "Embers" is listed as an animated short film to be included in the edition. So we atleast know theres going to be something which I'm assuming will be done in the same style of CGI as the ACR trailer coming out. Another live action movie would be nice though. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It could be like the ascension animation short though or just a cartoon. I would love it to be like the CGI trailer. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

BK-110
06-07-2011, 04:26 PM
A CGI film similar to the trailers, including all the original voice actors, would be great.

SixKeys
06-07-2011, 05:32 PM
A full-length CGI film of the same quality as the trailers would be impossible. The trailers are so good exactly because they are meant to be no longer than 3 minutes, so they can pour a lot of resources into them.

souNdwAve89
06-07-2011, 05:37 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BK-110:
A CGI film similar to the trailers, including all the original voice actors, would be great. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Agreed. All the Assassin's Creed CGI trailers have been amazing and well made. I LOVED the song in the Revelations trailer and it fit very nicely. But yeah, Assassin's Creed along with Splinter Cell and Ghost Recon are planned to be made into Hollywood movies. Some of Ubisoft's staff are planning to go to Hollywood to fetch the script to a studio.

Pendragon_082
06-08-2011, 12:10 AM
An AC movie would be amazing, but I wouldn't want to see CGI. In a 6 minute film, CGI looks fantastic. In a 2 hour film... not so fantastic.

PS- the name of the song from the Revelation trailer is called Iron, by Woodkid.

lukaszep
06-08-2011, 09:39 AM
From Ubiworkshop, "Well this animated short is Assassinís Creed Embers, itís a Ubiworkshop project and we are very excited about it. More news about that very soon".

It sounds like Ubisoft is going to be careful with the film and not rush things, which is very good news. I hope they do a good job.

Artemis88
06-08-2011, 10:05 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Pendragon_082:
An AC movie would be amazing, but I wouldn't want to see CGI. In a 6 minute film, CGI looks fantastic. In a 2 hour film... not so fantastic. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

(Trying to stay on topic) Didn't they do something similar with Final Fantasy: Advent Children as well as Resident Evil Degeneration?

I think a CGI movie would be a nice idea, however they'd need a lot of resources.