PDA

View Full Version : Mute Ability Help

KushKonquerer
01-20-2011, 12:45 PM
I just picked it up last level, and I been trying to use it but I dont see how it stops people from killing me or using there abilities. I may just be using it wrong...any tips on how to use it efficiently?

KushKonquerer
01-20-2011, 12:45 PM
I just picked it up last level, and I been trying to use it but I dont see how it stops people from killing me or using there abilities. I may just be using it wrong...any tips on how to use it efficiently?

Phyxsius-
01-20-2011, 12:50 PM
Use it when your target is at its "outer edge", or the 6 meter mark, then ruuuuuuuun like the wind towards him.

Variations exist, but the main thing is for you to learn to count one second and to always remember that there is a slight delay between using it and actually "having full effect".

DarkKing166
01-20-2011, 12:52 PM
mute has a REALLY short time span, like in the snap of a finger after use its gone. i don't use it cuz i just use smoke or charge to deal with the guys after me.

KushKonquerer
01-20-2011, 01:18 PM
Thanks phyxsius that makes it a little more clear how to use it, I wasnt timing it properly

Just Krispy
01-20-2011, 01:21 PM
I started a similar thread and mute is tricky. They can't walk into it like smokies...you have to actually catch them in the wave and then run up really fast and stun.

VampiricGranny
01-20-2011, 06:15 PM
I advise against mute - whispers are vital for gameplay against experienced players

obliviondoll
01-20-2011, 06:23 PM
I'm terrible with Mute, but Phyxsius gave the advice I've seen from most people who are good with it - and I've seen him use it to great effect against me.

loomer979
01-20-2011, 06:45 PM
I think it really helps to watch some videos of people using mute. The problem I initially had (and what seems to be most people's problem) is activating it too late. Like everyone said, you have to factor in a half to full second delay before it takes effect.

Watch some youtube videos (like Rainie's) and keep trying it in-game. Eventually you'll get a sense for what works and what doesn't.